Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

In response to 'How did you get on chick'

I axed him last nite n he deneyed evrything. L8ers x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,509 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

aoh wrote: »
    Special prayers for our pom (dogs name)! He is in pretty bad shape. We will know on Tuesday if he will make it or not!

Is the dog baptised?

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

"I made pasta for supper"

"What if I don't want pasta?"

"Why. Are you lack toast and told her aunt? "

"Pardon?"

"Lack toast and told her aunt. You know, that thing where you can't have dairy food."

"Lactose intolerant, you mean.."

"Isn't that what I said?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

"Luv me knew black Pugh Joe 206"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭aoh

Is the dog baptised?

Not sure about that (I hope not!!) but

"Tonight we said goodbye to my companion, he knew me by grandma! My heart is broke into pieces! We had 12 good year's .he went camping ,long car rides to see my moms dog. He went every where with me! I'm so lost right now! RIP (dog name) go be with my dad and mama cat! I'll love you forever!"

Lots of luvs'n'hugs'n'prayers in the comments plus a load of RIP. It's a fupping dog!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,532 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

How are people this illiterate, the correct spelling is on the car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

It's a fupping dog!!

Most animals I've known are nicer than most people I've known

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

"Tonight we said goodbye to my companion, he knew me by grandma! My heart is broke into pieces! We had 12 good year's .he went camping ,long car rides to see my moms dog. He went every where with me! I'm so lost right now! RIP (dog name) go be with my dad and mama cat! I'll love you forever!"

Lots of luvs'n'hugs'n'prayers in the comments plus a load of RIP. It's a fupping dog!!
    I wouldn't go plastering it all over facebook but if one of my dogs died I'd feel exactly the same. I'd be devastated.

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I wouldn't go plastering it all over facebook but if one of my dogs died I'd feel exactly the same. I'd be devastated.

I understand that but it was all the RIP that got me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Accepting Cookies

Posts some life advice/word of inspiration meme but your experience of the person who posted it never does anything but the opposite in real life. It makes me laugh and roll my eyes in equal measure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Off to New York for a few days next week. Have been many times before.

Last time I went 3 years ago, a colleague of mine (the type who posts inspirational memes, sends loves, hugs, prayers etc on FB) recommended that I should join a Facebook group called "NYC, The place to be" (it's an invite only group you apply to join).

Seeing as I have been in the city many times before and know my way around and no longer have the desire to do any mainstream touristy things, I said feck it I will join to see if there are any random recommendations for things to do that my wife and I wouldn't have thought of doing or places to go for a wander.

Now don't get me wrong if I was going for the first time it would be handy as there are some genuine posts that would be helpful in offering advice for tourist spots etc.

But this group is pure comedy gold. It seems to be a group for mainly lazy Brits, who don't seem to want to absolutely any research on their destination and repeatedly ask the same dumb questions:

- How much spending money will I need if I am going for X amount of days? (How in Gods name is someone supposed to answer that when you do not know what their plan will be)

- Is the food expensive? (Yeah if you are dining in a 5 star restaurant for every meal it would be....)

- What's the weather like? Will I need to bring my winter jacket. (You know cos like there are no websites that would give you an up to date report on the weather in a certain place).

As I type this and look at the recent posts on the group, a person is asking how's the weather at the end of May? Is it shorts and t-shirt weather they ask. Hold on let me get the DeLorean fired up and I'll get you a status report for the dates you are going.

- As its Christmas they are asking how much is it to see the tree at "Rock a fella" centre. A very quick search will tell you that it doesn't cost a penny.

- Loads of selfies on planes with the phrase "its our turn" while wearing a Friends Font style T-Shirt that says e.g. "The one where Debs goes to NYC" (I might be a bit harsh here, it is exciting to go somewhere for the first time).

- But the best post I have seen was on Monday where some girl who is going to travel in December 2020 asking how the turbulence will be then as her little "angle" doesn't like turbulence. Must ask for the lottery numbers in the group as some of the Mystic Megs were able to answer her question....

