Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,826 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Tis the season :D

Dunnes
    Any 2 for €50 mix and match
    Smirnoff/Bacardi/Captain Morgan/Cork Dry Gin 1 litre
    Jameson 700ml
    Guinness/Budweiser/Carlsberg 24x500ml

Also 25% back on all wine & champagne when you buy 6 bottles or more

Tesco
    Carlsberg/Carling/Molson 24x500ml €20
    Budweiser/Grolsch 24x500ml €24
    Bulmers/Guinness/Heineken 24x500ml €25

Captain Morgan/Bacardi/Gordons/Cork Dry gin/Paddy 1 litre €25
    Smirnoff 2x1litre bottles €40

SuperValu
    Jameson 700ml €20

And a very Happy Christmas to you too Atlantic Dawn!

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Got offer dates on those bargains AD ?? Cheers

Edit the Tesco 2 for €40 and the €25 offer is until 18th Nov

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭dodzy

Tis the season :D

Dunnes
    Any 2 for €50 mix and match
    Smirnoff/Bacardi/Captain Morgan/Cork Dry Gin 1 litre
    Jameson 700ml
    Guinness/Budweiser/Carlsberg 24x500ml

Also 25% back on all wine & champagne when you buy 6 bottles or more

Tesco
    Carlsberg/Carling/Molson 24x500ml €20
    Budweiser/Grolsch 24x500ml €24
    Bulmers/Guinness/Heineken 24x500ml €25

Captain Morgan/Bacardi/Gordons/Cork Dry gin/Paddy 1 litre €25
    Smirnoff 2x1litre bottles €40

SuperValu
    Jameson 700ml €20

MUP me arse! Fill yer boots lads:) cheers AD.

Tesco

Coors
    24 cans €28
    20 bottles €18

Valid till 25/11

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Tesco - MAJOR DISCOUNT ALERT :D

Tesco seem to have discontinued Coomara poitín, and as a result I've just picked up three 70cl bottles (40%) for €8 each in Bloomfields Dun Laoghaite - that's three bottles for the price of a slab!

Don't know if this offer is nationwide, but there are a few bottles left in Dun Laoghaire and as the website says "this product is not available" while the offer is marked "clearance", I'm assuming this probably means the product is being discontinued nationwide and will probably be discounted in all of their stores until they get rid of their stock.

No idea what it's like, have heard it's worse than paint stripper, but sure with mixer it'll probably be grand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

^ Seen in Ballybrack a few days ago too, on clearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Tesco - MAJOR DISCOUNT ALERT :D

Tesco seem to have discontinued Coomara poitín, and as a result I've just picked up three 70cl bottles (40%) for €8 each in Bloomfields Dun Laoghaite - that's three bottles for the price of a slab!

Don't know if this offer is nationwide, but there are a few bottles left in Dun Laoghaire and as the website says "this product is not available" while the offer is marked "clearance", I'm assuming this probably means the product is being discontinued nationwide and will probably be discounted in all of their stores until they get rid of their stock.

No idea what it's like, have heard it's worse than paint stripper, but sure with mixer it'll probably be grand!

I haven't tried this particular brand but I bought poitin over the summer and it was vile. No amount of mixer could mask the taste and I've tried the cheap vodkas and rums

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭snowgal

dodzy wrote: »
    MUP me arse! Fill yer boots lads:) cheers AD.

What does MUP mean?!! Ive seen it a few times,Im not down with the ppl obviously!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

snowgal wrote: »
    What does MUP mean?!! Ive seen it a few times,Im not down with the ppl obviously!

Minimum Unit Pricing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,260 ✭✭✭✭elperello

snowgal wrote: »

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057676265&page=124

Minimum Unit Pricing

A Government proposal with full support from FF SF LAB and others to rig the drinks market against the interests of consumers. Link to a thread discussing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Ah well, I went and bought 3x70cl of the Poitin before seeing the warnings above, so I guess I'm stuck with it ;)

It's flavoured, berry and apple in different bottles, so maybe that'll make it somewhat more palatable :D

In other news, does anyone know if there are any €10 off a €50 shop / €5 off a €25 shop vouchers coming up that'll work in Tesco? Want to get involved in slabland, but would feel a right eejit if I went and stocked up and then next week everyone was getting huge discounts :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Just picked up a litre of Paddy in Tesco for €25, had a €5 off when spending €25 voucher expiring today so I got it for €20, which is almost half price!

Still on offer. Just bought my third one yesterday :o. Great for hot whiskeys!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

We're all going to be raving alcoholics at this rate..........

• Registered Users Posts: 27,894 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

We're all going to be raving alcoholics at this rate..........

I have the opposite problem... my bargain hunting ability far outstrips my capacity to consume the bargains!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭joeysoap

In other news, does anyone know if there are any €10 off a €50 shop / €5 off a €25 shop vouchers coming up that'll work in Tesco? Want to get involved in slabland, but would feel a right eejit if I went and stocked up and then next week everyone was getting huge discounts :D:D:D

Dunne vouchers work in Tesco, and in previous years so did Aldi and Lidl vouchers (from the Saturday/Sunday papers)

Dunnes vouchers ‘die’ when you use them in Tesco but if say you buy two slabs of Guinness in Dunnes for €50 and ‘borrow’ a voucher off someone you get them for €40 and a voucher for €10 back to return to its rightful owner (or you can use them the next and make the return a day later :))

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

joeysoap wrote: »
    Dunne vouchers work in Tesco, and in previous years so did Aldi and Lidl vouchers (from the Saturday/Sunday papers)

Dunnes vouchers ‘die’ when you use them in Tesco but if say you buy two slabs of Guinness in Dunnes for €50 and ‘borrow’ a voucher off someone you get them for €40 and a voucher for €10 back to return to its rightful owner (or you can use them the next and make the return a day later :))

Good luck 'borrowing' a voucher- too many people have been pulling that one.......

Best bet- unless there is an outstanding offer in Tesco- is to use the Dunnes vouchers- in Dunnes........

A) I borrow off mrs soap every Christmas - has to be returned by Friday :)

B) agree it’s better used in Dunnes hence my statement stating it ‘dies’ in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

centra stores nationwide

70CL Bottles 2 for 30 Euro Smirnoff / Captain Morgans / Gordons Gin

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Good luck 'borrowing' a voucher- too many people have been pulling that one.......
    How do you mean pulling that one? is it against the rules? are they tied to the clubcard? are people being questioned?

Last year around christmas my tesco had 10 off 50 vouchers, and if you used one you should have got 1 more, but I was always getting 2, I am not sure why but I had a pile of them, I asked checkout girls but they did not know why -just said "no idea, but I did notice several get 2". I was making up to 4 trips a day (live in walking distance)

Before I had been "loaning" ones to family and getting the 1 back, but when I started getting 2 I could not get rid of them, it was like a pyramid scheme or something -but in a good way. In the end I was handing them out to random people I saw with full trolleys! or people buying lots of booze, many were suspicious but saw some later after checkout thanking me -and they had got 2 more vouchers themselves.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I was the same with Dunnes vouchers in the few weeks before Christmas, t'was like they were breeding! So I ended up handing one or two to bemused randomers.

Speaking of which, I've a SuperValu €6 off €30 code valid until Wednesday I won't be using. If anyone wants it, reply to this thread and I'll PM it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭sceach16

Quackster wrote: »
    I was the same with Dunnes vouchers in the few weeks before Christmas, t'was like they were breeding! So I ended up handing one or two to bemused randomers.

Speaking of which, I've a SuperValu €6 off €30 code valid until Wednesday I won't be using. If anyone wants it, reply to this thread and I'll PM it.

Yes, please.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

sceach16 wrote: »
    Yes, please.

PM sent!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,826 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

afro man wrote: »
    centra stores nationwide

70CL Bottles 2 for 30 Euro Smirnoff / Captain Morgans / Gordons Gin

When is that starting do you know?

I can't see anything about it online.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭adam240610

Cans of Heineken €1.07 each no multibuy needed in Lidl, €10.70 for 10 what a steal

EDIT:turns our it's 24 for 24 too, bought a slab, they don't even have this part advertised!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mellton

I just saw slabs of Heineken for 25 euro in the new Tesco in Swords. However I know last year that Tesco's on the M1 from Balbriggan northwards competed against Northern Ireland on certain weekend. Last year the slabs of Heineken were 20 euro.

Can remember that too. Someone on boards posted the price of drink in Tesco but it was only in certain stores ie those closest to the border.

LIDL Thursday 23rd until 29th Nov - 4 for €6.00

Bulmers cans 500ml 4 for €6.00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

vicwatson wrote: »
    LIDL Thursday 23rd until 29th Nov - 4 for €6.00

*Burners* cans 500ml 4 for €6.00
    The is what it should be called as that's what it does to your esophagus, stomach and ring!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Why is it that Carlsberg is always macky out of a tap but nice to drink out of the cans. 24 for 20€ is grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

TallGlass wrote: »
    Why is it that Carlsberg is always macky out of a tap but nice to drink out of the cans. 24 for 20€ is grand.

Where

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement