Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Seems like it's only yesterday again that I was posting this last week, however another week done. Have a great weekend guys and hopefully the rain holds off now that the garden has got a good soaking :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

leahyl wrote: »
    I actually don't mind a bit of rain every now and again :o But then I've always been an autumn/winter girl :pac:

I don't mind a bit of rain either... now it's wind and rain together I hate! :pac:

In what seems like my near daily post these days, signing off for another week! Going to finish a bit early and watch a movie with the kids on the sofa with the day that's in it.

Have a good one guys, chat Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Dont forget, its Fathers day on Sunday, so a happy fathers day to all the daddy's on here!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm cheerful, because not only is it Friday (yaay) but things are going well enough to being things forward and 'accelerate' the roadmap. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I'm cheerful tonight because our cleaner is back working and is coming tomorrow! Not only is she a lovely lady, but having her every two weeks stops me from feeling like the house is falling down around us - I'm so looking forward to sitting down tomorrow house in a relatively tidy house (no doubt the kids will do their best to destroy it before bedtime :P)

FRIDAY! :D

Glad that week of work is done, 3 late nights and still a mountain to face into next week, but that's for Monday, its Friday evening, I'm off for 2 days and we're half way to Christmas!!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Very quiet in here today, think everyone was busy by the sound of it!

Another week done, seems like you blink and the week is gone :eek:

Have a good one guys, looks the weather is going to be a bit mixed so will have to time the outdoor activities.

Will be Monday before we know it :D

Very cheerful today because I'm getting my hair done on Monday :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Very cheerful today because I'm getting my hair done on Monday :D

I want to go to barbers but I don’t want to end up in the local paper so I might give it a few days!

Why would you end up in the local paper if you went to the barbers?

Posy wrote: »
    Why would you end up in the local paper if you went to the barbers?

The local paper will probably go around to the hair dressers and barbers on Monday taking pictures of people before they go in and when they come out. It’s a small town not much happens.

I sincerely hope this is not the case lol as my appointment is at 8.30 and I'll most likely be the first person thru the door! I'll be like "back up buddy" :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Cheerful at the moment ah I’ve been on leave for a few days although I’m facing into the busy time of year for me in work starting next week.

Well I’m at the barbers and I just noticed they’ve Christmas lights on around the window!

Well I’m at the barbers and I just noticed they’ve Christmas lights on around the window!

Hope you weren't queuing for too long!

My wife has taken over the barber duties in our house. Both son's and my style are pretty similar and nothing too taxing so if she happy to continue will save a few bob (can redirect it towards the Christmas fund:))

Booked in for a haircut with the young lad at 8.00am Saturday morning, cant wait! The Arthur Shelby look will be banished!!

Back coaching the kids hurling tonight, feels great to be getting back into it.

In less than 2 hours it will be July! :D

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    In less than 2 hours it will be July! :D

We were meant to be flying to Lanzarote tomorrow, so it's bittersweet for me.

Reminds me, time to contact our travel insurance provider.

Yeah, I'm trying not to focus on the holiday I was supposed to be taking. :pac:

We had no holidays booked or planned so was lucky on that front. Just got a big house on Air BnB in Donegal for the end of the month so going with folks, siblings and families. Can't wait, something to look forward to. Be August when we get back :)

I know someone (DvB?) mentioned a couple of weeks ago that July is last month with nothing Christmas related (BT Christmas shop opens in August) :D

Started my Christmas shop proper this week - couple of stuff for the kiddos! Delighted with life!

Glad that week is finished! Looking forward to a couple of days off and nothing major planned so hopefully weather picks up a bit and can get outside.

If the weeks get any quicker I'll have to start typing this message on a Monday :eek:

Have a good one guys and catch up next week.

I booked my eye test Today. My distance vision is brutal to be honest. I barely scraped the driving test vision a few years ago.
    I'm looking forward to being able to see lights and decorations this year from a distance.
    I've no idea what glasses to get tough to fit my unusual head.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Now it may just be me but I was flicking through the channels a few minutes ago and channel 325 on Sky (Movies 24) is showing Christmas films at the moment. :D

Heroditas wrote: »
    Now it may just be me but I was flicking through the channels a few minutes ago and channel 325 on Sky (Movies 24) is showing Christmas films at the moment. :D

Discussing that very thing on the Christmas movies thread.

Heroditas wrote: »

They are showing Christmas movies for the month of July.

• Advertisement

Finishing up on a half day and heading to my sister's place in Wicklow. Last minute decision, just the 5 of us. Been a tough week so need a change of scenery for a couple of days and some relaxing family time.

Have a good one guys and lets hope the weather stay nice :)

Advertisement