If you are ever in need of a laugh, go and join it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

w/s/p/c/ wrote: »

But this group is pure comedy gold. It seems to be a group for mainly lazy Brits, who don't seem to want to absolutely any research on their destination and repeatedly ask the same dumb questions:
    -

I have seen similar questions asked elsewhere by "Lazy Irish" also there is more than a hint of snobbery off your post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I have seen similar questions asked elsewhere by "Lazy Irish" also there is more than a hint of snobbery off your post

Not unless OP looked at the comments to be "mainly" from Brits who they interpreted to be lazy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

razorblunt wrote: »
    Not unless OP looked at the comments to be "mainly" from Brits who they interpreted to be lazy.

My point being i have seen said questions in other forums from Irish people. So basically them type of questions are not just specific to brits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

To be fair, this whole thread is swimming in snobbery. Much of it my own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

razorblunt wrote: »

This exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Jesus Christ comparing the death of bloody dog to her fathers death what is wrong with people??

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Gwen Cooper

Scoundrel wrote: »
    Jesus Christ comparing the death of bloody dog to her fathers death what is wrong with people??

People often see their pets, especially dogs, as their family members, and get equally attached to them - my friend's dog just died, the family got the dog when my friend was 2 years old, dog lasted 19 years and my friend knew and loved his dog his entire life, do you think he wouldn't be heartbroken to lose him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I took it as being her cat :eek: As in 'Dad cat' and 'Mama cat'! Who knows though?

I took it as being her cat :eek: As in 'Dad cat' and 'Mama cat'! Who knows though?

Hopefully so

• Advertisement

People often see their pets, especially dogs, as their family members, and get equally attached to them - my friend's dog just died, the family got the dog when my friend was 2 years old, dog lasted 19 years and my friend knew and loved his dog his entire life, do you think he wouldn't be heartbroken to lose him?

Yes but it's not the same as a human family member dying you can go out a buy a new dog like.

My point being i have seen said questions in other forums from Irish people. So basically them type of questions are not just specific to brits

Stupid people are everywhere.

Pretty scary really.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Yes but it's not the same as a human family member dying you can go out a buy a new dog like.

No to be pedantic but I love my dog more than I do some members of my family. He isn’t replaceable to me, and I know many others who feel the same.

If something happened my dog I’d be more devastated than if something happened one of my aunts, uncles or cousins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Need translation. :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Killinator

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Need translation. :D:D

Love my new black Peugeot 206

SusieBlue wrote: »
    If something happened my dog I’d be more devastated than if something happened one of my aunts, uncles or cousins.

Aunts, uncles and cousins are those people you are forced to know and like, who you'd normally rather not know and not like.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Also not specific to visiting NYC.
    Just take a browse some of the threads here on boards and the laziness drips of your screen.

I think OP meant that that group has mostly Brits as members.
    Just like there are groups that have mostly Irish, French or whatever members.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

This is from a dealer's Facebook page, he illegally sells prescription drugs, benzos and zimmers etc. I just love his indignation, just an honest decent criminal trying to make a living off people's addictions ... :D

"I WANT TO THANK ALL MY REGULAR BUYERS FOR BELIEVING AND TRUSTING ME FOR THEY KNOW WHAT I CAN DO AND WHAT I CAN'T DO, THERE HAS BEEN A FAKE ACCOUNT GOING AROUND TEXTING MY CONTACTS THAT I RIP HER OFF, MEANWHILE IS A SUPPLIER LIKE ME WHO HAS TAKEN TIME SOILING MY NAME, THAT ALL HIS BUYERS ARE NOW BUYING OFF ME, SO THEY CREATED A PAGE SAME AS MINE DID A CHAT WITH THE PAGE SAYING I RIP THEM OFF, SO THAT MY BUYERS WILL LOOSE TRUST IN ME, THE PROBLEM IS WHY WILL I SPOIL MY BUSINESS NAME FOR 100 EURO, I HAVE DELT WITH SO MANY BUYERS ON THIS PAGE IF I HAVE EVER RIP ANYONE LET THE PERSON SAY IT HERE, AM A VERY STRAIGHT PERSON IN BUSINESS, I DO MY business with the fear god , SO ANYBODY WHO IS TRYING TO LIE AGAINST ME, have god to contest with not me, ONCE AGAIN I REPEAT IF ANYONE IS HERE WHO CLIAMS I HAVE RIP HIM OR HER LET THE PERSON SAY IT HERE MY BUYERS ARE MY PRIORITY SO I TREAT THEM WITH HIGH RESPECT, THERE IS NO PEACE FOR THE WICKED. THIS IS A NEW WEEK LET god guides us through ,and let our expectations comes to pass"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭De Bhál

I DO MY business with the fear god ,

Interesting. I'd like to know more about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I enjoy how he goes lower case when mentioning God. Like he stops shouting just for that bit in case God hears him.

