Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Comments

There is indeed a grand stretch in the evenings.

;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

What happened in here :eek:

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭thomil

Autosport wrote: »
    What happened in here :eek:

Oh nothing, a tripod got the Thunder Child treatment and I feel we may have a Sith lord in our midst :pac: ;)

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,952 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Tis the beautiful orange/red full moon sending everyones senses into overdrive :pac:

(It's worth having a look at , for those of ye good with a camera ;) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,280 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Tis the beautiful orange/red full moon sending everyones senses into overdrive :pac:

(It's worth having a look at , for those of ye god with a camera ;) )
    Thank you so much, I didn't realise it was so amazing and just went out to have a look. If only I had a good camera :(

To thine own self be true

Thank you so much, I didn't realise it was so amazing and just went out to have a look. If only I had a good camera :(

Same here PM , it's stunningly beautiful , and nothing here to take a decent pic with either .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Ah well, I knew with it being a full moon, that I would wind up doing night duty, and I was right. Peace restored (for now, at least), sipping a coffee here. Dont think I'll be going back to sleep. Better than being on A&E, I suppose.

Sorry to hear that Sardi ((hugs))

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Better late than never giant boobly hugs for Sardi :)

Eight hours since the last post ,....

Miserable, rotten evening here , heating on, coffee and little jam and coconut sponge squares to enjoy :pac:

• Advertisement

Miserable, rotten evening here , heating on, coffee and little jam and coconut sponge squares to enjoy :pac:
    Rotten day all day here. I haven't seen any sun this week like some here. I should have gone out last night to lie off under the full moon instead.
    Out at 7pm for teen outdoor sports..someone write me a sick note :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,209 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I had too many happy thoughts, so I kept them to myself. But you have managed to balance things by mentioning the crappy weather and enjoying the jam and coconut sponge square.:D

Oh PM , bring a blanket , a book , a cuppa in a travel mug , and escape into the pages while training is on ? .

Lol Grandeeod, I like to keep things as balanced as possible, for every negative, there will be a positive flip side :)

Oh PM , bring a blanket , a book , a cuppa in a travel mug , and escape into the pages while training is on ? .

Lol Grandeeod, I like to keep things as balanced as possible, for every negative, there will be a positive flip side :)

Positive day here despite the appalling weather. Sure what's new! Ms G finished the most difficult school year of her life. SCHOOLS OUT FOR SUMMER!!! Like so many kids she wore a mask more often than I did. Just like so many other workers in retail etc. She managed to get decent enough results despite the experience of a positive case in her class and a covid test. Despite four months of online learning too. These kids are heroes Mam. I hope they realise it someday.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Positive day here despite the appalling weather. Sure what's new! Ms G finished the most difficult school year of her life. SCHOOLS OUT FOR SUMMER!!! Like so many kids she wore a mask more often than I did. Just like so many other workers in retail etc. She managed to get decent enough results despite the experience of a positive case in her class and a covid test. Despite four months of online learning too. These kids are heroes Mam. I hope they realise it someday.

Well done to Ms G !
    Honest to god G , you're right , and do you know what?
    They will realise it one day , if they have people like you in their own lives who let the know how proud they are of them getting through this last year .

I always thought , if we found it tough at times to deal with as adults , how much worse it was , and is , for the younger generation to get to grips with .

Onwards and upwards! !

Well done to Ms G !
    Honest to god G , you're right , and do you know what?
    They will realise it one day , if they have people like you in their own lives who let the know how proud they are of them getting through this last year .

I always thought , if we found it tough at times to deal with as adults , how much worse it was , and is , for the younger generation to get to grips with .

Onwards and upwards! !

Her transition from 6th class primary to a new start in Secondary was muddied to feck by Covid. I'm just delighted that she held it together, Believe me Mam, when I say this, loads of kids in her year didn't. I've heard a few terrible stories. Apologies for a proud/relieved Dad moment.

Her transition from 6th class primary to a new start in Secondary was muddied to feck by Covid. I'm just delighted that she held it together, Believe me Mam, when I say this, loads of kids in her year didn't. I've heard a few terrible stories. Apologies for a proud/relieved Dad moment.

Never apologise for being proud G !
    I can understand your relief also that she made it through it all ok and in a good place mentally . It counts for a hell of a lot more than some realise .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Watching Willow :D

Heartbeat time :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Apologies for a proud/relieved Dad moment.
    Congrats Dad.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Relaxing in front of the TV, with the Graham Norton show with a cuppa after my Thursday evening Zoom art class.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Thursday evening Zoom art class.
    Pros and cons for Zooming art classes?

Friends reunion :) I love Friends :)

JK what car did your OH get??? Just being nosey :D

Wash kitchen floors , tell son to be careful they're slippy.
    Cue me sliding and walloping arm down along the door frame , always fun and games here !

Wash kitchen floors , tell son to be careful they're slippy.
    Cue me sliding and walloping arm down along the door frame , always fun and games here !

As my mother would say, there's no drying there today :D
    Put on your crash helmet for rest of night??

• Advertisement

Friends reunion :) I love Friends :)

JK what car did your OH get??? Just being nosey :D

Did you watch it Auto? I don't have Sky so can't see it yet but looking forward to it when it filters out.
    I'm glad they didn't go down the route of making a new series and just did a reunion.

Did you watch it Auto? I don't have Sky so can't see it yet but looking forward to it when it filters out.
    I'm glad they didn't go down the route of making a new series and just did a reunion.

I haven’t watched it all but the parts I have are class and I love the bloopers :D

As my mother would say, there's no drying there today :D
    Put on your crash helmet for rest of night??

Ha ha, think I could do with one alright at this point :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Soon to the renamed Mam of 1 arm

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Found a deal on chocolate hobnobs, itching to open but strength required plus they don't go with beer ;)

• Advertisement

Found a deal on chocolate hobnobs, itching to open but strength required plus they don't go with beer ;)

Beer or hobnobs. The age old question :D
    I'd go with them both anyways Grem. Sure as I do say anytime I'm indulging "I'm on my holidays" :p

Right now I'm in bed.

I hope all the ailment sufferers and family member ailment suffererers are well.

Found a deal on chocolate hobnobs, itching to open but strength required plus they don't go with beer

You wouldnt like them anyway, I'll have them

Fermented foods is where its all at isnt it ?

How about I send you over a jar of sauerkraut as a swap ?
    ( will include some ghastly piece of pig insides from a polski sklep for protein )

Will be fierce good for you :D

0lddog wrote: »
    You wouldnt like them anyway, I'll have them

Fermented foods is where its all at isnt it ?

How about I send you over a jar of sauerkraut as a swap ?
    ( will include some ghastly piece of pig insides from a polski sklep for protein )

Will be fierce good for you :D

0d that's vomit inducing :(

0d that's vomit inducing :(

In that case you should be very careful when visiting your local branch of 'Polo Stores'* :D

* - one of the few places where frozen sucking pig can be bought ( have to go now to stick my face in the toilet )

In that case you should be very careful when visiting your local branch of 'Polo Stores'* :D

* - one of the few places where frozen sucking pig can be bought ( have to go now to stick my face in the toilet )

Have you ever eaten a crubeen? :p

Have you ever eaten a crubeen? :p

You cant ask questions like that at bedtime

I may have to report you :(

tenor.gif

You cant ask questions like that at bedtime

I may have to report you :(

tenor.gif

Morning all :) What a beautiful rainy morning it is :) Heading to the coal face now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,532 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Miserable morning here too, makes me want to crawl back to bed.

Likewise here , but hey , better days are ahead!
    (Well, they can't get much worse can they :pac: )

Happy Friday!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Standing outside my GP's surgery with my trusty brolly on this rotten morning, waiting to be called in for my check up.

Happy Friday all! :)

Getting me hair done. Yeah!

Eating toast. It's a fairly pleasant day here so far.

Klingon forehead hiding behind 60s style fringe
    Temple badger streaks obliterated by glossy brunette
    Faded, dry ends consigned to the dustbin
    I'm gonna spend the day shamelessly swishing my new hair.

Gorgeous day here.

Mrs/Ms Gs dinner done and dusted. Got the kitchen to myself again this evening. Chopping mushrooms, onions and peppers for a nice dinner later. May crack open a beer and have a decent sup this evening. This two/three bottles malarkey is boring.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Night owl gal

Couchside, waiting on my dinner to cook

Attending a support meeting (by zoom) for addicts in an hour. Hopefully it will go well

Best of luck Night Owl.

Time to trundle for me..

Couchside resting my weary bones, busy day in the coalface but it’s now time to rest and relax :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Took a while to get here, but enjoying a G&T while I wait for my dinner to cook. Dahl heating on the hob, and naan in the oven. Cheers!

• Advertisement

Couchside resting my weary bones, busy day in the coalface but it’s now time to rest and relax :)

You're awful! I usually blow a discreet kiss if it's a hot man :D

Advertisement