Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toulon vs Munster buildup/ticket discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I am really tempted on heading up there.

what's the best way of getting a ticket now? Am located in Rome so post at this stage is out of the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

Anyone know how many Munster fans will be at it realistically speaking?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,714 ✭✭✭✭phog

what's the best way of getting a ticket now? Am located in Rome so post at this stage is out of the question.

Try MFs there are a few on offer there and a meet up might be possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Via the Toulon website:
    http://www.digitick.com/rc-toulon-munster-rugby-sport-stade-velodrome-marseille-27-avril-2014-css4-rct-pg101-ri2391324.html

Ticket is electronic, job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I'd say one of the Munster fans will bring tickets with them. Always easier to offload spares at a game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

BTW, capacity for this weekend's game is 40,600, compared to 15,000 at their home ground and 34,000 in Nice, but one side being closed off is bound to have an effect on the atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

BTW, capacity for this weekend's game is 40,600, compared to 15,000 at their home ground and 34,000 in Nice, but one side being closed off is bound to have an effect on the atmosphere.

"It's all very quiet over there..."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

"It's all very quiet over there..."

wonder will they have those fences/banners with the fake crowd??

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Riskymove wrote: »
    wonder will they have those fences/banners with the fake crowd??

They are putting a big John Hayes Ligind banner to cover the whole construction site. All thanks to .ak being a main customer of mine and funding my sponsorship! :D

To be serious, it's going to be a bit strange alright. No atmosphere/sound coming from one end of the ground.

They are putting a big John Hayes Ligind banner to cover the whole construction site. All thanks to .ak being a main the only customer of mine and funding my sponsorship! :D

To be serious, it's going to be a bit strange alright. No atmosphere/sound coming from one end of the ground.

FYP

• Advertisement

.ak wrote: »
    FYP

That's commercially sensitive information you're revealing. Careful now.

That's commercially sensitive information you're revealing. Careful now.

Your enterprise is about as commercially viable as a box of wet tissues.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I can hear the guys that invented wet wipes laughing from here :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Feck, can't make the game (had tickets, but flight & accommodation always looked a bit expensive). If anyone needs (up to) 3 match tickets, please PM. Hate to see them wasted.

Great entrepreneurial spirit there .ak :(

Some great analysis from Murray Kinsella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Listening to Gerry Thornley, Keith Wood - and Simon Zebo - on 'Off the Ball' tonight would give one hope that a miracle is possible but while the heart says yes, the head says no. The physical strength and power of Toulon has really come to the fore in the last couple of years and they are playing like a club version of the All Blacks. Still, I'm the eternal optimist, so roll on Jonny Wilkinson's last H Cup game! :D

Jonny+Wilkinson+ASM+Clermont+Auvergne+v+RC+7_tTDcLxHHCl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Madyoke90

Listening to Gerry Thornley, Keith Wood - and Simon Zebo - on 'Off the Ball' tonight would give one hope that a miracle is possible but while the heart says yes, the head says no. The physical strength and power of Toulon has really come to the fore in the last couple of years and they are playing like a club version of the All Blacks. Still, I'm the eternal optimist, so roll on Jonny Wilkinson's last H Cup game! :D

Going to be some clash! Here's hoping for some Munster magic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

phog wrote: »
    Some great analysis from Murray Kinsella.

Painful analysis :(

No planes, but Luas, trains and automobiles as Munster fan who fears flying heads to game
    A fear of flying won't stop one Munster rugby fan from witnessing the team's semi-final clash against Toulon in France this weekend.

Robert Gloster (56), from Co Limerick, will spend some 25 hours and up to €1,000 travelling to Marseille in the south of France by land and sea before the Heineken Cup match on Sunday afternoon.

The superfan will leave his home in Corbally, Co Limerick, this afternoon on a train to Heuston Station in Dublin.

It never ceases to amaze me the extent some fans go to to get to away matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Go for it' Munster! Hopefully you learned from the Leinster match.......we had a ball thougn! So enjoy, and safe travelling. I'll be screaming at the telly for ye. C'MON MUNSTER,

Cara O'Sullivan to sing Stand Up and Fight before kick off.

532519-young-child-covering-ears-from-loud-noise.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Who's meeting up for pints beforehand and where?

phog wrote: »
    It never ceases to amaze me the extent some fans go to to get to away matches.

reminds me of Denis Bergkamp and his travels to play in European games

Who's meeting up for pints beforehand and where?

Official:
    The MRSC recommend the following bars in Marseilles as meeting points for those travelling to the Heineken Cup Semi-Final this weekend.The Shamrock - 16-17 Quai de Rive Neuve,
    13007 Marseille - +33 4 91 33 11 01
    http://www.pub-shamrock.fr/

O'Malley's - 9 Quai de Rive Neuve,
    13001 Marseille - + 33 4 91 33 65 50
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/PUB-OMALLEYS-MARSEILLE-SITE-OFFICIEL/240832067466

O'Mally's Opening Hours:
    Friday 25th: 15:00-3:30
    Saturday 26th: 12am-3:30
    Sunday 27th : 12pm-2am.

Both of these bars above are located in the old port area of Marseilles, near restaurants and shops and are short walking distance from each other.

O'Bradys Irish Bar - 378 Avenue de Mazargues,
    13008 Marseille +33 4 91 71 53 71
    http://www.obradys.com/?lang=en

On Sunday we will be joined by Toulon Supporters Club at O'Bradys where we are invited to travel to the stadium with their supporters in a red double deck coach. O'Brady's is a 15-20 minute walk from the stadium and they will be open on both Saturday and Sunday from 11.00 onwards. Normal weekend opening hours is later on both days.

we are staying in the Old Port area so probably be in one of the first two

Cara O'Sullivan to sing Stand Up and Fight before kick off.

C'MOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

EVERYBODYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cara.JPG

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

For anyone in the North stand (de Peretti) be aware that there's a long walk from the main Ganay stand entrance to the North Stand entrance. Give youself a half hour to get around and in through security. It's a fair walk (nearly an hour) from the Vieux Port and public transport might be scarce on Sunday.

You'll need to walk across to Noailles to get the (red) number 2 line or else take the (blue) 1 line at the Vieux Port and change at Castellane. Noailles is probably the best place in Marseille to get good, cheap food.

Metro line 2, get off at Sainte Marguerite Dromel for the North Stand
    Metro line 2, get off at Rond-Point du Prado for the South Stand

For anyone in the North stand (de Peretti) be aware that there's a long walk from the main Ganay stand entrance to the North Stand entrance.

this is because of roadworks/stadium development which have closed certain streets

see here:

http://www.laprovence.com/media/les-plus/fq-acces-vel.jpg

Metro line 2, get off at Sainte Marguerite Dromel for the North Stand
    Metro line 2, get off at Rond-Point du Prado for the South Stand

I think it's the other way around

Du Prado for North

Dromel for south

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Riskymove wrote: »
    this is because of roadworks/stadium development which have closed certain streets

see here:

http://www.laprovence.com/media/les-plus/fq-acces-vel.jpg

So lets have a HEC semi final on a building site.......I thought this country only had planning like that :confused:

Advertisement