• Advertisement

RANT ... what is the going on lately with girls now on a night out banging up these ****in Oscar acceptance speeches ... I’d like to thank me ma for minding me 5 babies without her tonite wouldn’t be possible .. huge thanks to Yolanda for me nails without her I wouldn’t have a shovel for my Hoover ... can’t thank jasmine enough for painting my face with a deck brush and last but not least loosefanny boutiques for my dress..it be on some random blokes box room floor later ... NOW just imagine blokes doing the same thing ..I’d like to thank me ma for not taking me 50 rent money this week otherwise I’d be bolloxed to go out..big shout out to Derek the barber for the 10euro fade ..fresh brother.. massive thanks to me mate wacker for lending me his leather jacket and last but not least me da for letting me use his Mack 3 razor instead of me mas bic that thing has seen more bush than a gardener... and a sneaky squirt of his joop .... would ye please **** off .. nobody gives a ****

That's amazing. I'd multi-thank if I could. Is the author male or female, F?

That's amazing. I'd multi-thank if I could. Is the author male or female, F?

Male

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Foweva Awone, that's the best one I've seen on this thread :D In fairness he makes a good point.

A Facebook friend often posts sh1te such as this:

"house cleaned from top to bottom few cheeky beers n pizza on the way im a celeb wat more could u want lol"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

RANT ... what is the going on lately with girls now on a night out banging up these ****in Oscar acceptance speeches ... I’d like to thank me ma for minding me 5 babies without her tonite wouldn’t be possible .. huge thanks to Yolanda for me nails without her I wouldn’t have a shovel for my Hoover ... can’t thank jasmine enough for painting my face with a deck brush and last but not least loosefanny boutiques for my dress..it be on some random blokes box room floor later ... NOW just imagine blokes doing the same thing ..I’d like to thank me ma for not taking me 50 rent money this week otherwise I’d be bolloxed to go out..big shout out to Derek the barber for the 10euro fade ..fresh brother.. massive thanks to me mate wacker for lending me his leather jacket and last but not least me da for letting me use his Mack 3 razor instead of me mas bic that thing has seen more bush than a gardener... and a sneaky squirt of his joop .... would ye please **** off .. nobody gives a ****

:D:D:D

I know they're American but still!!

Dogs barking crazy police on the side of my house guns drawn wtf. You breaking into people **** really. Yep time for me to go. Now hopefully I can get back to sleep, it's to early for this ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

"2 say I'm overwhelming surprised and gratful first and 4most to the secret doner that has me and the girls not once but twice and the 2 win 200e from xxxxxxxx Majorettes lotto-tanks to all mesn it from the bottom of my heart - GOD IS GOOD !!"

"Due to some serious time wasters I’ve to advertise these 3 pups again. 8 weeks old today micro chipped vacations and vet health checked"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

"Due to some serious time wasters I’ve to advertise these 3 pups again. 8 weeks old today micro chipped vacations and vet health checked"

^^^^^^^^^^

Given the standard of some of the posts here, that isn't actually that bad. A bit of punctuation and it would be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭De Bhál

BattleCorp wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^

Given the standard of some of the posts here, that isn't actually that bad. A bit of punctuation and it would be ok.

and spelling vaccination correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

De Bhál wrote: »

Ha ha. Read it too quickly and didn't cop that. :o:o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

BattleCorp wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^

De Bhál wrote: »

i would've thought the issue was the selling of 8 week old pups and them having to be advertised again... what age were they when first advertised?

