Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wanker watch: Warning signs that someone is a tosser

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭mattP

dudara wrote:
    People who treat waitstaff and customer service people badly. Or doesn't even say thank you.

I really agree with this one, I get treated like shyte by a lot of customers for no reason, most of it is they just don't register me as an actual person. To them im just the guy that washes their car :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

The old folk probably just want the stimulation of the hustle and bustle of a busy town and some human interaction.

Yeah I know, it is AH after all !

Anyone who goes on about how rich their family is. Mostly it's not even true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Massimo Cassagrande

They "golf".
    IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

professore wrote: »
    People who slavishly follow some ideology/group unquestioningly and don't admit that life is not black and white but shades of grey and think anyone who doesn't agree 100% with their guru of choice is somehow inferior / mass murderer / an idiot.

Examples : feminism, pro life movement, pro choice movement, gay pride (how is it tasteful to parade around a city centre in nothing but a thong), water charge protesters, fad diet followers, alternative cancer treatments, and so on and so forth.

That's my insulting of 95% of boardsies done for another year :D

This.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

People who tailgate if you are doing 5 mph below the limit, right on your bumper and constantly weaving in and out to tell you you're in their way. The worst ones don't actually overtake and just keep this shít up for mile after mile, probably expecting you to pull in!
    Either overtake or stay behind at a safe distance you fúcking twát. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Was in B+Q yesterday and a fella who was a little bit well built was walking around with his two arms so far out from his sides it looked like he was carrying two invisible buckets, took one look at him and thought........wanker :)

Someone should make this into a book ... some great tips here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I would draw your attention to this thread Sir:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057485675
    Saw that yesterday.

I think my head would explode if I read that thread in it's entirety.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Senior Citizens who have to mention "the grandchildren" at least every third or fourth sentence in everyday general chitchat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Anyone who goes to the gym to beef up (rather than just to stay in good shape) and then constantly posts/talks about their progress while wearing their little brother's t-shirt. Automatic wánkbags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

rawn wrote: »
    Anyone who goes to the gym to beef up (rather than just to stay in good shape) and then constantly posts/talks about their progress while wearing their little brother's t-shirt. Automatic wánkbags.

Not worth a slap, either. All show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Anyone with a TapOut tshirt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭Daith

Anyone who dresses like Conor McGregor. Bonus points if they have the same hairstyle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Agricola wrote: »
    People who tailgate if you are doing 5 mph below the limit, right on your bumper and constantly weaving in and out to tell you you're in their way. The worst ones don't actually overtake and just keep this shít up for mile after mile, probably expecting you to pull in!
    Either overtake or stay behind at a safe distance you fúcking twát. :mad:

The fact that your speedometer overestimates your speed by about 5% means you're probably doing 67/68 km/h on an 80km/h road.

Drive faster snail.

I hate tailgaters too but i also dislike slow, inconsiderate drivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

I want a t-shirt with:

Boards.ie
    WANKER WATCH

Black (slimming), x-large (not), and I'll wear it to the next Boards Beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hurlsey

1.People who wear hats with t-shirts, wear a hoodie/jumper you prat
    2.Coke/pill heads
    3.SJWs
    4.LikeWhores
    5.People with buggies who don't use a pedestrian crossing, your child versus my car you Pr!ck
    5.People who don't say please and thank you
    6.People without a disability in a disabled space
    7.Anyone who's idea of current affairs is what happened on the kardashians/"insert mind numbing reality TV here"
    8.Anyone on the Yes side, who when having a discussion called me a bigoted ****- I voted yes
    9.Anyone on the no side who used any reference to God and/or the Bible to justify their argument!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Anybody who feels the need to outdo somebody else's story with a better one.

You want to Manchester? I went to New York. Let me tell you about it.

You went to that concert? I went to this better one. let me tell you about it.

Sure sign that they will be an insufferable bore interested only in themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

People that love to spend other people's hard earned money without contributing fuk all themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Daith wrote: »
    Anyone who dresses like Conor McGregor.

Including Conor McGregor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Including Conor McGregor.

I met him once. Let me tell you about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Wanker watch dead giveaway: Anyone who announces they're going to run for president at the f*ckin MTV awards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Walking around with your hands down your pants fondling yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

People who make long lists, except Oskar Schindler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,534 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

If someone doesn't acknowledge that you've held a door open for them, then they're most certainly a wanker.

Specifically that grumpy **** in Avoca earlier today when I held the door open for he and his daughter, while I was on the outside in the rain, and he didn't so much as look at me. If you manage to read this, you sir, are a wanker.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hurlsey

hurlsey wrote: »
    1.People who wear hats with t-shirts, wear a hoodie/jumper you prat
    2.Coke/pill heads
    3.SJWs
    4.LikeWhores
    5.People with buggies who don't use a pedestrian crossing, your child versus my car you Pr!ck
    5.People who don't say please and thank you
    6.People without a disability in a disabled space
    7.Anyone who's idea of current affairs is what happened on the kardashians/"insert mind numbing reality TV here"
    8.Anyone on the Yes side, who when having a discussion called me a bigoted ****- I voted yes
    9.Anyone on the no side who used any reference to God and/or the Bible to justify their argument!

Oh 10. Anyone who still brings up anything that happened while travelling having been home a year or more! And know I don't care if it was the best experience of your life you pretentious pontificating Pr!ck/C@nt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

The fact that your speedometer overestimates your speed by about 5% means you're probably doing 67/68 km/h on an 80km/h road.

Drive faster snail.

I hate tailgaters too but i also dislike slow, inconsiderate drivers.

Think I've just found a new way of spotting **** :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Asshats that post nonsense on Facebook...that face you make when "insert inane nonsense"

Worse, the freaks who "like" it

Loud types in rugby shirts with collars standing up.

Invariably insufferable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭SSLguru

Someone who promotes the reckless open borders policy this country has.

Of course if you oppose reckless mass immigration they will scream "racist " at you whilst then droning on about diversity.

White guilt is eating them alive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,922 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The only guy who hangs out with a group of girls

Rude customers

Guys who say the same crap Irish jokes eg father Ted imitations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

People who use what should be lighthearted threads to soapbox their hate-filled agendas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,534 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

They use various forms and derivatives of the word "banter" to describe their various acts of wankerishness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

A fat man with glasses from Offaly whose named Brian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

A Celtic shirt is an indication that there is a 75% chance the wearer is a complete wanker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,383 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Lads using selfie sticks and always photographing themselves.

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    Senior Citizens who have to mention "the grandchildren" at least every third or fourth sentence in everyday general chitchat.

Oh my grandson is doing medicine in Trinity , he's going out with a lovely girl , he's a lovely young fella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

People who think being born and reared in Ireland is some sort of achievement and think it makes them earthier, witter and more authentic than everybody else ( who apparently want to be them ).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

People with their hands down their jocks pulling themself's asunder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

The only tossers are people who judge others by their appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Just1nlucas

People who cycle on footpaths, and look at you as if you should move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,825 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

People to walk around backwards

People who encourage mass immigration whilst we are in the middle of a housing crisis and can't even look after our own

People who quote conor mcgregor

• Advertisement

People who wear beats headphones you're just asking for an egg off the head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Patww79 wrote: »
    Great sentiment there buddy. Let's run that one up the flagpole and see who salutes.

OK we are getting sidetracked with the office sayings guys, I think we will take that one offline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,383 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Women who have all their groceries through the checkout and then go rummaging through their handbags looking for their purse.
    Have your feckin money ready.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,675 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The only tossers are people who judge others by their appearance.

So if you saw someone with a swastika tattoo are you saying you wouldn't judge them to be a tosser?

Pub owners/workers who say they love to have the Craic with there regulars but hate them really

Youngfellas who act like old men . Drinking guiness etc

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement