Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Bacon and Cabbage :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,209 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Autosport wrote: »
    Bacon and Cabbage :)

Had it twice over the last couple of weeks. Very enjoyable with Mashed spuds of course.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

Sirloin steak on the BBQ, with mushrooms done in garlic and butter. A nice cous cous salad with tomatoes and basil leaves on the side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,359 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

It's the day before shopping so making room in the freezer, beef stroganoff, rice and chips with a glass (bottle) of red, very tasty.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

It's the day before shopping so making room in the freezer, beef stroganoff, rice and chips with a glass (bottle) of red, very tasty.

Similar here. Chicken curry, rice and chips. I'm having a beer first though. I love a hot curry after a few cold ones.

Taking a Sirloin out of the freezer for tomorrow night. Got a delivery of Szechuan sauce today so planning tomorrow already. Southern fried style chicken fillets for the girls with mash, corn and gravy. A repeat of last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

spag bol made with a teaspoon of instant coffee, cant really notice it tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

She's on the wine and I'm on the gin, but in an hour we are having lloyd Grossman jar of balti sauce cooked slow with lamb and basmati rice and naan bread.

For desert I might have 200g of cadburys or 10 kit kats

I need more info.

Are you adding instant coffee to the dinner and if so why?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

A Bolognese here as well. Always a great excuse to open a bottle of red.

The red wine is gone here but I googled a bottle of Japanese stuff that's in the drinks cabinet a while now mainly because the bottle looks different and I've found another (this time legitimate) way to use some of my mint harvest.

That's my excuse anyway and I'm sticking to it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I need more info.

Are you adding instant coffee to the dinner and if so why?

I heard it's a thing, but never tried it. Seems odd.

The red wine is gone here but I googled a bottle of Japanese stuff that's in the drinks cabinet a while now mainly because the bottle looks different and I've found another (this time legitimate) way to use some of my mint harvest.

That's my excuse anyway and I'm sticking to it.

You do know that both of us will be heading to Rehab soon.:D

Grandeeod wrote: »
    You do know that both of us will be heading to Rehab soon.:D

We'll liven the place up anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Scrambled egg with some spring onion diced into it on toast with a cuppa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Can you taste the difference the coffee makes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Mug of hot chocolate

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Hippykitten

Thai Green Curry is on the menu tonight.

Thai Green Curry is on the menu tonight.

One of my all time faves! If no pics, at least describe it's beauty!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Hippykitten

One of my all time faves! If no pics, at least describe it's beauty!

Grandeeod, it’s gorgeous and even more so as ... it was made & served by a yummy man.

• Advertisement

Grandeeod, it’s gorgeous and even more so as ... it was made & served by a yummy man.

Any pic of the yummy man?😂

Homemade burgers, chips and onion rings tonight, coleslaw for myself also.I bought the burger sauce in Aldi today, I don't really like it tbh.

I cleaned out my drinks cupboard a few weeks ago,dumped stuff that was there for years, a few bottles of peach schnapps bought on holidays probably, plastic bottles of gin,all unopened but just taking up room. I kept a boxed bottle of Remy Martin ,must be there 15 years but I like the box 😂. I've never drank it before and doubt I'll ever open it but I couldn't dump it.

I'm the yummy man in this house every night, even though Mrs G doesn't realise it! Enjoy!

Smoked mackerel with salad and bread and sauerkraut.

IMG-20200429-224753.jpg

I am a fan of simple random foods.

Pea and kale soup with pork rillette on toasted rye.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Eating a skittles sour ice pop from Iceland they are devine :pac:

Shopping done today so spoiled for choice. Did a chicken curry with plenty fresh peppers, shallots, red onion, garlic and ginger. Stir fried the lot then added a tin of coconut milk, heated that up until it bubbled and then added a jar of medium curry sauce. Served with egg fried rice and a cold bottle of Molson.

Fresh fruit salad then for after, red grapes, blueberries, red apples and plums.

• Advertisement

I do love shopping day dinners. Always the best.

Chicken leek and sweetcorn pasta bake here, with a side of garlic bread baguette. Happy out.

Shopping done today so spoiled for choice. Did a chicken curry with plenty fresh peppers, shallots, red onion, garlic and ginger. Stir fried the lot then added a tin of coconut milk, heated that up until it bubbled and then added a jar of medium curry sauce. Served with egg fried rice and a cold bottle of Molson.

Fresh fruit salad then for after, red grapes, blueberries, red apples and plums.

Can't see that attachment and once you said Curry, I gotta have a look.:D

A case of Molson for 17 quid today. (20 bottles) Kero for half price the other day. WTF!:eek:

Can't see that attachment and once you said Curry, I gotta have a look.:D

A case of Molson for 17 quid today. (20 bottles) Kero for half price the other day. WTF!:eek:

The forum is acting up a bit with pictures this evening, it was visible earlier and now can't load. It'll be back again.

I grabbed a box of that Molson too today and won't be needing to buy oil for a couple of years after today's delivery. Bought a ton of ovoids too last week and have enough timber cut to last a long long time. You gotta make hay when the sun shines!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,615 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Cooking like mad since the lockdown sourdough bread, pulled pork, quiche, looked up deli sandwiches and doing them for lunch, themed dinners.

The forum is acting up a bit with pictures this evening, it was visible earlier and now can't load. It'll be back again.

I grabbed a box of that Molson too today and won't be needing to buy oil for a couple of years after today's delivery. Bought a ton of ovoids too last week and have enough timber cut to last a long long time. You gotta make hay when the sun shines!

My oil tank can only hold so much,:D but I wish the price of Gas would collapse so I could stash a few bottles for emergencies. Got another 80 odd litres of oil into drums from my delivery the other day.

Anyway, a sirloin steak, sauteed mushrooms, chips and Szechuan sauce soon enough.

• Advertisement

mariaalice wrote: »
    Cooking like mad since the lockdown sourdough bread, pulled pork, quiche, looked up deli sandwiches and doing them for lunch, themed dinners.

Been trying to source a shoulder of pork to do pulled pork on Sunday, Dunnes don't stock them as pre-packed and their butcher's counter is gone in my local one. The butcher's in the shopping centre also don't stock it as they say it doesn't sell, and a local butcher also had none. Need to widen my search field.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Garlic, honey and soy crispy chicken with rice and scallions. Made it all myself and it’s almost as good as a takeaway but a lot healthier.

Very pleased with myself! :D

A glass of red wine from eastern Australia

VW 1 wrote: »
    Been trying to source a shoulder of pork to do pulled pork on Sunday, Dunnes don't stock them as pre-packed and their butcher's counter is gone in my local one. The butcher's in the shopping centre also don't stock it as they say it doesn't sell, and a local butcher also had none. Need to widen my search field.

You could still do pulled pork from some chops or any other cut if you had it.

Goujons of pollock, real chips, peas and gravy with a cold bottle or 4 of Molson.

Half a large bar of plain milk chocolate from the freezer.

It took me 7 weeks to discover the mother in law can't eat chocolate from the freezer, Jesus Christ I'm a slow learner.

Same dinner as last night because those twin packs of Sirloin steaks from Supervalu have to be used if you forget to freeze the other one.:D

The ladies of the house slummed it with a pizza, garlic bread and chips. Molson here too as it was a giveaway price for a box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

VW 1 wrote: »

Havent made pulled pork in a couple of years but when I did Tesco usually had a shoulder of around 1.5kg. Or if not there then some Polish shops also stock them.

Anyway Friday night pizza here tonight, except with no cheese cause I only realised I was out of mozzeralla after Id already lit the wood in the pizza oven, doh :( . Topped with pancetta, chorizo and basil. Was delicious even though I nearly burnt it, I only cooked this for 60 seconds, another 15 or 20 and it was getting properly burnt. Was delicious anyway, if I had more dough I'd go back out the garden and make another one.

pizza.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Any pic of the yummy man?��

+1

veg omelette here.

.... waits for yummy man

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Havent made pulled pork in a couple of years but when I did Tesco usually had a shoulder of around 1.5kg. Or if not there then some Polish shops also stock them.

Anyway Friday night pizza here tonight, except with no cheese cause I only realised I was out of mozzeralla after Id already lit the wood in the pizza oven, doh :( . Topped with pancetta, chorizo and basil. Was delicious even though I nearly burnt it, I only cooked this for 60 seconds, another 15 or 20 and it was getting properly burnt. Was delicious anyway, if I had more dough I'd go back out the garden and make another one.

pizza.jpg

Anyone that even contemplates a pizza without cheese needs a serious slap, I'll have to settle for giving you a written warning though.

Don't let it happen again Muhahaha, I'm surprised at you, shocked actually.

I'm contemplating building a pizza oven out of some fire bricks I salvaged from a few storage heaters, lots of other stuff to do first though.

Yeah I know RG it wasnt quite the same with no cheese. Im gonna have to put a packet of mozzeralla in the freezer from now on so that never again will there be a repeat of this shameful disrepect of good pizza.

Funny you say about the firebricks in the storage heaters- I just donated mine to a poster on here who is also building a pizza oven with them. Neat trick, if I had the DIY skills I would have gone that route myself but me and brickwork dont get on :o

• Advertisement

Yeah I know RG it wasnt quite the same with no cheese. Im gonna have to put a packet of mozzeralla in the freezer from now on so that never again will there be a repeat of this shameful disrepect of good pizza.

Funny you say about the firebricks in the storage heaters- I just donated mine to a poster on here who is also building a pizza oven with them. Neat trick, if I had the DIY skills I would have gone that route myself but me and brickwork dont get on :o

I'd love to see that finished project if it goes ahead, It'll be a while before I have the outdoor space for mine ready but it would be a shame not to put the fire bricks to good use.

Thanks for the advice, but managed to get the shoulder and it shall be cooked for tomorrow in the slow cooker.

Indian here this evening, lovely Rogan Josh, nice level of spice.

Anyway Friday night pizza here tonight, except with no cheese cause I only realised I was out of mozzeralla after Id already lit the wood in the pizza oven, doh :( . Topped with pancetta, chorizo and basil. Was delicious even though I nearly burnt it, I only cooked this for 60 seconds, another 15 or 20 and it was getting properly burnt. Was delicious anyway, if I had more dough I'd go back out the garden an

That looks amazing!

Corned beef and sauerkraut on sourdough.

Sparked the bbq and had a burger topped with cheese and jalapenos and some red pepper relish. While eating that I cooked almost a kilo of tandoori chicken thighs. Ate two of them so far and might go back for a third later on. No salad, no veggies, just meat :)

tandoori.jpg

Made some pickled red onions too, my first time ever pickling anything. They're in the fridge now in an airtight jar and should be ready in about two weeks or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

A nice cold bottle of Heineken, trying to decide what we'll have for dinner, had a big breakfast so thinking maybe just a toasted sandwich or something simple like that,

Roast lamb for dinner and apple tart and icecream for dessert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

I'm having a pitta bread stuffed with chopped up burgers, lettuce, onion, tomatoe and drenched in tzatziki and taco sauce, and to wash this delicacy down I will have half a bottle of gin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭ablelocks

branie2 wrote: »
    Roast lamb for dinner and apple tart and icecream for dessert.

snap - made all the tastier by my parents cooking it for us!

• Advertisement

Plans for later: Roasted carrots with humous, pumpkin seeds and toasted rye bread.

But what I really want is this:

Pimientos del piquillo rellenos de atún

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/04/piquillo-pepper-tuna-spanish-tapas-easy-recipe.html

Advertisement