Pretty much all of the above. The ad itself is pretty trashy altogether. another choice quote:
    2 female one male lovely brindle pups, compact strong bone cracking heads lovely neat ears family reared parents can be seen

The thoughts of these knuckle heads charging/paying each other €400 for a pup with a cracking head would make you despair. I'm not normally one to trawl Gumtree but I rescued a pup* recently who's a staffie cross and this popped up in my "discover" section on Google.

*obligatory puppy pic attached

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Pretty much all of the above. The ad itself is pretty trashy altogether. another choice quote:
    2 female one male lovely brindle pups, compact strong bone cracking heads lovely neat ears family reared parents can be seen

The thoughts of these knuckle heads charging/paying each other €400 for a pup with a cracking head would make you despair. I'm not normally one to trawl Gumtree but I rescued a pup* recently who's a staffie cross and this popped up in my "discover" section on Google.

*obligatory puppy pic attached

By "really neat ears" do they mean the ears have been docked?

Cute pup btw.

Buying and selling of dogs should not be allowed on any form of social media but I digress. Not exactly the topic of this thread!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Buyin and selling of dogs should not be allowed on any form of social media but I digress. Not exactly the topic of this thread!

it shouldn't be allowed at all except by licenced breeders.

Agreed but you will never stop that in Ireland. Not without proper enforcement. Taking it off social media & buying/selling sites would make it more difficult at least.

By "really neat ears" do they mean the ears have been docked?

Cute pup btw.

Thanks, and no, it doesn't look like it's been done from the pics. Unless they've been done since the pics were taken.

I agree about the selling of pups etc. but not for this thread. Back to the dumb status stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Thanks, and no, it doesn't look like it's been done from the pics. Unless they've been done since the pics were taken.

I agree about the selling of pups etc. but not for this thread. Back to the dumb status stuff.

Yes please. More light-hearted stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Gwen Cooper

