Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Jaycornyn

I'm on the hunt for a screen protector and cover. Seems hard to get one that will fit perfectly with the slight curve at the edge of the screen. Seems like the screen is easy to scratch so I haven't taken off the film that came with the phone yet.

Any recommendations on a screen protector?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Discodog wrote: »

I bought mine on ebay months ago but it looks the exact same as that one.

Fits really easily on the phone and hard to notice now that there is a screen protector on it. Very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭strawdog

Was ordering something else today so took a punt on it as the protector I got with the phone is pretty cracked. Seeing different answers when I researched but the differences between the 4x and note 4 global seem to be on the back and sides, not the front. I'll let you know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,922 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Since posting I found several sites that say to order a Note 4x protector for the Global Note 4. The LED hole seems to be in the right place.

Beware the Lusee protector I linked to shows a 1 month delivery time

It's so annoying when you don't discover this until checkout. Luckily I spotted it before buying

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

I've ordered this one

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/Gold-Redmi-Note-4X-Glass-Film-Hat-Prince-0-26-mm-378942.html

as far as i know, its the same for 4/4x but needs to be the global version

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Larry Bee

Have you tried different diallers ?

No - I thought I was getting the hang of it but today I closed a half a dozen apps after a call. Is there any different diallers that you'd recomend?

Thanks
    John

Larry Bee wrote: »
    Yeah I gotta be careful the way I hold the phone to my ear as I keep putting it into mute, opening up Notes and other stuff.

Sounds like you may have an issue with the proximity sensor? Or have you a screen protector?

http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=839090&mobile=2

No - I thought I was getting the hang of it but today I closed a half a dozen apps after a call. Is there any different diallers that you'd recomend?

Thanks
    John

I am using Dialer M - It's the Marshmallow Dialler.

I also have a screen guard & haven't had the problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Larry Bee

Sounds like you may have an issue with the proximity sensor? Or have you a screen protector?

http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=839090&mobile=2

I tried the test and it passed - I'm waiting on a screen guard to arrive so I'll see what happens when that arrives.
    If I'm still having problems I'll try the Dialler M

thanks Folks
    John

I tried the test and it passed - I'm waiting on a screen guard to arrive so I'll see what happens when that arrives.
    If I'm still having problems I'll try the Dialler M

thanks Folks
    John

Drupe is another dialer that works well on the Note 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Would anyone know will this come back in stock in the European warehouse for the 4gb 64gb gray version... Do they go out of stock for long and is it just a matter of waiting for more to come???

Or am I better off buying Hong Kong with DHL obviously will be caught for customs but still be a cheap phone under 200...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I received my note 4 today from honourbuy, 4gb 64gb. European warehouse (Spain I think) and delivered in 2 days

gman2k wrote: »
    I received my note 4 today from honourbuy, 4gb 64gb. European warehouse (Spain I think) and delivered in 2 days

Could you send a link to it???

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    Could you send a link to it???

Here you go

Delivered for €190.39

• Advertisement

gman2k wrote: »
    Here you go

Delivered for €190.39

Coming up at 183 delivered nice one thanks....

Edit: 190 delivered had wrong destination...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

I might give this one a go because the one I've bought from ebay [here] is sh1te - too small and very thick.

j@utis wrote: »
    I might give this one a go because the one I've bought from ebay [here] is sh1te - too small and very thick.

I will post when I get mine. The protectors with a coloured border seem much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Anyone having issues with WhatsApp? Widely reported to just to Xiaomi phones and it's messed up on my note 4

http://www.firstpost.com/tech/news-analysis/whatsapp-becomes-obsolete-for-many-users-in-india-facebook-pins-blame-on-third-party-app-distribution-mechanism-4300861.html

Edited to add: seems easy to fix. Rather than go through Google Play download the apk directly from the WhatsApp website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Got mine today.
    Nice phone but it's a slippery little fella.

And I do not like the whole homescreen (not being able to remove icons etc).

So 2 questions:
    Case with decent grip.
    And alternative software to the home screen (am I looking for a launcher).

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭wiz569

Got mine today.

So 2 questions:
    Case with decent grip.

Thanks

Yes stick an alternative launcher on it like Google Now,Nova or Apex,

Not sure about cases though.

Got mine today.

So 2 questions:
    Case with decent grip.

Thanks

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MOONCASE-Note-Anti-Scratch-Xiaomi-Redmi-Black/dp/B01MCRV4EN/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1511082587&sr=8-4&keywords=redmi+note+4+case

I use ADW Launcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

So 2 questions: Case with decent grip. And alternative software to the home screen (am I looking for a launcher).

Change it in themes

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭lenny palmer

Anyone have any issues with the Bluetooth. I've a Garmin watch and it constantly connect's and disconnect's . Im not sure what's going on with it. Also is there any way to add folders to the home screen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭wiz569

Anyone have any issues with the Bluetooth. I've a Garmin watch and it constantly connect's and disconnect's . Im not sure what's going on with it. Also is there any way to add folders to the home screen?

iirc press and hold one app and drag it over another then let go,you should now have a folder with both apps inside.

No bluetooth problems. I am connected to a MiBand 2 & a bluetooth headset

no issues here either, connecting to car, a fitness band, and to a bluetooth speaker when at home, never drops. Maybe the garmin needs an update?

for anyone that hates the stock MIUI notification panel...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.treydev.mns&hl=en

does not require root.

does not require root.

I don't mind the standard panel but this is nice . Thanks

I just received this & it's good. You need to specify 4x & it will fit the Global 4 - the led is in the right place.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/382231573736

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,190 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

does not require root.

What's wrong with the MIUI notification panel? Seems the same as most Android panels?

What's wrong with the MIUI notification panel? Seems the same as most Android panels?

Maybe if you are on Oreo, but I find it a big improvement on the MIUI9 panel

MNS gives a lot of customization options and its a lot easier to read, at least to my ageing eyes!,:) plus you can schedule/modify individual notifications by swipe left/right, get fast access to timer, read entire messages & reply without going to the app, etc. I believe that's all available on Oreo but no idea if the note 4 will ever get an official update. I' have come across some bugs but still much prefer it to the stock.

Maybe if you are on Oreo, but I find it a big improvement on the MIUI9 panel

MNS gives a lot of customization options and its a lot easier to read, at least to my ageing eyes!,:) plus you can schedule/modify individual notifications by swipe left/right, get fast access to timer, read entire messages & reply without going to the app, etc. I believe that's all available on Oreo but no idea if the note 4 will ever get an official update. I' have come across some bugs but still much prefer it to the stock.

I have been using this for years :D

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.a0soft.gphone.bfont&hl=en-GB

Anyone have any experience with a Note 4 in America. Planning on going soon and wondering will it support the right bands etc

Posted this in the Chinese android thread also

Purchased redmi note 4 global version 4gb 64gb off geekbuying Friday europe warehouse delivered today... Just wondering about the ce mark on the box... It just basically says CE whereas any reviews videos has a number after the ce (e.g ce1315)... Should this be of concern???

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Taquilasunrise

Hi all Redmi lovers !! Can anyone confirm if Redmi Note 4 Global Version works on Tesco ireland network ?

Thanks in advance ...

I have a spare case for sale over on adverts, got two by mistake from Amazon
    https://www.adverts.ie/cases-covers/xiaomi-redmi-note-4-case/14657526

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,190 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Hi all Redmi lovers !! Can anyone confirm if Redmi Note 4 Global Version works on Tesco ireland network ?

Thanks in advance ...

It does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭fixXxer

If Tesco still doesn't have 4G then any version of it will work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OkeyDoke12

OkeyDoke12 wrote: »
    Phone case doesn't deliver to Ireland unfortunately.

Just use addresspal. I have one one issue with this case. It lifts the edge of the screen protector. This seems to be a common problem with cases.

I am going to try this case & see if it's better.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B072C52MM9/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3N3TV6EFL80VQ&psc=1

The trend is towards curved screens & minimal bezels which causes problems for protectors & cases.

Discodog wrote:
    The trend is towards curved screens & minimal bezels which causes problems for protectors & cases.

Will have to get an iPhone so lolz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Anyone having issues with wifi connection since upgrading to MiUi 9? My phone says its always connected to the wifi, but every so often everything stops, I can't connect to the Internet at all. Normally means I have to reboot the device to get back online. I did a factory reset last week and its still happening. Getting pretty fed up with it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭Scotty #

I have one one issue with this case. It lifts the edge of the screen protector....
    I had this problem too so just took off the screen protector. 3 months on and there's not a mark on the screen even with keys, coins, etc, rolling around in the same pocket.

• Advertisement

Scotty # wrote: »
    I had this problem too so just took off the screen protector. 3 months on and there's not a mark on the screen even with keys, coins, etc, rolling around in the same pocket.

You're lucky then. I had the phone less than a week and just the one time I put it in my pocket with keys it ended up with a large, deep scratch down the middle of the screen.

But hell, it's a €150 phone, so not too bothered!!!

Scotty # wrote:

Ya mines fine too with no cover or screen protector

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Is there any way to get the Note 4 to answer a call straight to speakerphone with a single press?

What I'm looking for is an option for in car mode whereby I can press the answer button and it will go straight to speaker phone - instead of having to swipe upwards and then press the speaker button.

EDIT: I think that I'm looking for the DriveMode app. Does anyone on here use it?

Is there any way to get the Note 4 to answer a call straight to speakerphone with a single press?

What I'm looking for is an option for in car mode whereby I can press the answer button and it will go straight to speaker phone - instead of having to swipe upwards and then press the speaker button.

EDIT: I think that I'm looking for the DriveMode app. Does anyone on here use it?

There are lots of apps that offer this. I haven't tried them

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭lenny palmer

Anyone else have an issue with there wifi. When I come home it does not connect automatically. I have to click the wifi icon and then my home wifi to connect. Sometimes it even makes me put in the password again(not all the time). As far as I can work out it is only with my home wifi. When I'm in work it seems to connect there with no issues

• Advertisement
Advertisement