Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

RasTa wrote: »
    If you're playing car game without a steering wheel, they you are doing it wrong imo. Same with fighting games without a fightstick.

Even if I'm enjoying it?

RasTa wrote: »
    If you're playing car game without a steering wheel, they you are doing it wrong imo. Same with fighting games without a fightstick.

Space is a constraint for a lot of people. I'd love to have setup at home but in a small apartment for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

It's a shame you can't visit Summer Bay in FH3. Would have been nice to visit to see how Alf Stewart is doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

Ordered this from Amazon UK just now. About 20 quid physical. Might as well get it while it's around and before Brexit closes the Amazon prime gates. Time to escape to Australia :)

Another interesting thing about the Forza Horizon games, on the first two, you drive on the right and on the latter two, you drive on the left.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Another interesting thing about the Forza Horizon games, on the first two, you drive on the right and on the latter two, you drive on the left.

This isn’t accurate: in every Forza Horizon game you actually just drive through every hedge and fence you see to rack up those sweet, sweet combo points :p

This isn’t accurate: in every Forza Horizon game you actually just drive through every hedge and fence you see to rack up those sweet, sweet combo points :p
    That's why you are always ultimate, Johnny.

Forza 7 really helped my driving in GTA5. Same accelerate , decelerate and steering. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I better see if I can pick up Forza Horizon 3 as it actually is delisted. (I just checked now) I would probably be best to pick up a physical copy some where. It's not even that old of a game so I do not know why they would delist it.

Well just bought Forza Horizon 3 so i will get to play it. Bit of a shock you cannot buy it direct from MS.

• Advertisement

Well just bought Forza Horizon 3 so i will get to play it. Bit of a shock you cannot buy it direct from MS.

Where did you get it. I've ordered from Amazon UK for about 20 quid with prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,519 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Can ye please be a bit more considerate to people like me who don't get to play Forza Horizon and stuck with ****ty gran turismo.

When i do eventually get an xbox series s, FH gonna be the first game i play on my gamepass.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Can ye please be a bit more considerate to people like me who don't get to play Forza Horizon and stuck with ****ty gran turismo.

When i do eventually get an xbox series s, FH gonna be the first game i play on my gamepass.

You'll want to get an X for 4K 60 FPS. Anyway, isn't there some GT game coming out on PS5 soon ?

Hey_Listen wrote: »
    You'll want to get an X for 4K 60 FPS. Anyway, isn't there some GT game coming out on PS5 soon ?

No interest in full next gen xbox, my ps5 covers that but i would pick up a series s when it drops in price to catch up on xbox exclusives i missed over the years. No interest in any more GT's. They look great but so boring to play.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    No interest in full next gen xbox, my ps5 covers that but i would pick up a series s when it drops in price to catch up on xbox exclusives i missed over the years. No interest in any more GT's. They look great but so boring to play.

Ok. I always was fascinated by racing games, but haven't played any in years. Forza Motorsport 7 is glorious and I've just started into it. Think I've got there at a perfect time with short loading times and super smooth gorgeous graphics, sound and gameplay. No bull**** on the X either. Just switch on and play.

Hey_Listen wrote: »
    Where did you get it. I've ordered from Amazon UK for about 20 quid with prime.

One of those key shops for €10.95 standard edition though.

Zero, did you ever play Drive Club?

Zero, did you ever play Drive Club?

Yupp that was actually really good. Another game with a rough start but got a lot of support to make it great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Greyfox

For those who know there Forza if im getting a series x is it worth getting FH3 on disk knowing FH4 is also free with gamepass?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

They’re fairly similar games, so you can’t go wrong with either. Personally I find the Australia setting a little more interesting than the UK one of FH4, but the seasons do a good job mixing up the visuals of the latter.

Honestly you can’t go wrong with either. Certainly wouldn’t hurt to pick up a disc version of 3 as the games seem to be all but disappeared digitally just a few years after release.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd actually buy Forza Horizon 4 digitally if you can. Once it's delisted it will be off games pass as well. If you get it digital you'll own the XBox and windows version.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Gamepass accessibility aside, the one advantage of Horizon 4 appears to be you can get the Ultimate edition before it's delisted and know you'll get everything. FH3 was considerably less straight-forward, needing a couple of smaller purchases outside of the UE in order to get the full roster of content/cars.

Was at a loss as to what to play so looked at the shelf and figured hey what about another Dark Souls 3 playthrough. Put around 200 hours in when it came out but haven't really been back to it.

Tonight I gave up after 10 minutes my eyes were hurting so badly. I expected it to benefit from the series X in someway but it doesn't, not at all. The framerate is horrific and it's got aliasing all over the place.

First time out I'd have certainly played on a 1080p monitor as opposed to a 4k one I have now so might not have noticed things as much. Did some digging and it seems this runs very well on a PS5 and hits a solid 60fps. I can only assume this is down to the ps4 pro upgrade it got that the Xbox didn't. Not much chance it gets a patch at this stage :(

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Started playing Forza Horizon 3 on PC. Decided to get it and all the DLC as I've missed out on Horizon 1 and 2 which have been delisted.

Forza Horizon really is just on another level compared to all other arcade racers out there at the moment. It's an absolute joy to play.

Take the three wheeled Reliant van out for a spin, just be careful going around the corners :D

This is one I customised in the game.

There is a new location in Forza Horizon 4 called _:NIGHTCITY.EXE:_ in Edenborough ;)

Guess what you get for winning that race??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

EA is actually the lesser of 2 evils here! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

marcbrophy wrote: »
    EA is actually the lesser of 2 evils here! :D

Either way the next F1 game is gonna be ruined. This year's game was fantastic.

Take the three wheeled Reliant van out for a spin, just be careful going around the corners :D

This is one I customised in the game.

I did not realise that was a thing. That's my next purshcase!

• Advertisement

Anyone else playing Haven?? The combat is ****e, the areas are all the same pretty much, the gameplay loop is repetitive, the crafting is rudimentary but the writing, dialogue, relationship between the two characters and the story are all great. Some genuine laugh out loud and touching moments anyone who has ever been in a relationship could get and I'm not talking stereotypical stuff here it's great stuff at times and realistic too :D. Best voice acting I've experienced in a while too. As a game this isn't great but everything else has me still playing it and wanting to see it through to the end.

Advertisement