Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Citizen (Thinly veiled 'How many Irish backing this?')

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

SC is now fully crowd funded at 23 million (as this was the gross figure not taking into consideration paypal fees and also kickstarter percentage payment).

New Wingman's Hangar and soon to be upcoming Hornet Brochure/Variants for sale !! Episode 42 is very much Squadron 42 (SC's single player campaign)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Was reading the Aurora Brochure, seems you can add parts of it onto your Connie, or mix and match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Friend Computer

I'm tempted to go in on this but I'm waiting to hear more about private servers. It was disappointing to learn this is going to be an MMO but with the ability to run your own server I'd be less inclined to pass it over.
    Incidentally, just finding what information I could about private servers was a massive pain.

Ah, my kingdom for a game like of this scale that's single player. And isn't X because as great as that is the combat is lacklustre.

I'm tempted to go in on this but I'm waiting to hear more about private servers. It was disappointing to learn this is going to be an MMO but with the ability to run your own server I'd be less inclined to pass it over.
    Incidentally, just finding what information I could about private servers was a massive pain.

Ah, my kingdom for a game like of this scale that's single player. And isn't X because as great as that is the combat is lacklustre.

There is a complete single player game called 'Squadron 42'

And yes, you can use and mod your own servers.

$24 million mark hit -https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13334-Letter-From-The-Chairman-24-Million

Hornet Variants released - https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13329-Introducing-The-Anvil-Hornet-Lineup

New stretch goal announced!
    Enhanced Capital Ship Systems – In addition to the command and control systems we’ve already outlined, we’re going to expand capital ship functions! Lead a damage control team to fight fires and repair key systems during battle, control internal bulkheads to slow boarders and man a number of consoles, like navigation and engineering, that will make commanding a capital ship feel even more immersive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's insane how much money they've made.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Wow, I only checked the site yesterday and they were at $23.4 Million,
    now they're at $24.1 million. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Is this actually playable at the moment???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Glebee wrote: »
    Is this actually playable at the moment???

No, just the Hangar Module is available now, basically a hangar with all your ships in it,
    it's very much work-in-progress.

However, the Dog-Fighting Module will be available before Xmas, which will be playable.
    That'll include ship-to-ship fighting etc.

After that it's the Planetside Module, FPS/Ship-Boarding Module, Squadron 42 Module,
    then the Persistent Universe Module in late 2014;
    http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Anticipated_Release_Schedule

Btw, they really should have a Wiki on the Star Citizen website.
    These two have some good info;
    http://starcitizen.wikia.com
    http://starcitizen.gamepedia.com/

Tempted to upgrade my hornet,

but the Connie was already an expensive enough buy.

Is there a time limit on the new Hornet variants?

• Advertisement

Tempted to upgrade my hornet,

but the Connie was already an expensive enough buy.

Is there a time limit on the new Hornet variants?

November 4th I believe.

Cheers,

May have to upgrade my hornet.....

This is getting worse than the steam sale.....

Wingman's Hangar Ep 43 -

Nothing much else since the Hornet variants this week but only 30% from $25 million now.

if this game fails,

the internet may actually explode from uber nerd rage.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭GREENGEKO

we just hit 25mil....
    Funds Raised
    Star Citizens
    2,439 slots left <
    very few left ,when there gone u will not be able to enter star citizen until end of 2014
    Reserve Your Alpha Slot
    NEXT STRETCHGOAL
    $26,000,000

i put a shout out to any irish on the s/c forums but little reply there...mostly uk-usa-germans.......should we all get a "loose,no eo-drama" star citizen clan going so we can all keep up with whats going on??

good s/c map site if anybody needs it

http://mobiglas.com just hit the button in top left of screen,any planet with a line through just hover ur mouse there and it will give u all the details ect

wiki
    http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
    or this one in techo colour
    http://starcitizen.gamepedia.com/Star_Citizen_Wiki

if this game fails,

the internet may actually explode from uber nerd rage.

4chan have had a few attempts to derail it thus far. One supposed "contractor" leaking details anonymously

Full Thread on reddit and images attached but someone typed it all up also in the comments section - http://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/1p7r3l/possible_leak_from_sc_contractor_says_there_are/

yeah saw that one , but if u cant troll 4can....whats left to troll?

s/c on 4can - newbies stay away,its troll season there!!!

HMMM late edit seams the star citizen tread at 4 chan has vanished?? who knows......

might have to update this soon.....
    size_comparison___science_fiction_spaceships_by_dirkloechel-d6lfgdf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Edgey75

im keeping my eye on this but i backed Elite Dangerous... just cos i played it well before wing commander and it was a great game, that did so much in its day with limited size, the entire universe and full physics in a program the size of a modern email!

Was looking through the ship store earlier, and some of the prices are crazy. $180 for a Hornet? $225 for the Constellation? Hell, even the basic ships are $30-$50. I know you get the hanger as well, and it's as much a beta pledge as a standard purchase, but still. Not too long ago we'd have slated a developer for selling in game items for prices like these.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle new ships once the game is released. Will it always be through the cash store, or can we actually find / earn new ships in game.

Still really looking forward to seeing it all come together though.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Was looking through the ship store earlier, and some of the prices are crazy. $180 for a Hornet? $225 for the Constellation? Hell, even the basic ships are $30-$50. I know you get the hanger as well, and it's as much a beta pledge as a standard purchase, but still. Not too long ago we'd have slated a developer for selling in game items for prices like these.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle new ships once the game is released. Will it always be through the cash store, or can we actually find / earn new ships in game.

Still really looking forward to seeing it all come together though.

Ships will be unavailable through the same store mechanic now, UEC (Credits/Money) will be available as will some decorative items but not ships.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

So, in future, you'll have to buy ships or be stuck in whatever one you started off with?

I backed this when it came out, got a middle of the road package, beta access, Aurora, and now all this extra **** comes out. Won't be upgrading my package for €70 though.

It'd be nice to be able to earn/salvage/capture ships in game, instead of stumping up cash.

So, in future, you'll have to buy ships or be stuck in whatever one you started off with?

I backed this when it came out, got a middle of the road package, beta access, Aurora, and now all this extra **** comes out. Won't be upgrading my package for €70 though.

It'd be nice to be able to earn/salvage/capture ships in game, instead of stumping up cash.

You can earn UEC in game through missions etc, if you are broke you can get a loan from the UEE or others to get a ship or even take part in the another persons ship / Squadron 42 missions to earn UEC.

Or become a pirate and steal someones ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

is this free to play? just watching all this talk of real money purchases and what not, id much rather pay up front and be able to access stuff without paying money or grinding for weeks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Afaik, it's only using cash now as a start.
    Once in the game it'll all be according to the in game currency which you have to do jobs/trade/pirate to earn.

is this free to play? just watching all this talk of real money purchases and what not, id much rather pay up front and be able to access stuff without paying money or grinding for weeks!!!
    BizzyC wrote: »
    Afaik, it's only using cash now as a start.
    Once in the game it'll all be according to the in game currency which you have to do jobs/trade/pirate to earn.

You'll have the ability to buy the ingame currency (UEC) for money if you like (basically like a few other MMOs do with GTCs in Eve for example).

You will still put that money back into the real economy to buy ships from NPCs/Players as you won't be able to buy ships directly from CIG.

Are players able to craft the ships, Eve style? Cause that'd be pretty cool.

Friend of mine keeps banging on about this. Sounds like a lot of money to spend

• Advertisement

What you mean by craft the ships?

You can purchase, upgrade, take backs out, put parts in, etc.

Most of the big ships are modular, so yes, you can convert your ship to your needs,
    I will be using my Connie for exploration or trade hauling.

Tis expensive though ;)

Advertisement