Not sure where exactly a post about a broken charger took that turn where she has to start explaining that she's not a pedophile, but it makes for an interesting read:
    Me and my phone chargers don't work out they break up with me they decided it's over not going to work out I'm not trying to charge your phone for you anymore I'm finished out the door out the gap get another one a new one I'm dumping you good on ya charger that's all your good for good on ya fair play to ya you piece of junk see chargers are like men they come they go till you get a right charger that actually does the job sticks around for a good while lasts for a good while I've went through more chargers than the amount of times I've slept with fellas single life is way better because most men interested in other girls or have feelings for their ex's still even tho one of the ex's or both of them have moved on a dildo does a better job than a fella yano so call me every name under the sun I will laugh my bleedin heart out when ye don't have anything nice to say then don't say nothing at all that way no one be bullying anyone on and off Facebook think before you say and do something #moto don't know what drugs or both people are on accusing people in the wrong you got to have facts straight before saying or doing anything I'm no Saint but the drugs I used take I was young and dumb and experimenting always under higher level class as for me sleeping with every guy going getting on top of every guy going number one I am not a pedo I never since I turned 18 any guy I slept with or anything was 18 and above number 2 I'm friends with girls and guys so am I bi so do I swing both ways so cause I am in my bollox off with every guy going alone in this town never mind anywhere else every guy in this town alone is with someone so ya sure I am doing what ye all say I'm doing I hear things back just like ye I give out and be angry and rant and go down yer throats just like ye do to me hold up back it up I'm no push over ye don't let me walk all over ye so why should I leave anyone of ye anyone in this world walk over me maybe it's time I start bating people up for wrongly accusing me and talking behind my back so what I post about myself and my life I'm entitled to do what I want at least I'm not a druggie or junkie or a murder or a rapist a cheater and a liar I tell it straight how it is if ye hurt me or anyone close to me sorry doesn't cut it for me forgiveness is not on the cards not an option not unless you use a wild card which is actually leaving your actions speak louder than words I'm fed up with forgiving people cause when they do wrong to me they expect me to forgive them I don't look or ask for forgiveness it's totally up to the person or people I wronged if I do not like you or ye it's nothing personal it's just I don't trust many people with their bad attitude at least I changed and so did my bad attitude others won't change too darn stuck up with themselves hello a celebrity isn't even perfect I may not be stunning but I do have a heart of gold and sliver I wears my heart on my sleeve but when someone hurts me that's it I don't like them end of story not going to change my mind even sorry is not going to change my mind if I wanted to text every single guy even ones with someone on my page right now or ask random guys on dating sites or on the streets or in pubs you want you scone or bread or do muffin buttered in other words do you want to have sex with me they will burst laughing saying no offense your too darn ugly and tell me where to go nothing wrong with spreading yourself around getting boys is how I live so Britney Spears Celebrity Sensation Pop Icon Singer said in her song it's my progative nothing wrong with having fun but there are worse things I could be saying and doing as people said to me there is worse people than you out there I've seen people worse than you putting stuff up on this about themselves or others from other places there is worse people that have made worser mistakes than you ever have thing is I'm grown up and taught people more older than me would actually not bother entertaining younger than them funny thing is I can't help laughing in my own time at people who make little of themselves do ye want to know another reason I was put into care the judge declared mistreatment violence both physically and Verbally so that was one of the reasons I was in care I am not bullying anyone that has kids but you got to not let your anger go as much as physical or proper verbal abuse not naming calling but any threat to hurt or harm anyone no matter what wrong or rights they done you may not do I to your kids but do it to others your kids do be taken from you in some situations it happened me that was the point I was trying to make but y'all jumped down my throat it's up to the judge and jury at the end of the day because the judge and jury might fear that you could turn on your kids or other kids or your partner or his kids with someone else and it doe happen it happened in my own real birth Family you do have to think of your actions before saying and doing anything if I have kids or had my dead child because of all the lists of wrong things I done doesn't matter if I take a child care course and classes in the hospital all that matters is the list of things I've done wrong in my past it be then up to the probably family court whether or not I am still deemed fit even after changing myself and my life around to be left have my kid or kids in my care everything you say or do does have consequences you might not pay for your mistake today or tomorrow or in a year but your past sure has a way of catching up to you so does the truth and the lies I have nothing against kids but when your take your anger over the line and start either accusing or threating that is where your problem starts my birth Family was torn up and apart from it want to know the last time I seen one of my birth sister about 2013 it's now nearly 2020 same with my other birth sister I only bumped into her by chance this year here so forget about drugs and drink and rape exclude them verbal and domestic physical and spoken violence to either with the intention of physical harming someone could get your kids taken from you because you might not be deemed fit we all get angry but we all can't go around boxing and punching and kicking the **** out of people I'd love to mangle some people and give them a hiding for bullying me or accusing me and doing and Saying Wrong to me but I know there be conquences I'll have to pay what happens if I beat someone up that is over 18 and I put them in a life threating situation where they are holding on for dear life suffering badly from the injuries what happens if I have them in a coma they may never wake up from what happens if I kill them murder them what happens if I push them down steeps or in front of a car causing their death there is going to be conquences and I can kiss my life and kids goodbye either the kids be with my partner or family or could end up in care I think a lot of people need management more than me and a therapist cause I wouldn't take it to the point now with anyone over 18 beating the up I learnt from my past mistakes violence isn't the answer everything has consequences even if that is someone taking their own life of how they are being treated so all I ask is in 2020 we don't bring up people's pasts we don't accuse we don't threaten with violence of really wanting to harm someone or an animal we don't keep up the name calling when you have sex even once your then a tramp from that moment on so I'm not offended a guy love me for who I am mistakes past flaws and all in time I don't chase and I don't be hopping in and out of relationships what's the point of getting into a relationship if it is only going end before a year is up or what's the point of keeping the charade up for years when it's going to end I can say a lot of people have lead guys and girls on but I wouldn't do it as I wouldn't cheat I'm loyal and that's why people are jealous of me as envy me cause I'm adored and lived by all even in time my frenemies will forgive me those I wronged will forgive me I'm not perfect are ye there is worse girls and guys doing worser than me doing things under the age of 18 even adults girls and guys that do worse than me there is guys and girls that are escorts and do a lot worse I like to experiment a bit and experience things as that is what life is about not turning 18 or before 18 and hey I'm engaged I'm married have family that is for some people not for me I'm not a one that gets in and out of relationships faster than the speed of light going through 10 guys in one whole year unlike a lot of people so really no one can talk about me just like ye say I can't talk about ye

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement