Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

GY A1 wrote: »
    Where

Tesco I think had them for 20€

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

vicwatson wrote: »
    Tesco

Coors
    24 cans €28
    20 bottles €18

Valid till 25/11

Infact this seems to be until 28th Nov

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

vicwatson wrote: »
    Infact this seems to be until 28th Nov

Tesco have been known to pull dates forward in the past, so if any good deals come up I would not be waiting around to get them.

A lot of the flavoured absolut 700ml are €20, will get a couple for xmas presents.

700ml Baileys is €13, think it only dropped to 12 last year, used to go as low as 10 but would be sold out in a flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Bought 2 of them Bailey's cheap. Turns out nobody I know actually likes it! Couldn't drink more than a glass of it myself either ...

Random Xmas present coming somebody's way

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Kerrygold version of baileys is €18.95 in o briens, down from 24. Still a lot dearer than baileys but someone might want a change, or a bit of a joke to get for a staunch fan of kerrygold butter

https://www.obrienswine.ie/kerrygold-cream-liqueur-70cl.html

16S051-Kerrygold-Cream-Liqueur-70cl.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Bought 2 of them Bailey's cheap. Turns out nobody I know actually likes it! Couldn't drink more than a glass of it myself either ...

Random Xmas present coming somebody's way

Put a drop into cream before whipping .... :) lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Or have a measure of whiskey or brandy will defeminate it.

2 x 20 bottles of Carlsberg €30 in Dunnes.
    If you add €20 groceries to make up the total to €50 and use a €10 voucher you get the beer for 50 cent a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭sceach16

elperello wrote: »
    If you add €20 groceries to make up the total to €50 and use a €10 voucher you get the beer for 50 cent a bottle.

I reckon U get 20 of groceries for 10 since U were buying the beer anyway! :D

sceach16 wrote: »
    I reckon U get 20 of groceries for 10 since U were buying the beer anyway! :D

Carlsberg on the cornflakes lovely jubbly:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,234 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Just be aware they are 300cl bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Given the weekend that's in it I've put together what I think are decent deals on alcoholic beverages, feel free to add anything I have missed :D

Tesco
    Heineken or Coors Light 20x330ml bottles - 1 for €22 or 2 for €35.
    Molson or Bulmers 330ml bottles 20 for €20
    Molson 24 500ml cans for €24
    London Pride, Banana Bread Beer, London Porter etc bottles, 4 for €9
    Paddy 700ml €24

Dunnes
    Corona 12 355ml bottles €15
    Heineken 20 330ml bottles €22
    Coors Light 20 330ml bottles €22
    Budweiser or Carlsberg 20 300ml bottles for €18
    Guinness or Carlsberg 12 500ml cans €16
    Bacardi, Bushmills, Cork Dry Gin 700ml bottles €20
    Captain Morgan or Smirnoff 1 litre bottles €26
    Paddy 1 litre €30

Super Valu
    Heineken 20 330ml bottles €20
    Coors Light 20 330ml bottles €22
    Miller 20 300ml bottles €15

LIDL
    Bulmers 300ml bottles 20 for €18.99
    Bulmers 500ml cans €1.33 each (Saturday and Sunday only)
    Bushmills 700ml bottles €19.99

Clicked on the first post by mistake and found some interesting reading.

Over 3 and a half years ago we were in a lot of cases (pardon the pun) paying more for booze than we are now.

Could it be this thread played it's part in keeping prices competitive?

Anyway, thank you Atlantic Dawn and everyone else who contributed to a brilliant thread.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭droidman123

Molson is actually only €20 for 24 cans in tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Grolsch cans 24 for €20 on the sign in Tesco Arklow.
    I was charged 24 at the till and didn't notice till I got home. Not bad stuff and 5%.
    (there's a possibility I misread the sign, but I don't think so)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

d31b0y wrote: »
    I was charged 24 at the till and didn't notice till I got home. Not bad stuff and 5%.

https://www.google.ie/amp/www.irishmirror.ie/news/weird-news/being-overcharged-tesco-can-big-8978934.amp

Worth considering if you still think you were overcharged. They do honour it as I know my mother’s friend used to avail of it quite a bit. Only really worth your while if the overcharge is decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

On the tesco website it has Any 24 cans of Grolsch For 24.00
    valid from 16/11/2017 until 25/11/2017

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

BaZmO* wrote: »
    https://www.google.ie/amp/www.irishmirror.ie/news/weird-news/being-overcharged-tesco-can-big-8978934.amp

Worth considering if you still think you were overcharged. They do honour it as I know my mother’s friend used to avail of it quite a bit. Only really worth your while if the overcharge is decent.

The wife was overcharged by a fiver yesterday, said 60 on the shelf and 65 at the till. Supervisor confirmed it was an error but only refunded 5 euro. Fired off an email there to customer service, worth a try.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭dodzy

Lads, are the 24 x 500ml cans of bud still going for €24 ? Never got a chance over the last few days to get to Dunnes or Tescos.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,120 ✭✭✭Invincible

dodzy wrote: »
    Lads, are the 24 x 500ml cans of bud still going for €24 ? Never got a chance over the last few days to get to Dunnes or Tescos.

Valid until 25/11

https://m.tesco.ie/mt/www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/search/default.aspx?searchBox=Budweiser&un_jtt_redirect

• Registered Users Posts: 31,857 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The wife was overcharged by a fiver yesterday, said 60 on the shelf and 65 at the till. Supervisor confirmed it was an error but only refunded 5 euro. Fired off an email there to customer service, worth a try.
    I had this recently with a bottle of vodka in tesco....20 euro on shelf...charged 26.50 they refunded me 13 euro (the offer had expired 30/10 - apparently!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

d31b0y wrote: »

Appears €24 is correct, but still good value.

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=255613078

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭andersat2

dodzy wrote: »

yes, still there,
    don't forget 5 euro off coupons

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭brucefan

Just got text from Supervalu - 2 x 24 cans of Heineken/Guinness €50 from Thursday till Sunday. Quotas apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

elperello wrote: »

Buy 4 boxes for 50 with voucher. Hope everyone like carlsberg when they call round over Christmas :)

Buy 4 boxes for 50 with voucher. Hope everyone like carlsberg when they call round over Christmas :)

If Carlsberg did Christmases.😃

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

As per usual Aldi have their Honey Bourbon back for Christmas.

€16.49

Very nice stuff, the honey is not overwhelming or sticky sweet like the Jack Daniels one.

They also have a cinnamon flavored bourbon, which I haven't tried.

QIDA5VS.png

kw4217_sa_08_da.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭askU

As per usual Aldi have their Honey Bourbon back for Christmas.

Very nice stuff, the honey is not overwhelming or sticky sweet like the Jack Daniels one.

They also have a cinnamon flavored bourbon, which I haven't tried.

QIDA5VS.png

kw4217_sa_08_da.jpg

How much €?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Alicja_T

Aldi - 26 YO single malt for 49,99e. Rumours say that its former Bushmills stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

Supermarket Deals this week

IBAoZKb.jpg

6qoRdjB.png

8B2FYbW.jpg

21xi9BE.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

gmisk wrote: »
    I had this recently with a bottle of vodka in tesco....20 euro on shelf...charged 26.50 they refunded me 13 euro (the offer had expired 30/10 - apparently!)

Weird, I was under the impression they done away with this policy in Ireland a few years ago or maybe it was another policy.

Actually the old policy if I remember, it was if you where overcharged, you would get to keep the product and get the full amount you where charged back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement