Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

King cheese and onion squashed between two slices of Brennan’s white sliced pan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

Mighty Mac, for soakage purposes

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,022 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Beef Potpie

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

What a weekend!:eek: Great food and drinks.:D Great company too.

The 17th was celebrated at a Parade after watching Flight of the Doves, then a couple of pints in a pub and a home party. I did a "serve yourself" Bacon, cabbage and mash on a big platter. A few jugs of parsley sauce on the side. I have a photo, but can't upload until I get the phone back! Soaked up the early drinks. It was feckin fab! Some finger food later in the evening courtesy of Iceland. Had a few Craft lagers and a great sing song of mainly rebel songs with a few paddies and a few from further afield.

Woke up this morning with a serious hunger pang. Me, Mrs G and little G hit Supermacs for a recovery programme.:D Job done. Suppin a few crafties now and ordering a little Chinese for moi.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Grandeeod wrote: »
    What a weekend!:eek: Great food and drinks.:D Great company too.

The 17th was celebrated at a Parade after watching Flight of the Doves, then a couple of pints in a pub and a home party. I did a "serve yourself" Bacon, cabbage and mash on a big platter. A few jugs of parsley sauce on the side. I have a photo, but can't upload until I get the phone back! Soaked up the early drinks. It was feckin fab! Some finger food later in the evening courtesy of Iceland. Had a few Craft lagers and a great sing song of mainly rebel songs with a few paddies and a few from further afield.

Woke up this morning with a serious hunger pang. Me, Mrs G and little G hit Supermacs for a recovery programme.:D Job done. Suppin a few crafties now and ordering a little Chinese for moi.:D
    My kind of weekend Grand, sounds like great craic

• Advertisement

GoneHome wrote: »
    My kind of weekend Grand, sounds like great craic

Simple enough stuff GH, yet very enjoyable. The older I get the better the get togethers become. :D Still a bit hoarse from the singing and soothing it with a Frank's lager by McGargles.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Hoarse here as well today Grand, great trad/singing session in the local at 3.00 pm yesterday, we left it at 8.00 and it was still going strong

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

Stew and Kentucky Ale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

It’s 11:20 and I’m eating a bowl of coco pops with hot milk.
    I guess I give up being an adult today :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Infonovice

Lempsip
    and a Strepsil:p

• Advertisement

A bit of cheeriness.:D Has the post bank holiday weekend depression kicked in?:eek: Is anyone eatin' or drinkin' anything tonight?

I'm ashamed to say that despite my culinary skills in the kitchen, I have temporarily fallen for the McDonnell's chicken curry recipe. Having an extra hot one tonight by adding chilli oil. Red pepper and onion in the mix. An Iceland pilau rice portion. Gonna have an ice cold Tiger beer with it. Netflix and bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Dry roasted peanuts .

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Dry roasted peanuts .

And.........???:D

I munched through some KP chilli nuts today.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Had Cod, broccoli and chips for dinner

Snacking on minstrels now

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Grandeeod wrote: »
    And.........???:D

I munched through some KP chilli nuts today.

Lol , just the nuts :p

Fish fingers earlier , and cake bread :D

Still a little bit left ... would be good with butter and jam and a cuppa !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Chocolate biscuits and lemon cake with friends earlier this evening

Had Salmon and broccoli for dinner

Tried Tayto Muchos and they are delicious :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hot nuts

Hot nuts

Not laughing :D

Nope not laughing :D

Glass of water

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

A whole huge soft boiled goose egg.. I am stuffed!
    I can see the geese from my window; free range, grass eating with a pond to play in. Happy geese..

when i was on the North Sea island and had geese, I was taught, 8 minutes from cold for a hard white and soft yolk

Need a nap after that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Pasta and chicken in a tomato sauce with mushrooms and onions that mam made last night. It’s gone a bit dry tbh, but it’s nice to have some hot food to eat while I’m at college

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Just roasted a whole chicken, served with chunky carrot and asparagus

Made wedges from frozen, I find any frozen potato based food doesn't cook in the oven, are there steps to take before putting them in ðŸ§ðŸ§

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Deja Boo wrote: »
    a deconstructed ham an cheese omelette

aka: scrambled eggs :o the omelette refused to flip

It's so devastating when that happens!!

Just had chicken curry made from scratch...bit too acidic for me at the minute..hubby loved it though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I am eating a Catch bar. Made in the Republic of Trinidad & Tobago :D

chish and fips and coffee

Lasagne and chips

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

A mandarin

A mandarin

ditto!

Autosport wrote: »
    Lasagne and chips

I had the same at lunchtime with coleslaw too.

I've just finished making "Pub Curry" - that's a curry made from McDonnells curry sauce. As I said before, loads of Pubs use it.:D

Opening a bottle of Tiger. Finishing off some work and an early night then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Salmon, mashed sweet potato, broccoli, cauliflower and roasted cherry tomatoes with a glass of Malbec.

Advertisement