Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,857 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

TallGlass wrote: »
    Weird, I was under the impression they done away with this policy in Ireland a few years ago or maybe it was another policy.

Actually the old policy if I remember, it was if you where overcharged, you would get to keep the product and get the full amount you where charged back.
    This happened on Saturday so it still must be a thing :)...in Dublin anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Weird, I was under the impression they done away with this policy in Ireland a few years ago or maybe it was another policy.
    Policy is still there, in some stores you have to fight to get it, even if it is blatantly printed out and on full display on the wall some people had trouble getting it. You are supposed to get double the difference.

This does not include incorrect pricer per kilo, price per unit which are rife in tesco, and is what a lot of customers compare products by. If they did honour those mistakes I would make a fortune off the scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

brucefan wrote: »
    Just got text from Supervalu - 2 x 24 cans of Heineken/Guinness €50 from Thursday till Sunday. Quotas apply.

Was in SuperValu yesterday and 24x500ml cans Carlsberg are €23

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

Amazon BF deals.
    I presume you'd have to use Parcel Motel or similar.
    RCPrKdP.png
    QR53ESs.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Amazon BF deals.
    I presume you'd have to use Parcel Motel or similar.
    Parcel Motel don't deliver alcohol / liquids.
    Is there another way of getting delivery?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,120 ✭✭✭Invincible

Eurospar sent out text, 18 x 500ml Guinness for €15 using your key card, 2 available per customer, Friday only.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

How do you get booze from Amazon?

Did not think it was possible at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,234 ✭✭✭joeysoap

How would they enforce the over 18 rule?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

joeysoap wrote: »
    How would they enforce the over 18 rule?

Its not the Over 18 rule, you need to be over 18 to have a credit card anyway. The issue is the duty. Amazon have no way of collecting it therefore they cannot post to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭All in all

How do you get booze from Amazon?

Did not think it was possible at all?

I used parcel wizard on 2 occasions with no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

All in all wrote: »
    I used parcel wizard on 2 occasions with no problem.

I'm very tempted.
    Do you know what would happen if they refused it? Would I be out of pocket?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭All in all

I'm very tempted.
    Do you know what would happen if they refused it? Would I be out of pocket?

I'm not sure, it was fine with me. If delivery was refused it would be returned to Amazon and a refund given. If it got as far as DPD and on their premises I am not so sure.

There was a thread about it this time last year also and the consensus was that the couriers are so busy this time of year that the items will get through, also select deliver in amazon box.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Don't go with Amazon- go with a private seller on Amazon- they're more likely to ship directly. I have two cases of Vinho verde on its way to me by GLS from Portugal- est. weight of 40kg, shipping charge of EUR18.99 (and EUR 130 for the 24 bottles). Whether or not I have to pay duty when it arrives here- remains to be seen. Worse case scenario 2-3 quid a bottle, and I've 24 bottles of really nice 2014 Vinho Verde to enjoy at my leisure.

Don't try to cheat the taxman- or the courier- be upfront- you may have to pay tax or duty on it, you may not- its in the lap of the gods.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Spotted in Tesco Ballybrack for €20 on clearance shelf...

434371.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 31,857 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Spotted in Tesco Ballybrack for €20 on clearance shelf...

434371.jpeg
    Oh that looks nice! Wonder if its all tescos?

Eurospar Barnhall (probably other Eurospar too)
    Trays of 18 cans of Guinness - 15 Euro
    I don't drink Guinness- so I'm not sure how good an offer this is- but there queues out the door of people buying nothing but Guinness filling their boots with this.
    Several pallets still there- don't think they'll run out anytime soon.

For those non-alcohol drinkers- all 7Up/Club/Pepsi etc @ 1 Euro per 2 litre bottle (same location- Eurospar, Barnhall Road).
    Not much 7Up left- seems to have been particularly popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Trays of 18 cans of Guinness - 15 Euro
    I don't drink Guinness- so I'm not sure how good an offer this is
    I can't remember ever seeing it go below €1 a can. I take it these were 500ml 4.2% cans.

UK can have 440ml and it is 4.1%.

Might be a "black friday" thing seeing as it is stout.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭elperello

rubadub wrote: »
    I can't remember ever seeing it go below €1 a can. I take it these were 500ml 4.2% cans.

Love it!
    Black Friday Black Porter:)

rubadub wrote: »

Yup- 500ml, 4.2% vol, BB 04.08.18

Funnily enough- their offers on spirits were very meh- nothing of any note.

Best offer I could see on wine (same location) was 'I heart Pinot Grigio' (which is Roumanian) @ 7 Euro a bottle (its actually a lovely crisp citrusy dry white).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Was just in Supervalu

24 x 500ml cans Heineken €30 but 2 for €50
    24 x 500m cans Guinness €28 but 2 for €50

Dont appear to be interchangeable so I had to buy 2 of each.... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Was just in Supervalu

24 x 500ml cans Heineken €30 but 2 for €50
    24 x 500m cans Guinness €28 but 2 for €50

Dont appear to be interchangeable so I had to buy 2 of each.... :D

€25 for 24 cans of Guinness in Tesco - €20 for 24 Carlsberg and Bud. I picked up a slab today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Anyone know of any deals for Hophouse 13?

I'm a Guinness drinker in a pub but HH has become my home beer of choice.

All I've been able to find is the likes of Dunnes doing 4 500ml bottles for a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Anyone know of any deals for Hophouse 13?

I'm a Guinness drinker in a pub but HH has become my home beer of choice.

All I've been able to find is the likes of Dunnes doing 4 500ml bottles for a tenner.

Lidl is the same, 4 for a tenner. Sorry don't know any other deals on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Fair play to eqwjewoiujqorj for the heads up. I nabbed 18 Orchard thieves for 20 which was great.
    And a bottle of Gordons gin for any Xmas visitors for 17 quid. Handy to have there. Much appreciated. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

I've bought whisky on Amazon through Parcel Motel in the past with no problems..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

cadaliac wrote: »
    €20 for 24 Carlsberg and Bud. I picked up a slab today.

Careful now, that one must vary from store to store, was charged 24€ for Bud and Carls was advertised at 24€

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Careful now, that one must vary from store to store, was charged 24€ for Bud and Carls was advertised at 24€

Yea, was looking at that - was in store in Ballincollig, Cork.
    Definitely not €24, it was €20 - yesterday.

I noticed that the spirits offer has gone (2 x liter bottles = €40 ) that was there last week. Smirnoff, Captain Morgan and a Gin too. Mix and match.
    Bottles of Paddy were all gone - I can't remember what they were, they were cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭elperello

O'Briens advertising 70 cl Tullamore Dew for €19.95 and 70 cl Jameson Black Barrel for €34.95

• Registered Users Posts: 11,727 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Savage deals at the moment, got three slabs for €75 in Tesco and used a €16 off coupon along with €24 worth of the points coupons.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,243 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Savage deals at the moment, got three slabs for €75 in Tesco and used a €16 off coupon along with €24 worth of the points coupons.:)

I know, I feel like I have a balaclava on leaving the place :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement