Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just announced during State of Play, Hitman 3 and the complete trilogy will be completely playable in PSVR

• Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Just announced during State of Play, Hitman 3 and the complete trilogy will be completely playable in PSVR
    Even though I'm sh1t at Hitman games, I'd definitely give it a go in virtual reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,807 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Wonder does that include the free Hitman we got with Plus not too long ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Wonder does that include the free Hitman we got with Plus not too long ago...

Some more details here
    https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-vr/

Sounds like you can play old Hitman 1/2 on VR once you own the new Hitman 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

I must say I didn't see that one coming at all.
    Not one I might play but very interesting.

Vadar immortal getting a release date makes me happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,620 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Outstanding on Hitman! Is that exclusive to PSVR? If so, that's a major win.

Regarding Pistol Whip, I picked it up yesterday for my Quest and it's very cool, but I do feel it's a little repetitive with only 3 enemies? Are there unlockables?

Danger Ball worked me up into a sweat. Must change my t-shirt.

Vader Immortal just released today. 27 euro on the store

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Vader Immortal just released today. 27 euro on the store

That's all 3 episodes in one I'm guessing?

mrcheez wrote: »
    That's all 3 episodes in one I'm guessing?

Yep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Yep

Just finished episode one. Pretty decent. Also, that’s a great James Earl Jones impersonation.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

After a whirlwind romance with the PSVR, I sold it to CEX for €217 (almost half of a PS5 I imagine). I absolutely loved it, the best tech I ever used but I just wasn't getting the use out of it to justify keeping it when I want to preorder PS5 and need the cash for it.

I found myself only having time for it late at night when I'd either be too tired or completely wired after it which didn't help sleep. Goodnight PSVR, maybe we'll meet somewhere down the road again...

Thanks to all on here for the great recommendations and discussions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Two PSVR announcements on the PlayStation Blog today.

First one is : This week is PSVR Spotlight week, with sales, new reveals and
    updates on upcoming games.

Second one is : Minecraft will get a PSVR update this month.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Goodnight PSVR, maybe we'll meet somewhere down the road again...
    I'm sure you will :)

I was tempted to do the same, but I'm gonna wait until I have the PS5 and see if there's any improvement. If not, if if nothing special, I'll sell then and get PSVR2 when they release it. Like yourself Zero, I'm not using it much/at all these days, but I'm a sucker for keeping stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I was tempted to do the same, but I'm gonna wait until I have the PS5 and see if there's any improvement. If not, if if nothing special, I'll sell then and get PSVR2 when they release it. Like yourself Zero, I'm not using it much/at all these days, but I'm a sucker for keeping stuff...

I don't think the PS5 can improve it much, its the PSVR hardware itself thats somewhat limited in terms of optical resolution in the lenses. An improved frame rate pushed to each eye could help, but the resolution issue can only be solved through new hardware.

Could be worth checking out the new Oculus Quest due to be released soon which might be around €299, but bear in mind the requirement to link with Facebook for all new headsets so that might be a turn off.

But the wireless freedom and sharp visuals really make a huge difference so worth considering.

In fact the total amount earned from selling off the PSVR might be enough to buy the new headset (if sold on adverts rather than Cex)

I was thinking of that option too. But I just know I'd get a Quest and still wouldn't play it as much as it's not an Index... I'm terrible to myself, but unless the PSVR2 is something special, I think a Quest is the job. Linking to Facebook wouldn't bother me, barely use it anymore, like a throwaway email!

I was thinking of that option too. But I just know I'd get a Quest and still wouldn't play it as much as it's not an Index... I'm terrible to myself, but unless the PSVR2 is something special, I think a Quest is the job. Linking to Facebook wouldn't bother me, barely use it anymore, like a throwaway email!

As long as it's a legit account you should be ok, but I have a fake account and I'm not going to connect it to my Quest since they have been known to ban fake accounts and that also means all games tied to that account are gone.

As long as it's a legit account you should be ok, but I have a fake account and I'm not going to connect it to my Quest since they have been known to ban fake accounts and that also means all games tied to that account are gone.

Oh tis legit alright, just don't really use it other than some pages I follow, so no issues with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Confirmed today that the new ps5 camera is not compatible with psvr. Also, you'll still need your ps4 dualshock to play psvr games....

Are games from PlayStation VR backward compatible?

Yes, PlayStation VR games are included among the thousands of PS4 games that are playable on PS5. Please note that playing PS VR games on a PS5 console requires a PS VR headset, DualShock 4 wireless controller or PlayStation Move controller(s), and PS Camera (for PS4), which are sold separately from the PS5 console. Also, the PS5 HD Camera is not compatible with PS VR on PS5. You’ll need to use the PS Camera (for PS4), and the PS Camera adaptor (no purchase required), to use PS VR on PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Confirmed today that the new ps5 camera is not compatible with psvr. Also, you'll still need your ps4 dualshock to play psvr games....

Are games from PlayStation VR backward compatible?

Yes, PlayStation VR games are included among the thousands of PS4 games that are playable on PS5. Please note that playing PS VR games on a PS5 console requires a PS VR headset, DualShock 4 wireless controller or PlayStation Move controller(s), and PS Camera (for PS4), which are sold separately from the PS5 console. Also, the PS5 HD Camera is not compatible with PS VR on PS5. You’ll need to use the PS Camera (for PS4), and the PS Camera adaptor (no purchase required), to use PS VR on PS5.

Pure anti consumer Sony again, it must be so easy to allow the ps5 controller to work with psvr, they know people are selling their old consoles to fund.new ones.

Pure anti consumer Sony again, it must be so easy to allow the ps5 controller to work with psvr, they know people are selling their old consoles to fund.new ones.

The new controller doesn’t have the lighting set up for tracking. Besides, Sony have your money from the initial hardware. Selling it to find new hardware is giving them more money.

Doesn't it seem odd they aren't supporting PSVR with the new hardware, unless of course they are planning a replacement for the camera-controlled version and going with inside-out tracking for the next headset

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

A company worth billions not caring about the consumer shock horror!

The fact a peripheral works with a new console day 1 and carrying over all most of your games is "nearly" a first.
    Remember how your PS2 controllers no longer worked in the PS3?
    Your PS1 light gun working with the PS2?
    The Duck hunt gun NES gun working with the snes?
    Your Master system cartridges working on a Megadrive?
    Having to buy software or upgrade when you went from windows 3.1 to 95/98 then to xp then windows vista/7/8/10?

Im not happy but im waiting to see what they say about psvr2 anyway, if it releases then maybe there will be fixes for the issues above.

I knew when they revealed the controller and the light bar was gone this was going to be an issue, so I'm not shocked.

I am Shocked the new camera doesn't work with the old hardware.

But hence the free adaptor that has being promised.

Ill save my rage until all the details are revealed and you can see the full picture.

Doesn't it seem odd they aren't supporting PSVR with the new hardware, unless of course they are planning a replacement for the camera-controlled version and going with inside-out tracking for the next headset

Not really. It's a legacy peripheral that requires legacy hardware. PSVR isn't just the headset, it's the whole system. The PSVR was already remarkable in making do with what Sony had lying around.

You'd be placing a burden on developers otherwise. You either force all developers to put the work and cost in to support the new camera (controller obviously wont work, so why bother anyway) or just let users use what they already have. Otherwise you'll split the library with some games refusing to work with certain cameras.

I'm sure patents have pointed out the inside tracking (PS5 hardware would suggest wireless as well) for the next gen, but the new HD camera is a bit of an oddity then. I'm sure who's buying it, or why.

PSVR is a legacy peripheral?

The PSVR is here to stay, but likely a new version will be released for the PS5

It's too popular for it to be considered legacy

PSVR is a legacy peripheral?

The PSVR is here to stay, but likely a new version will be released for the PS5

It's too popular for it to be considered legacy

Yes. The psvr is the very definition of a legacy peripheral on the ps5. Whether it’s popular or not, whether a successor comes or not is not relevant to the point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Considering picking up the VR for the ps4.what exactly do I need to play games.headseat and special controllers? Is there much point getting it now or shluls I wait for the ps5 VR.

Advertisement