Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 1: 'Today' with Claire Byrne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,955 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Joe Brolly on line 2 Claire

Claire : let's go to a very long break :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

What about your own breaking of the rules Claire.

I still can't believe that this isn't an April's Fool joke, but seems like it did actually happen. How did they think they were not going to get caught?

Extraordinary infighting coming out of FF & FG parliamentary party meetings last night. Norma Foley signs off on new vacinne roll out plan, then seeking explanations after the fact. Leo was bombarded with complaints but he made a very fair point, all his TD'S kicking up a fuss about Teachers and Gardai and yet not a mention of essential workers, meat plant employees etc. I rarely agree with Leo but must say he was spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,626 ✭✭✭Infoanon

I am glad that Claire called out Norma Foley and her ridiculous attempt to put the blame on niac.

Norma another one who obviously doesn't listen at cabinet meetings and imho is a liability to this government.

Niall Collins was right to not even try and defend the indefensible.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,772 ✭✭✭✭zell12

We are governed by this lot!!

• Advertisement

zell12 wrote: »
    We are governed by this lot!!

Scary thought alright and next item to blow up is Donnellys half baked Mandatory Hotel Quarantine shambles, AG & EU Kicking up a hornet's nest

Does Fisher Price manage the HSE IT systems, it's just beggar's belief

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

If they wear there caps back to front, would that count? Asking for a close friend?

They'll have to wait until the new cap reform bill goes through the dail

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Does Fisher Price manage the HSE IT systems, it's just beggar's belief

I think it is more an issue with RTEs phone lines.

I think it is more an issue with RTEs phone lines.

No, I'm referring to the HSE"S it systems

• Advertisement

This Peter chap completely deluded

"I have a little poem"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Another lecture on how really, really bad white people are and all fully accepted by the RTE host

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Another lecture on how really, really bad white people are and all fully accepted by the RTE host

It really was something else, its actually insulting and patronising to people of colour(she doesn't like this phrase) to let people like this lady peddle this historically bogus nonsense without any question

It really was something else, its actually insulting and patronising to people of colour(she doesn't like this phrase) to let people like this lady peddle this historically bogus nonsense without any question

Wasn't she a Co presenter of Britain's lost masterpieces on BBC? Absolute pain in A*** and certainly doesn't look like she had much to struggle with in life

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Wasn't she a Co presenter of Britain's lost masterpieces on BBC? Absolute pain in A*** and certainly doesn't look like she had much to struggle with in life

People touching her hair apparently....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,626 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Michael Mc Dowell,Paul Murphy and Billy Kelliher all in agreement - had to check that it wasn't April 1st.

Simon Coveney being hung out to dry over the quarantine countries list.

Must protect us from those Wallis and Futuna people

Ah Barry I liked your work on the greyhound industry, but don't come for horse racing. It's the one sport that we are world leaders in, it's worth hundreds of millions to the economy, and provides great enjoyment.

Go after the gambling industry, by all means.

Edit: there's Colm McCarthy, not a man we hear enough of these days. I love how bored he sounds by everything, one of the few economists not driven by a personal ideology. Always thought he should have gotten the Central Bank gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,029 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Ah Barry I liked your work on the greyhound industry, but don't come for horse racing. It's the one sport that we are world leaders in, it's worth hundreds of millions to the economy, and provides great enjoyment.

What was that figure; €1 of investment in for a €30 return? And all funded from Betting Tax? Any other economist or business investment team would hallucinate for such returns. As as for wheeling out Colm to tell us to close half the courses just cos Colm :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Yawn, ASTI moan fest again, tiresome nonsense, will Cunnigham from the AGSI Be joking the conversation? Please god, no.

We're told classrooms are safe, ASTI and INTO moaning and whinging about not being prioritised, which is it? Schools safe or not?

Norma looking for explanationss after voting for the new approach, go figure that one

• Registered Users Posts: 19,157 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

On the horse racing topic.

The main problem is that the wealthy owners get the huge bulk of prize money which is where the Govt funding is directed at.

This means that the people we know well... no need to name them... millionaires and billionaires and Princes .

I would prefer if the money from the taxpayer was spread around a bit more.

I fully realise that these owners come here because of the money invested and probably would follow the money if it was substantially reduced, but I feel a more equitable distribution might be fairer.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,228 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

They really make Callan's job easy. Very good take down of all things HSE there. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,389 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Regina “defend FG at all costs” Doherty in overdrive today

Regina “defend FG at all costs” Doherty in overdrive today

Having a mare doing it too.

She’s gone into hysterical Karen mode now

Pulled the old, 'I haven't seen the document' to avoid calling out Donnelly too. Disaster area today is Regina.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭Deeec

Regina is very hard to listen to. Talking over other people is very rude.

• Advertisement

Deeec wrote: »
    Regina is very hard to listen to. Talking over other people is very rude.

Noticed that. Bullying streak in her. It’s like “I will talk and you will listen”

Advertisement