Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you take a puff?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Baby Jane

Yes, just with drinks. I don't bum cigarettes off others though. What I do is: I buy a box of cigarettes at the start of a night out, smoke a few (a cigarette is so nice when you're starting to feel tipsy, but otherwise I don't find them enjoyable at all), throw the box of cigs into a drawer when I get home, and they sit there until the next time I go out, and so on. When they run out, I buy a box the next time I go out.
    I know it's bad for me though - smoking is smoking, whether heavy or occasional.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

I've been off them for a year now after smoking for about 10 years. I quit when I was pregnant but stupidly went back on them again. I didn't find it hard personally as I was just sick of them. I do miss them when I drink though so initially I used an e-cig but now I barely even use that. I've put on weight though since I quit, guess I just needed something to replace it :O.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,328 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Smoked on when I was at school because it seemed cool at the time, hated it and that was it for me.

I know people get addicted to the habit but at the same time I doubt anyone puts a fag in their mouth for the first time and thinks "this is lovely".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

The why keep doing it?

That shit never made sense to me. Would you keep drinking piss til you acquired a taste for it?

With all that we know about the stupid things, it's genuinely mind boggling.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Not for me anyway, Id rather a beer or a spliff if tis offered :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Quit them cold turkey back in August after 10+ years on them, smoked on 2 nights out around Xmas where I realised I even didn't enjoy smoking anymore. I feel a lot better off them and now I put the money saved into drinking and trying out all kinds of new beers so.........win-win for me :pac:

I thought I'd have a lot more trouble getting off them but after the initial few weeks of wondering what to do with myself and breaking out of the routine I honestly just ended up forgetting about them.

Advertisement