Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 1: 'Today' with Claire Byrne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,113 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Pulled the old, 'I haven't seen the document' to avoid calling out Donnelly too. Disaster area today is Regina.

Trying too hard Francie........... Just sayin a chara.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,064 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Regina is on a roll, didn't have a great time last night either. :):)

https://twitter.com/OConnorOisin/status/1377748891790098432

• Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭ooter

Desperate times call for desperate measures, sending regina out to bat is not a good look at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I heard her say that.

A real OMG moment.

Pity we didn't have quarantine 800 years ago.

On the horse racing topic.

The main problem is that the wealthy owners get the huge bulk of prize money which is where the Govt funding is directed at.
    But sure for owners, the prize money doesn't even dent the training fees and extra costs. I'm talking about NH racing mostly, but many flat owners too.

I didnt hear all of Barry Lenihan's report, but did he even mention training fees? The only money to be made in racing is breeding, so obviously only a small number of owners on the flat have that income.

• Advertisement

This whole debacle proves one thing, the naysayers and stults who attacked the govt about the various ‘abuses’ throughout govt departments got it wrong.

They go after the HSE like rabid dogs but when we try to cut down on welfare abuses they are up in arms.

Perhaps after this programme today it might dawn on them that Pat rarely turns away from the chance to beat the system.

I have been highlighting that for yonks and now the chickens are coming home to roost.

Basing anything on ‘trust’ usually duddnt work too well with Pat.

And there’s the truth.

But sure for owners, the prize money doesn't even dent the training fees and extra costs. I'm talking about NH racing mostly, but many flat owners too.

I didnt hear all of Barry Lenihan's report, but did he even mention training fees? The only money to be made in racing is breeding, so obviously only a small number of owners on the flat have that income.

My point was it would help more if the taxpayers money was spread over a wider base.

According to Lenihan as I understand it most of the 80 million goes on prize money.

It doesn’t really filter down to the stables based on reports done which highlighted abuses.

I am no expert on horse racing, so I can’t say any more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,064 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

This whole debacle proves one thing, the naysayers and stults who attacked the govt about the various ‘abuses’ throughout govt departments got it wrong.

They go after the HSE like rabid dogs but when we try to cut down on welfare abuses they are up in arms.

Perhaps after this programme today it might dawn on them that Pat rarely turns away from the chance to beat the system.

I have been highlighting that for yonks and now the chickens are coming home to roost.

Basing anything on ‘trust’ usually duddnt work too well with Pat.

And there’s the truth.

Does 'Pat' work in the Beacon or de Coombe Brendi?

Does 'Pat' work in the Beacon or de Coombe Brendi?

Alive and kicking Francie... the Universal Soldier a chara.

My point was it would help more if the taxpayers money was spread over a wider base.

According to Lenihan as I understand it most of the 80 million goes on prize money.

It doesn’t really filter down to the stables based on reports done which highlighted abuses.

I am no expert on horse racing, so I can’t say any more than that.
    Admirable ambition, and I agree with it. Yard staff are paid abysmally. But if someone wins €30k on a race, that will not cover the cost of the horse, its schooling and ongoing training. It costs at least €20k to get a horse to its first win under rules, excluding the price of the horse.

It's a bit like what they say about restaurants: How do you earn a million? Begin with 2 million.

Not that I'd know anything about that kind of money, but it's a hobby, not an investment for 99% of people.

Would like to see Lenihan get his teeth into gambling, that's at the core of much of the rot.

• Advertisement

Do some people really pay to have children's gifts wrapped?

PBH and I live in different worlds, clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,934 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

O dear God, is there anything more head wrecking than Eoghan Corry, yes, PBH

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭golondrinas

Do some people really pay to have children's gifts wrapped?

PBH and I live in different worlds, clearly.

Well if you drive an auld land rover defender( absolute gas guzzler) and wear a wax jacket your very similar. SO loved by the English gentry. Somehow I doubt you do so while spouting all kinds of wokeism and telling everyone else to drive electric. Given than you probably are worlds apart.

Didn't write that very well but maybe you get the point.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

I think this interview may come back to haunt this woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,692 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Mother a jaysus.

This Covid talk is incessant fooking nonsenses..

Non stop people on and on and on about the same thing non stop

Lorraine Nolan on there from HPRA. Was on earlier today as well

From her to another Covid chat...

I wonder why PBH has never been given his own regular programme, apart from occasional late-night stints like that series be did on the Grest Recession (it was only ok).

He's good at this kind of magazine format, has enough common sense to be able to think on his feet and ask intelligent questions. Very surprising that he didn't get this gig or the Drivetime one.

I wonder why PBH has never been given his own regular programme, apart from occasional late-night stints like that series be did on the Grest Recession (it was only ok).

He's good at this kind of magazine format, has enough common sense to be able to think on his feet and ask intelligent questions. Very surprising that he didn't get this gig or the Drivetime one.

A tremendous pain the A*** and thankfully he doesn't have his own show, I wouldn't object to an offer of one though, perhaps a 2am - 4am slot?

Seems covid has turned a lot of people into sneaky tell tales, seems the info regarding this latest training breach was sent personally to the Minister for Justice, quite curious and some has an axe to grind me thinks

walshb wrote: »
    Mother a jaysus.

This Covid talk is incessant fooking nonsenses..

Non stop people on and on and on about the same thing non stop

Lorraine Nolan on there from HPRA. Was on earlier today as well

From her to another Covid chat...

Turned off all units Bee.

Sick to the teeth of it.

Dempo1 wrote: »
    A tremendous pain the A*** and thankfully he doesn't have his own show, I wouldn't object to an offer of one though, perhaps a 2am - 4am slot?
    3pm to 4.30pm I'd say. Get rid of Ray. PBH might be ideal in that slot. Something with a focus on countryside and the environment.

3pm to 4.30pm I'd say. Get rid of Ray. PBH might be ideal in that slot. Something with a focus on countryside and the environment.

Hmmm, you might be onto something here :)

• Advertisement

Ah, the Mater Board accepting a generous offer to circumvent the vacinne roll out. David Begg was never one to miss a trick. Disgusting carry on and it seems government powerless or even interested in putting a stop to this disgraceful carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

This show is just a rehashed Morning Ireland and 9 am news, delivered by a pompous got.(git)

I've absolutely no doubt there's a plea bargain done and dusted. District attorney just letting the dust settle.

It's quite extraordinary that any defendant who has actually admitted manslaughter is released on bail, not at all sure this would happen in where else even when anew trial ordered.

This show is just a rehashed Morning Ireland and 9 am news, delivered by a pompous got.

Got? Do you mean Goat? Just asking for a friend :)

I've never quite got why media outlets still call on Bertie Ahern for interviews, All I'm reminded of when I hear him speak is Paddy the Plasterer?, Bertie can't even get an invite to a FF coffee morning, Just seems odd. Yes he played a part in the peace process but I believe Albert Reynolds did most of the hard work.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Got? Do you mean Goat? Just asking for a friend :)

I missed the spelling day in school. :) GIT :)

Did I hear that right, what show is the Cops favourite cop show?

Pat Leahy, OMG another pain in the A***, his expert analysis since retiring his Hillarious on Virgin Media News, Looks like he's in his back garden with mobile phone filming himself. Cringe Fest

I missed the spelling day in school. :) GIT :)

Where I got goat from, I'll never admit too :)

The wire was brilliant, I actually lived in the district of Baltimore were it was filmed, they just don't make shows like that anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Seems covid has turned a lot of people into sneaky tell tales, seems the info regarding this latest training breach was sent personally to the Minister for Justice, quite curious and some has an axe to grind me thinks

I agree with the last paragraph there, terrible to see all this curtain twitching going on and encouraged by the powers that be including the state broadcaster, reminds me of that East German film "das leben der anderens"... all the watchers but no one knows for sure whos watching, paranoia and tension in the air not a pleasant way to live, in fact its only a half-life we're in now

Advertisement