Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharon Ni Bheolain on RTE 1 News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭thesultan

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Lots of lads rubbing one out over her tonight on Crimecall!!
    Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

I think she's an awful presenter & newsreader, and I don't know how she gets away with it. Full of affectation but ltotally acking in natural ability.
    There are one or two other RTE female presenters who are much more natural and commanding as presenters & news readers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

thesultan wrote: »
    Why?

Cus they want to do her?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

I think she's an awful presenter & newsreader, and I don't know how she gets away with it. Full of affectation but ltotally acking in natural ability.
    There are one or two other RTE female presenters who are much more natural and commanding as presenters & news readers.
    Boo

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭virginmediapls

Jesus some people would find anything to complain about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

She's no Collete Fitzpatrick that's for sure.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

She's grand, but the random stops in delivery does my head in. At this stage I just record the news at 8 and watch it instead if she's on.

I would prefer any other presenter there, tbh.

I saw Kate Egan presenting the RTE news recently, and thought she was really good, very professional and balanced delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

I only watch the news when Sharon is on, sometimes I unmute the volume but not often.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

She's no Collete Fitzpatrick that's for sure.

I raise you a Caroline Twohig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭tastyt

She looked sexy as hell last night

I’m a big Anna Daly fan though, now there’s a body ....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Shes no Ann Doyle in her perfect fringe prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

She is an attractive lady.

Yeah. Remember, it's not the pastry that counts; it's the filling.

yum yum

• Registered Users Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Crimecall my favourite program of the month, where else can you see people get on national tv for robbing four bottles of beer. Its so quaint.

Last night's video of the robbery in Drimnagh is my current favourite.

"A masked robber entered the shop" (may have been a small newsagents I think)
    "The robber pulled a knife and demanded cash from the till"
    "The cashier refused and the robber left the shop" :D

He's the WORST f**kin robber ever :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yeah he was a terrible robber, I laughed my head off when the shopkeeper refused to give him money and he just left with his tail between his legs. Perhaps criminality isnt the career for him. Crimecall is great for these kind of clips.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

She’s wearing the red version tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭thesultan

The leather suits her better..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

https://www.rte.ie/news/player/nine-news-web/2021/0416/

Should RTE announcers be smiling when they announce the latest Covid deaths? (About 7 minutes 20 seconds in to clip).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

Should RTE announcers be smiling when they announce the latest Covid deaths? (About 7 minutes 20 seconds in to clip).
    that's unsettling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

I don’t see why not. I’d be smiling too if I had a fresh set of highlights in my hair during a level 5 lookdown with all hairdressers shut 🧐

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I don’t see why not. I’d be smiling too if I had a fresh set of highlights in my hair during a level 5 lookdown with all hairdressers shut ðŸ§

How does that work? Is it essential we get the news without someone's roots on show? Could always apply a snap filter to her, depending on the gravitas of the situation. Talking about deaths, grim reaper filter. Weather? Sun with shades on.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

MarkR wrote: »
    How does that work? Is it essential we get the news without someone's roots on show? Could always apply a snap filter to her, depending on the gravitas of the situation. Talking about deaths, grim reaper filter. Weather? Sun with shades on.

Hair and makeup is exempt from restrictions for certain professions

• Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Twice tried to load that.. got to enjoy two different twenty second ads and then on both occasions the video failed to load.

RTE player still a heap of junk.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Harsh.
    Imagine having to come up with a new outfit to wear almost every day, knowing that so many people will judge you on that outfit. Too risqué, too conservative, too boring, too black, too high, too low, too long, too white, inappropriate.

It must be ****ing exhausting. I reckon the only way to manage this is to not give a flying fcuk what you or anyone alse thinks.

The men, on the other hand can just change their tie or the shade of their shirt to evoke perceived change. It's much easier but I guess some men would enjoy more freedom from the uniform that 90% of men on TV wear.

I always find it a bit odd that in conservative society, men are expected to dress more or less exactly the same as every other man of his standing but each woman is expected to dress uniquely.

Is she in ABBA or not ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

It loaded for me, she isn't giddy or anything just doesn't have a serious puss on and says 11 deaths 8 of which occurred prior to April and it goes to the page with all the covid figures, she's on screen for a couple of seconds.

Maybe caught off guard because she thought it was going straight from the video to the still and they got her camera in between

Total non issue anyway unless you already hate her and want to try say she was smiling at deaths

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭Sharpyshoot

Her clothes choice is to keep neutral. She doesn’t want people pulling their tool over her announcing the 6 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Totally agree a complete non issue unless you don't like her

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭ulster

Surely her outfits are picked by RTE staff. I don't think they'd be allowed to wear their own clothes for broadcast?

It's possible that her local charity shop stocks ABBA- esque outfits from the 70s, hence old Sharon's bell-bottom look. I also dislike the faux hesitation in her (pretend) husky voice as she asks George Lee a question.

It's all about s performance with Sharon, all about looks and affectation. The actual news content is secondary, thanks to her display.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

all she needs is Remi Roussos to enter stage left and join her in a duet - similar clothes

Advertisement