Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nine tenants evicted from north Dublin property by men in masks and dark clothing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

RWCNT wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me how the eviction notice being posted on facebook is supposed to work? Where does it get posted exactly? And how are tenants reasonably expected to see it?

****ing vile remark.

I thought that was very strange myself. If you don't know who the tennant is would you not pin it to the door. Or send someone to deliver it.

You can't send a legal document through Facebook, I would have thought.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I don't think the notice was sent through Facebook. If you listen to yer man he says something like 'you put me on Facebook' to the people getting evicted. That's where the Facebook talk starts. He must have been there in person and they put a video of him online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Banks and legal system is way too soft and if one doesn't pay and continue to ignore then it should definitely be taken, not 3 or 10 years later....

It would solve a lot of problems. After a certain period people feel entitled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

I don't think the notice was sent through Facebook. If you listen to yer man he says something like 'you put me on Facebook' to the people getting evicted. That's where the Facebook talk starts. He must have been there in person and they put a video of him online.

I heard it as "you put me on facebook" but saw someone earlier in the thread saying the notice was posted on facebook as the tenants names wern't known. Perhaps they misheard the video.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

RWCNT wrote: »
    I heard it as "you put me on facebook" but saw someone earlier in the thread saying the notice was posted on facebook as the tenants names wern't known. Perhaps they misheard the video.

After that bit the tenant says 'where is it' and the other guy says 'look it up, it's on Facebook' (still referring to the you put on Facebook thing). I think that is where the confusion is coming from.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Wibbs wrote: »
    :eek: :mad: That's well out of order. Though again not such a shock when banks are anything to do with such things.

Not making a point on this case but really dude?

Ireland is one of the hardest places in the World to get legitimate repossessions when someone has defaulted on what they owe.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭teddyhead

glasso wrote: »
    Ireland really has to move beyond the historical baggage of English landlord evictions in the 1800's and move towards a functioning property system.

The lack of/ difficulty of enforcement in this country is only adding to the cost of rent and of mortgages for law abiding people.

Those people were law abiding , they paid their rent.
    Its disgusting to see people of a 'patriotic' inclination ,siding with an international bank and their Garda helpers.

Its not a mindless 'landlords are bad' argument. Landlord was a freeloading scumbag who wanted a free house.
    I guess its ok if the freeloader is white , eh?

So, it would appear that if legal eagles notified the gardai of a legal eviction, then all was in order. All this crap about illegal eviction, the gardai must have been satisfied that legal processes were aheared to. As for the end comment, "it is because we are black", I thought that was an old cry, was it not changed to "I cannot breath"!

Fan of Goldman Sachs ,eh? Your remarks are idiotic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Gatling wrote: »
    Wouldn't be at all surprised if the crowd who broke back in did the damage to cause maximum outrage

:rolleyes:

This affair will expose the naked racism of the national party/anti corruption Ireland and the like. Give em enough rope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Where do the allegations of it being an illegal eviction come from?

Twitter?

I am being serious though. When anything like this happens which is an evolving story, facts are often the last thing considered. It normally takes at least 72 hours before most of the facts are known where one can draw a reasonable conclusion.

Lots of people just react emotionally to a headline, get angry, tweet something cranky, and then move on with their miserable day. Rinse and repeat.
    There is no consideration that what they are being told is not correct.
    For example. Mike Caul 'Co-Leader' of the Social Democrats tweeted out some stuff yesterday night about this, but he had to correct himself a few times, as some of the facts he presented was not actually correct.

People are banging on about this being an illegal eviction. Was it?
    No one can make that assertion unless it's tested in the courts and if ANY eviction like this is going to take place, then a court order has to be signed and delivered in the first place. The Gardai are not going to go into a house unless they have some legal basis for doing so.

In other words, people make up their own truth when it suits them, and in this scenario, it suits people to say that its an illegal eviction.

Maybe it was? Perhaps it wasn't.

He's a Freeman and this isn't the first time.

The Ben Gilroy's of the world have a lot to answer for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mcdaids69

"https://www.thejournal.ie/dublin-eviction-5175006-Aug2020/"...something screams fake about video...that female garda not wearing mask and flick of hair for camera..this screams fake all round...

mcdaids69 wrote: »
    "https://www.thejournal.ie/dublin-eviction-5175006-Aug2020/"...something screams fake about video...that female garda not wearing mask and flick of hair for camera..this screams fake all round...

