Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharon Ni Bheolain on RTE 1 News

Options
  • 05-04-2020 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Does anyone know if Sharon is a member of an Abba tribute band?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

:D

If we're referring to the same thing, I saw that all white ensemble a few days ago, she was as wide at her feet as at her shoulders. Just needed a carrot for her nose. Looked ludicrous.

(Oh yeah - Mamma Mia!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

ATC110 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Sharon is a member of an Abba tribute band?

She auditioned for Abbaesque but they wouldnt take a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

She auditioned for Abbaesque but they wouldnt take a chance.

Abboesque is coming

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I didn't watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Her dress sense is terrible, always has been, someone should call the fashion Police on her.

Do RTE gave the news broadcasters a budget to buy clothes or does she buy clothes in charity shops in D4. ?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,734 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Pics please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

There should be a certain standard or dress code required. She's presenting the news not some arts programme.
    She looks ridiculous at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,782 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

kravmaga wrote: »
    Her dress sense is terrible, always has been, someone should call the fashion Police on her.

Do RTE gave the news broadcasters a budget to buy clothes or does she buy clothes in charity shops in D4. ?:D

Harsh.
    Imagine having to come up with a new outfit to wear almost every day, knowing that so many people will judge you on that outfit. Too risqué, too conservative, too boring, too black, too high, too low, too long, too white, inappropriate.

It must be ****ing exhausting. I reckon the only way to manage this is to not give a flying fcuk what you or anyone alse thinks.

The men, on the other hand can just change their tie or the shade of their shirt to evoke perceived change. It's much easier but I guess some men would enjoy more freedom from the uniform that 90% of men on TV wear.

I always find it a bit odd that in conservative society, men are expected to dress more or less exactly the same as every other man of his standing but each woman is expected to dress uniquely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Pics please

I think it's this one. But it might not be!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ET0zJR8XgAwfXaw?format=jpg&name=small

There should be a certain standard or dress code required. She's presenting the news not some arts programme.
    She looks ridiculous at times.

What?
    Your standard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Hippykitten

Sharon is very good-looking but I don't think that this current look suits her. I think that it makes her look a size bigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

She is an attractive lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,435 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

"I'll have the madras with a garlic and coriander naan please, Sharon."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

biko wrote: »
    I didn't watch it.

So thats how you have 63k posts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Less is more Shaz.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Does she have an OnlyFans account?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭storker

Any makeover should start with letting her stay bloody well sitting down. At a fcuking desk. Same goes for all of the news presenters. Stupid TV news fads...grrrr...a sofa for fcuk's sake...what is it, the news or daytime TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Shes sounds like a shouty robot sometimes when shes talking to the other correspondents on the big screen.
    Shes still beautiful though!

What?
    Your standard?

No, not my standard, the standard that is used for almost every single other news presenter out there.Male or female.

No, not my standard, the standard that is used for almost every single other news presenter out there.Male or female.

Who sets these rules?
    (which don't appear to be rules, as evidenced by SNB)
    Also, why are the rules for men dramatically different to the rules for women?

• Advertisement

Who sets these rules?
    (which don't appear to be rules, as evidenced by SNB)
    Also, why are the rules for men dramatically different to the rules for women?

What rules ? I never said there were rules
    There are standards and comparisons though. How does Sharon's choice of attire compare to her contemporaries

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Grotesque bearded adult gamers giving an attractive woman advice on what to wear and how much makeup to use.

Never change Boards

storker wrote: »
    Any makeover should start with letting her stay bloody well sitting down. At a fcuking desk. Same goes for all of the news presenters. Stupid TV news fads...grrrr...a sofa for fcuk's sake...what is it, the news or daytime TV?

I completely agree with this ^^

To be fair, it’s not just RTE, the Beeb has Fiona Bruce et al standing up. It’s bad enough with the fellas but the women look uncomfortable at best. I don’t know what the psychology of it is, maybe one news bulletin did it and the rest of the sheep followed?

PS I don’t really care what she wears, btw. I want to hear the news

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Sharon is very good-looking but I don't think that this current look suits her. I think that it makes her look a size bigger.

she is objectively good looking but ive never found her attractive

shes no ann doyle

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

That looks pretty good on her

• Registered Users Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭ofcork

She has gotten engaged apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

There’s a nice Ho Chi Minh vibe off that outfit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Podge201

So thats how you have 63k posts

I thought if you subscribe you can edit your post count. Not possible to have that many posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    she is objectively good looking but ive never found her attractive

shes no ann doyle

Do we need old Doyler with her finger on the button?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

That looks pretty good on her

Yep. I like it too. I think modern interpretations of the pajama kurta theme often look good. It is a graceful useful type of clothing. Comfortable, flowing, classic, graceful. Overall pretty damn groovy. And Sharon is gorgeous looking.

Advertisement