Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High quality bed, mattress and headboard

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

sandra_b wrote: »

Hi sandra_b

Selling all sizes at €499 across the board.

chris1970 wrote: »
    Hi guys happy Christmas,
    On a thigh budget, what the best on this
    Single Best Rest Raz Semi-Ortho Set
    Delivery to Galway, cheers
    Chris

Hi Chris

This is a model that we have ongoing discounts on. It is by far our biggest seller in the mid range price. We lost count at around 7000 units and to date we have not had a single return or faulty one. Many of you guys on boards have got them so feel free to share your experience. Price is very good at €299 as it's a turnable mattress. We have single sets from €199 but you will notice the difference. We sell this model to hotels and B+B s also. Delivery is free.

Thanks

bigmickey team

ene wrote: »
    budget is 700euro and that is at a major push!

Hi ene

We have some one off high quality models that we are clearing out in January so I'm sure we can find you something decent for your budget. pm me your number and I will contact you with a few options when we start back.

Thanks

bigmickey.ie team

Wheety wrote: »
    Do you have a link to these? Sounds like what we're looking for plus drawers and sounds like a great price too.

King size

Hi Wheety

These Sealy sets only arrived as we were about to close for Christmas. We got 40 sets in total. One customer that was at the shop on their arrival took one set so 39 sets left. We did not get a chance to put them up on our site before we closed but as soon as we do I will sent you a link. They are a true bargain at €399. They have all the original Sealy labels and logo s still on them.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Molb

Hi Mick
    What offers would you have for a double divan with drawers, mattress and headboard?
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭ccazza

Hi
    Do you have the John Lewis mattress in Super King size?

Molb wrote: »
    Hi Mick
    What offers would you have for a double divan with drawers, mattress and headboard?
    thanks

Hi Molb

We have everything and anything. Price will depend on what quality you pick. You can spend as little as 299 euro for a budget bed inc drawers and headboard but the quality would not be that great. Whatever your budget, we should have something to suit. Delivery is free.

ccazza wrote: »
    Hi
    Do you have the John Lewis mattress in Super King size?

Hi ccazza

We did not get any of the John Lewis labelled models in 6ft - Superkingsize. These mattresses are made in Leeds UK in a factory commonly known as Harrison Beds. They also make many other labels there such as Somnus and Spink and Edgar. We have some Harrison in 6ft that we will be clearing in January. I can check for you and let you know what we have. We definitely have a 12000 Pocket and a 10000 pocket superking in stock and possibly some others in superking also. WE also have a huge stock of other Superking models like Sealy , Silentnight , Breasley , Slumberland and so on.

Regards

Bigmickey Team

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭ccazza

Hi ccazza

We did not get any of the John Lewis labelled models in 6ft - Superkingsize. These mattresses are made in Leeds UK in a factory commonly known as Harrison Beds. They also make many other labels there such as Somnus and Spink and Edgar. We have some Harrison in 6ft that we will be clearing in January. I can check for you and let you know what we have. We definitely have a 12000 Pocket and a 10000 pocket superking in stock and possibly some others in superking also. WE also have a huge stock of other Superking models like Sealy , Silentnight , Breasley , Slumberland and so on.

Regards

Bigmickey Team

Great. Thanks. When you get a chance can you let me know what you have and the price. Am in no mad rush. Thanks.

ccazza wrote: »
    Great. Thanks. When you get a chance can you let me know what you have and the price. Am in no mad rush. Thanks.

Are you open to looking at different brands ? We have quite a few different ones in superking.

Thanks

• Advertisement

xlogo wrote: »
    Hi,. Do you deliver (2 singles and a double) and take away the old mattresses? and if so what would that add to the price?

Where is delivery to ?

Singles from 65 euro and filled both sides

Doubles from 99 euro and filled both sides

Removal of old mattresses - singles 10 euro and doubles 15 euro. These go to a proper licensed center for destruction. REceipt given.

xlogo wrote: »
    Sorry - it's Lucan in Dublin.

No problem. We are in Lucan everyday. We start back on 3rd January. If you need before that let me know.
    Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭boxty

Hi, any deals on Irish made king size mattress...firm if possible. Thanks

boxty wrote: »
    Hi, any deals on Irish made king size mattress...firm if possible. Thanks

Not so much Irish models as we found that they are more problematic than the ones we normally stock. We don't get much issues with our regular ranges and if something does arise, we have full authority to deal with it ourselves instead of having to wait for up to 3 months for a rep to call out from some of these Irish manufacturers. As you can see from all the different threads on boards that all feedback about us is pretty positive.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭zeromemory

Hi Mick,

Have you any deals for the Double Julian Bowen Aztec Bed Frame + Mattress? Budget around €300. Also do you take the old frame or just the mattress? TIA

zeromemory wrote: »
    Hi Mick,

Have you any deals for the Double Julian Bowen Aztec Bed Frame + Mattress? Budget around €300. Also do you take the old frame or just the mattress? TIA

Aztec was out of stock at Julian Bowen before Christmas but I can check for you. We should have something from some other supplier in stock. If you send you details to info@bigmickey.ie then I can send you some images.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 27,799 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hi emmetkenny

These Sealy sets are not memory foam and are classed as Firm. We have every type of mattress that there is in stock so should be able to find you something to suit you.

Thanks

bigmickey team

Hi Mickey, just been out testing a few beds in local stores and have taken quite a liking to the Sealy Catania 2600 and the Sealy Teramo 1400.

Would you have these in stock or be able to recommend something along the same line?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Hi Mickey, just been out testing a few beds in local stores and have taken quite a liking to the Sealy Catania 2600 and the Sealy Teramo 1400.

Would you have these in stock or be able to recommend something along the same line?

The mattress business is a bit of a minefield. Many shops will have the exact same mattresses but with different names on the labels. Some of the bigger shops will get the likes of Sealy to make independent names for them so that you can't find them in any other shop even though the exact same mattress will be available if you know where to look. I had a quick look at the two models you quote. They are both 1400 pocket units with one have an extra 1200 mini springs in it (this is how they achieve the higher spring count numbers) I may have some similar 1400 Sealy pillow top left (not many ) but we were selling for €499. Can you call to view when we open up after the holidays ? What part of the country would delivery be to ?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,799 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The mattress business is a bit of a minefield. Many shops will have the exact same mattresses but with different names on the labels. Some of the bigger shops will get the likes of Sealy to make independent names for them so that you can't find them in any other shop even though the exact same mattress will be available if you know where to look. I had a quick look at the two models you quote. They are both 1400 pocket units with one have an extra 1200 mini springs in it (this is how they achieve the higher spring count numbers) I may have some similar 1400 Sealy pillow top left (not many ) but we were selling for €499. Can you call to view when we open up after the holidays ? What part of the country would delivery be to ?

We are in Wexford. I will have a chat with herself and we will see about popping up to you in the next few days.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    We are in Wexford. I will have a chat with herself and we will see about popping up to you in the next few days.

Hi emmetkenny

We reopen on January 3rd. We always have over 1000 mattresses in stock. If you decide to come up we will have many others for you to try at very realistic prices. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭harry999

Hi went into Harvey Norman again today - for 1520 euro will get:

King koil Jubilee 5 FT mattress (1000 euro)
    Tailored base with 4 drawers (350 euro)
    5 FT headboard ( 170 euro)

I must confirm tomorrow - but will probably go with this...

Or any better offers out there.. Thanks

harry999 wrote: »
    Hi went into Harvey Norman again today - for 1520 euro will get:

King koil Jubilee 5 FT mattress (1000 euro)
    Tailored base with 4 drawers (350 euro)
    5 FT headboard ( 170 euro)

I must confirm tomorrow - but will probably go with this...

Or any better offers out there.. Thanks

Hi harry999

Is this the bed you have been quoted for ?

http://www.harveynorman.ie/bedroom/mattresses/king-size-mattress/jubilee-king-mattress-5ft.html

I have had a very quick look as I am not familiar with this model. If so, it does not state if the mattress is twin sided or not and "dual coil" They don't say if it is pocket sprung or not. This appears to be an own label of Harvey Norman so you can't price compare. I would imagine that (depending on headboard type) that I could give you a 4 drawer big brand base (Sealy or similar) and a 1000 pocket sprung encapsulated memory mattress (NBF rated) just like King Koil and a plain headboard for €999 or thereabouts so would not consider their offer much good at all. Remember they (Harvey Norman) spend hundreds of thousands of euro on advertising and with their beautiful premises which are far more superior to our own but you, the customer are paying for all that. I don't believe there are ever any major bargains in places like these. Honest opinion.

Thanks

Mick

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Hi Mickey,

I expect to be purchasing two beds very soon. I have a double mattress for my spare room so will only need frame/headboard for that, would love a king size bed and mattress for my own room. First time buyer, on my own so budget is tight.

Is your Longford store open on Saturday? I’d love to stop in for a look.

Thanks, CC

Hi Mickey,

I expect to be purchasing two beds very soon. I have a double mattress for my spare room so will only need frame/headboard for that, would love a king size bed and mattress for my own room. First time buyer, on my own so budget is tight.

Is your Longford store open on Saturday? I’d love to stop in for a look.

Thanks, CC

Hi CC

We are open 7 days a week apart from Christmas/New Year and Bank Holiday Mondays. You don't need a big budget for us. We posted a few days ago "Sealy King size complete bed" for only €399. Had 40 sets, sold about 10 sets over the holiday period so about 30 sets left which should not last very long once we reopen on 3rd January. Plenty of other models available also.

Regards

Mick

086 8356888

• Registered Users Posts: 32 musicmammy

Hi Mickey,
    what type of mattress is on the Sealy firm king size bed sets that you mention above?

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭cargen

Hi,

At the moment I am shopping around for an European king size mattress.
    I have already the frame and I want to replace my mattress.
    Any suggestion for a good quality firm mattress? At the moment I have a foam (dorelan) but I am open to suggestion.

Regards

musicmammy wrote: »
    Hi Mickey,
    what type of mattress is on the Sealy firm king size bed sets that you mention above?

Hi musicmammy

These just arrived as we were closing for Christmas so had not a chance to set up and take images. Quite a lot of Sealy are Posturepedic/open coil. We can put up some pictures when we get back but as we always say to customers that we prefer you to try before you buy. We will have on display on the shop floor from 3rd January.

cargen wrote: »
    Hi,

At the moment I am shopping around for an European king size mattress.
    I have already the frame and I want to replace my mattress.
    Any suggestion for a good quality firm mattress? At the moment I have a foam (dorelan) but I am open to suggestion.

Regards

What size do you require ? Is it 160cm X 200cm

We get custom made mattresses in every week so not a problem for us.

• Advertisement

lachin wrote: »
    Hi, looking for a single bed and mattress for a 1.5 year old....again tight budget....what kinda money am i looking at? Thanks

From €149 upwards for a branded model... possibly Air Sprung brand.

Thanks

Bigmickey Team

Advertisement