You might be onto something there. It seems like bait of some sort, to catch out certain fishy people and philosophies. The 'Im not racist but' mob seem to have been caught on the hop. Its a blatant injustice and misuse of Gardai, that many are seeking to jump through hoops to justify,thereby exposing themselves as totally ignorant , pavlovs dogs.

You might be onto something there. It seems like bait of some sort, to catch out certain fishy people and philosophies. The 'Im not racist but' mob seem to have been caught on the hop. Its a blatant injustice and misuse of Gardai, that many are seeking to jump through hoops to justify,thereby exposing themselves as totally ignorant , pavlovs dogs.

Well, with this type of thinking among our ranks how can one reasonably debate anything?

Yes, the video is an elaborate ruse to stoke racial tensions. :p

markodaly wrote: »
    Well, with this type of thinking among our ranks how can one reasonably debate anything?

Yes, the video is an elaborate ruse to stoke racial tensions. :p

I for one was being a bit ironic/tongue in cheek and am happy to debate the issue with anyone.
    Whats your own view , Mark?

Well the fact of the matter is, there seems to be a lot of confusion around this matter.

Well the fact of the matter is, there seems to be a lot of confusion around this matter.

Hmm. Yes there are unknowns but also actual video evidence of gards helping thugs throw somebody out of their home on dubious/unsubstansiated grounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,496 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

eviltwin wrote: »
    Landlord claims he knew nothing until the residents told him so who authorised this?

Have a quick google for him.
    Seems he is prone to boarding up his property, even against receivers

teddyhead wrote: »
    Hmm. Yes there are unknowns but also actual video evidence of gards helping thugs throw somebody out of their home on dubious/unsubstansiated grounds.

Again, you cannot make that statement as we have no idea what the facts are, so perhaps you should reserve judgment until we know the facts, like you said, in our last post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Considering whos backingbthem on social media, im inclined to believe the tenants are at fault, but does anyone know the status of who paid and who didnt to know who triggered this

Considering whos backingbthem on social media, im inclined to believe the tenants are at fault, but does anyone know the status of who paid and who didnt to know who triggered this

Apparently , the tenants paid rent but the landlord didnt pay for the house he was taking money for. I dont think the tenants are the villians here tbh. I dont think its all that confusing or grey area.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

teddyhead wrote: »
    Apparently , the tenants paid rent but the landlord didnt pay for the house he was taking money for. I dont think the tenants are the villians here tbh. I dont think its all that confusing or grey area.

If thats the case then absolutely on the landlord

Again, you cannot make that statement as we have no idea what the facts are, so perhaps you should reserve judgment until we know the facts, like you said, in our last post.

Fair enough but im not reserving judgement on people who instantly jumped in on the side of Goldman Sachs/the gards. Those people are total morons,imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mcdaids69

im not rebel rousing,im not effilated with politics,if i was id be independent.i see all sides of argument,had debit guys ring me over 30€,had bad letters due to joan burtons zone laws back wen the crash happened (two weeks notice or rent allowence stopped unless land lord takes deduction) and ive been turfed out in 2003 celtic tiger times and learned to be carefull who you pay the rent too ...this all screams a fake..the female guard is the giveaway,look at how all the guards have answered you at check points or to all the gemma crowd not one was off beat.this is a political party stunt me thinks ������

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

im not rebel rousing,im not effilated with politics,if i was id be independent.i see all sides of argument,had debit guys ring me over 30€,had bad letters due to joan burtons zone laws back wen the crash happened (two weeks notice or rent allowence stopped unless land lord takes deduction) and ive been turfed out in 2003 celtic tiger times and learned to be carefull who you pay the rent too ...this all screams a fake..the female guard is the giveaway,look at how all the guards have answered you at check points or to all the gemma crowd not one was off beat.this is a political party stunt me thinks ������

https://www.newstalk.com/news/gardai-present-dublin-eviction-following-999-call-1060579

Traditional media seem to believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,348 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought evictions were "off" over Covid19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

I'd love to see them do this to the squatters in one of the houses in my estate. We'd offer the evictors cake and biscuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought evictions were "off" over Covid19

The Fianna Fail Govt changed the rules within the last two weeks.

• Advertisement

Why didn’t the new owners/their legal team have the names of anyone living in the house? They obviously knew there were sitting tenants in there when they purchased it. Surely they were liaising directly with the tenants long before yesterday’s eviction?

Advertisement