Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

The more I use my Note 4 the more I like it. Still feel it is a bit large.
    I've noticed that detection of WhatsApps messages is not as clear as previous devices.

Still looking for a screen protector. Recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Paulmc.

Thanks for the advice folks, just ordered the phone with dhl delivery, gonna look for armored case & tempered glass for screen now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Raoul wrote: »
    Planning to do so once I can unlock my phone. Have to wait another 40 hours to do so.

I have used resurrection remix before and I liked it. Might try that when I get my phone unlocked.

I was using Lineage but for some reason I wasn't able to set notification sounds per app so I might get that a try. Its a fickle reason to change as it works great otherwise but that's me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭quinnd6

When you turn it on does it update to Android 7.1 or is it just Android 6?
    Would it have any issues changing from 3g to 2g if your 2g coverage was bad?
    Does it support 4g over here?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,219 ✭✭✭corkie

quinnd6 wrote: »
    When you turn it on does it update to Android 7.1 or is it just Android 6?
    Would it have any issues changing from 3g to 2g if your 2g coverage was bad?
    Does it support 4g over here?

It has an update to MIUI 9 7.0 (not 7.1.1/2 - someone with the device confirm - dev roms may have newer version of android)

As long as you get a device with BAND 20 for LTE, you will get 4G!
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/wiki/specs/redminote4x

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,844 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I've noticed that detection of WhatsApps messages is not as clear as previous devices.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/382231573736?_trksid=p2380057.m570.l5999&_trkparms=gh1g%3DI382231573736.N36.S1.R1.TR2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

j@utis wrote: »
    doesn't post to Ireland it says.

I used addresspal. There are lots of sellers selling the same full screen protector under different names

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Geek Buying have $20 off a $200 purchase at the minute. Phone is 199.99 but add something to the basket to bring it over 200 (or don't bother and just get $6 off)

My sister wanted one so added a screen protector - has to be from same warehouse as phone btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

This is a quirk of MIUI. Go into the Battery Saver settings within MIUI and either turn off the MIUI battery optimisation thing or else tell it to leave WhatsApp running.

You can lock an app into memory too [MIUI is aggressive with RAM management and tends to shut apps off causing this to happen]. You pull the app icon down after seeing it in the "current open apps" screen thingy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Fabio wrote: »
    This is a quirk of MIUI. Go into the Battery Saver settings within MIUI and either turn off the MIUI battery optimisation thing or else tell it to leave WhatsApp running.

You can lock an app into memory too [MIUI is aggressive with RAM management and tends to shut apps off causing this to happen]. You pull the app icon down after seeing it in the "current open apps" screen thingy.

I just turned the battery saver off. The battery life is amazing especially coming from a nexus

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭Raoul

Has anyone flashed TRWP? Having awful trouble with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Has anyone flashed TRWP? Having awful trouble with it.

What trouble? At work so cant do a lot right now but maybe I can help later.

fixxxer wrote: »
    What trouble? At work so cant do a lot right now but maybe I can help later.

Just couldn't get the twrp to boot. It was installing ok but wouldn't boot. Then I bricked it somehow, in a fastboot loop. Easy enough to solve using miflash and then flashing the correct global rom.

Anyway...think I am on the road to success following this guide:
    http://en.miui.com/thread-667496-1-1.html

I can't boot into recovery using the buttons, so having to do it via ADB.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

j@utis wrote: »
    I finally bought one earlier today, expecting it to arrive on Monday :rolleyes:

Just pulled the trigger and ordered one over the weekend, from IT warehouse. Has yours arrived yet, just wondering what their shipping times are like. Did you get any email notifications?

Just pulled the trigger and ordered one over the weekend, from IT warehouse. Has yours arrived yet, just wondering what their shipping times are like. Did you get any email notifications?

I ordered over a weekend & got a confirmation email on the Monday with a DHL tracking number. Tracking said that it would be delivered Wednesday but it arrived on the Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Paulmc.

I ordered last Thursday afternoon & it's just arrived, so very happy with that. Time to have a play with it now & try set it up for the young fella for Xmas:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

I ordered on wednesday 7pm, got the phone on friday 2pm - very impressed with dhl I must say. I got email with tracking number for dhl website.

ordered Saturday...still not dispatched...must be a big backlog from the Black Friday sales!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Ordered from Geek Buying on Thursday. Delivered yesterday

what's the difference between the Redmi Note 4 and the Redmi Note 4X ???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,219 ✭✭✭corkie

what's the difference between the Redmi Note 4 and the Redmi Note 4X ???

Exact same device, except generally the one without the X has support for more LTE bands. i.e. Band 20 which is needed in this country.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/wiki/specs/redminote4x

There is also RN4/X with Mediatek which should be avoided!

Note: - Check the description and band support before ordering from a seller.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

Hi All,

Im finally about to bite the bullet and purchase. Can anyone confirm if this model from HK Goldway is ok for Ireland?

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-4-Special-Edition-Mobile-Phone-3GB-RAM-32GB-ROM-MTK-Helio-X20/311331_32766122092.html

So many on the site it's confusing but this seems to have all the right specs to work here.

Thanks

You may aswell get the one with 4GB RAM and 64gb storage.

I haven't used HK Goldway but I think this is it:
    Here

But this one only ships from China. Have a look back and see the other links. There is one where you have about 30 diff options for type of phone and shipping combo.

You may aswell get the one with 4GB RAM and 64gb storage.

Thanks, just noticed that after I posted it.

The link is in the chinese android phones thread. Try and find it.

That only ships from China.

• Advertisement

That only ships from China.

Yes but using DHL option to avoid customs.

Advertisement