Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Makes a great drinks mat
    That reply doesn't surprise me Jim :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,288 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Halo Infinite wont be out until "Fall 2021"

Thats almost a year past where it was meant to be released.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Vicxas wrote: »

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad," - william shakespeare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad," - william shakespeare.

Crackdown 3? Duke Nukem Forever?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Crackdown 3? Duke Nukem Forever?

they needed more time :pac:.

and funnily enough, Crackdown 3 was likely pushed out as it was bleeding money from a development POV, and didn't someone else take over Duke Nukem and push it out relatively quickly.

pushed out like the turds they were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭Varik

All the revision in the world will not save a bad first draft

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Varik wrote: »
    All the revision in the world will not save a bad first draft

Just like my Leaving Cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Doge

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    In another update in awesome games that the mainstream press are ignoring:

I know, I know, I won't shut up about how great Ace Combat 7 is. I'll stop.

Project Wingman however is an Ace Combat game made by Ace Combat fans that is borderline plagiarism. Which is a good thing because AC is awesome and they absolutely nailed it.

So for a good bit less than half the price of AC7 what do you get? A full campaign that is pretty great so far. Great graphics that aren't quite as good as AC7 but pretty damn close. A great soundtrack. Cheeseball story.

But you also get a full Rogue like mode. And on top of that the entire thing can be played in stomach churning VR. The VR mode is so good in this game that I'd recommend this to anyone with a VR headset.

It's a bargain considering what you are getting.

Did you finally get yourself a VR headset then?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,932 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Doge wrote: »
    Did you finally get yourself a VR headset then?

Yep, got a mates rate Oculus Rift when they upgraded to a Quest 2. Having a lot of fun with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Doge

Yep, got a mates rate Oculus Rift when they upgraded to a Quest 2. Having a lot of fun with it.

Congrats! I recommend trying Virtual Virtual Reality some time.

Its pretty mad, id say youd enjoy it.

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »

I was hoping they'd spend longer on it, like "holiday" 2021. I wouldn't have much confidence in them salvaging it in such a short space of time.

Edit: Oh sorry, I read Feb 2021 :-D Yeah fall sounds about right, technically that gives them up until the end of December.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

If I buy a code off the likes of Eneba or Instant gaming, do I have to use the code within a certain amount of time i.e. like within a couple of days. I want to buy a couple of Nintendo Family memberships for some nieces and nephews for Christmas and I just wanted to check that if I both them now, they'd still be valid on Christmas day.

If I could only play one Mass Effect game, which one should I play?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Jordan 199 wrote: »

Number 2: has the best mix of gameplay & character; 1 is quite janky in places (the vehicle sections in particular), while 3 kinda screwed the pooch a little. 2's the sweet spot IMO.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,198 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

2 - by far the best in the series, and fairly self-contained in some key respects.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I played 1 and 2 recently for the first time they are alright games nothing ground breaking anyway. There are better games I played on the 360 from that era.

If you have a Xbox all 3 are on game pass. I will play 3 eventually as I have other games to get through first.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Cordell

Andromeda.
    /runs for cover

2 is the best, 3 is alright except that ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

1 and 2 are brilliant but 2 is a definite upgrade on 1.

I would advise playing both in order if you can commit the time. I loved the story and characters in both.

then just sit tight for the new release coming.

Hopefully that blows our minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

"Returnal" on PS5 (out in March21)

Looks like R-Type in 3rd person instead of a ship, and a load of great graphics thrown in.
    I am very sceptical on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

Parsnips wrote: »
    "Returnal" on PS5 (out in March21)

Looks like R-Type in 3rd person instead of a ship, and a load of great graphics thrown in.
    I am very sceptical on this one.

The developer Housemarque are very good, they've made some great games before like Super Stardust, Resogun, Alienation (my favourite), Nex Machina. I'm glad they're able to try something with a bigger budget.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,932 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The developer Housemarque are very good, they've made some great games before like Super Stardust, Resogun, Alienation (my favourite), Nex Machina. I'm glad they're able to try something with a bigger budget.

Did not realise it was housemarque. Loved those guys since I played the Reap on PC. Even had a fondness for super stardust on the Amiga.

Started playing Forza Horizon 3 on PC. Decided to get it and all the DLC as I've missed out on Horizon 1 and 2 which have been delisted.

Forza Horizon really is just on another level compared to all other arcade racers out there at the moment. It's an absolute joy to play.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,198 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

They’ve already delisted 3 as well. Microsoft ruthless when cutting off games after just three or four years.

I played all four of the Forza Horizon games and I love them all. Hopefully Forza Horizon 5 will be released this year with somewhere in Asia as its location.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I played all four of the Forza Horizon games and I love them all. Hopefully Forza Horizon 5 will be released this year with somewhere in Asia as its location.

I only played the first two and loved them so really should play the 3rd or even 4th as it's on gamepass.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Started playing Forza Horizon 3 on PC. Decided to get it and all the DLC as I've missed out on Horizon 1 and 2 which have been delisted.

Forza Horizon really is just on another level compared to all other arcade racers out there at the moment. It's an absolute joy to play.
    Ugh, totally forgot about the delisting. Manged to get the base game, Expansion and Car pass just now for a reasonable price at least. Looks like the window to get it through any kind of legit means is closing fast though. :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I have to admit that I'm somewhat perplexed as to why they delist them. Is it down to the ongoing cost of music licensing?

CatInABox wrote: »
    I have to admit that I'm somewhat perplexed as to why they delist them. Is it down to the ongoing cost of music licensing?

Music and car licenses. And the DLC is usually a tie in. It was fast and furious for 2 but there's also hot wheels and lego DLC.

Glad I got forza 3 when I did a few weeks ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

If you're playing car game without a steering wheel, they you are doing it wrong imo. Same with fighting games without a fightstick.

• Advertisement
Advertisement