Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharon Ni Bheolain on RTE 1 News

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

It loaded for me, she isn't giddy or anything just doesn't have a serious puss on and says 11 deaths 8 of which occurred prior to April and it goes to the page with all the covid figures, she's on screen for a couple of seconds.

Maybe caught off guard because she thought it was going straight from the video to the still and they got her camera in between

Or maybe she just reads the words that are presented to her. A disconnect between her brain and her mouth?

Such a dream I had about her and Claire Byrne, too filthy to tell ye about!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭SeanW

I think this thread is finally facing its Waterloo :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

I so would but the new report especially enjoyed was the one where she had to "interview" Emma O'Kelly about union agitation in RTE about high wages for some people (SniB in particular) from EoK as the Shop Steward. Awkward,much?, on RTE news at 6 pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

I still would though...........in a heartbeat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

the shops that sell womens clothes are closed unless you buy online.
    its tough for women, presenters ,actors are in some cases having to do their
    makeup due to covid restrictions.
    A male presenter only has to buy a few suits and shirts .
    women are expected to look like a model with new stylish clothes every day .

News presenters are supposed to dress like a local school teacher .
    you don,t want to look to cool or too sexy.
    i think the average rte tv viewer is 40 years old at least,
    or people who don,t have cable tv or sky.
    i never watch the news .
    with all the newspapers online 24,7
    no more they i play music on cassette tapes.
    i do,nt think anyone under 30 watchs the news at 6pm.
    The main skill of a news presenter is to be able to read an autocue and maybe ask a few basic questions with annoying the audience.
    the news is not a fashion show.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,414 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

riclad wrote: »
    the shops that sell womens clothes are closed unless you buy online.
    its tough for women, presenters ,actors are in some cases having to do their
    makeup due to covid restrictions.
    A male presenter only has to buy a few suits and shirts .
    women are expected to look like a model with new stylish clothes every day .

News presenters are supposed to dress like a local school teacher .
    you don,t want to look to cool or too sexy.
    i think the average rte tv viewer is 40 years old at least,
    or people who don,t have cable tv or sky.
    i never watch the news .
    with all the newspapers online 24,7
    no more they i play music on cassette tapes.
    i do,nt think anyone under 30 watchs the news at 6pm.
    The main skill of a news presenter is to be able to read an autocue and maybe ask a few basic questions with annoying the audience.
    the news is not a fashion show.

This myth that people don't watch RTE. You don't think people under 40 would watch RTE news for Irish news. Why would anyone watch Sky News for wall to wall royal family etc and nothing about Ireland on it all.

Do people under 40 not watch GAA or an Ireland football match?

I think the idea of having Sky/Cable in this internet age is more for older people than watching RTE news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

She doesn't have a good voice/delivery imo. Forced, croaky and out of breath easily. Not an assertive/authoritative style.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Leave Sharon Alone! I like her!

Advertisement