Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Chinafoot wrote: »
    I have a HTC Desire and thought the official WW app was currently only available on iPhone. Could be wrong though. I'm happy enough with my calculator and notebook :)

the app for WP7(windows phone7) is only a points calculator, not a tracker:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

holly magolly

crap weekend with food , starting fresh in the morning , so poor , everuthing went out the window FFS :mad: and weigh in tommorow :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

The official WW app is only really good if you're paid member on the UK site... It has recipes etc but thats really it..

A friend had a calculator and tracker in one app on the htc, must find out the name of it!

Just did 20 mins of Zumba...too soon after eating and now I feel very ill! But at least I did it!

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    ww are bringing out official ww app for Windows Mobile and android soon.

but there are paid ww apps on android market website at the moment

hey GTI take a look over at the telecommunications forum on here...i say they'll be able to help ya about about setting up profile. you get the phone from the uk?
    no, bought here. I think my windows live profile is the problem

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Layla0509 wrote: »
    This is the lightest I've been in over 9 yrs so why am I sabotaging myself I've had a 5 day binge haven't been able to stop Thursday to today it's really upsetting me coz I don't know why I'm doing it, one sec I'll be like what the frig is wrong with me gotta be good then the next breath practically I'm reaching for the crisps and Choc feel rotten for it to which makes it worse
    
    It's my TOTM I'm not usually this bad with them I feel out of control!!!!![/QUOTE

Oh my god you have just described me down to a tee and i mean every last word. This weekend has by far been my worst since I started back in January. Have my totm too and I'm tellin you that kitchen press is about to fall off its hinges the amount of times I have gone in there to grab a biscuit or 2 or 3. I am really struggling to get back to the motivation I had in the very first week where I was eating 3 meals a day with 2 snacks and only dipping into my weeklies at the weekend. I have defo be one reliant on my activity points which I really didn't want to do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

misslt wrote: »
    The official WW app is only really good if you're paid member on the UK site... It has recipes etc but thats really it..

A friend had a calculator and tracker in one app on the htc, must find out the name of it!

Just did 20 mins of Zumba...too soon after eating and now I feel very ill! But at least I did it!

wwdiary

https://market.android.com/details?id=uk.co.md2.android.wwpoints&feature=search_result

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Hope everyone had a nice Easter. I've been catching up on all the posts & you all seem to have had.

Spent most of Sat travelling to the inlaws, so managed to stick to 29pp. Sunday I think it works out at 58pp (& that only included 2pp for chocolate, but 15pp for alcohol). Today, again spent most of the day travelling back, but then went to my friend's 40th when I got home, so it works out about 38pp (Was driving so no drink today). Very pleased to have stayed within my weeklies as my week ends tonight & I can start with a full 49 again tomorrow.

Don't know how the scales will go because I didn't get out the door at all for a walk. Yesterday my 4 yr old fell & got a bad cut on her knee & then wanted to spend the rest of the day sitting on my knee, so I couldn't get out. Now today my 9 yr old has come out in chicken pox, so I'll be stuck in the house for about the next week while she's infectious (my husband is working every day from now to next Sat & is away from 8am til 10pm when he's on shift). Don't even know if I'll make it to a WI this week. And worst of all, I am booked to go to Disneyland Paris next Monday for 4 nights with my 2 girls & I'm worried incase my 9 yr old still is infectious & we can't fly or my 4 yr old get it while we're away & we can't fly home.:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tattoo86

Got that app a couple weeks ago, i think it great for the money, no problems so far with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

GOOD FOR YOU! It may be heaven on a plate...but you'll kick your self if you have another slice...you'll enjoy it for 2 minutes...but curse your self for the rest of the week. and at least its a family recipe...so its not like you can never have it again :) did you tell her you were doing ww? see if you can tweak it and make it a low pp value version

Didn't have to throw it out in the end, himself finished it off :) Was fairly good last night, had a WW Sticky Toffee Puddin for 4pp, then five Thornton Chocolates for 9pp, then I got out my sellotape and sellotaped up the box of chocolates again to save them for next weekend! :D Am a bit worried about WI this week, have used all my weeklies except for 11pp and have done a good bit of exercise, but TOTM this week so bit nervous that I will be up. I've never used that many weeklies before, but my leader recommended that I try using them - hope I don't regret it on Thurs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Best of luck to everyone this week :D I'm not going to eat any weeklies till Saturday (High Tea) and not eat my activity points, it's gonna be hard as I've a two night weekend but i'll do it :D WI is Friday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 conaid

Eat so much at the weekend I have put on 4 pounds between sat and sunday. So much it wouldnt fit on the tracker so I stopped tracking. Trying to get back on track today but loads of goodies in the house still so it will be hard. Seems like I'm not alone with the bad weekend. Was going to do just fruit all day but reading back over thread that doesnt seem like a good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

+1 on the bad weekend!!
    OMG!! i managed to stay on track yesterday.. and friday wasnt too bad.. but sat & sun were a disgrace!!! specially saturday.. Loads of drink, dinner out.. At least I managed to stay away from easter eggs.. but the OH got a basket full of chocolate coins and a few of them magically disappeared.. in my belly that is!! :(

Ah well, at least i managed three 6k walks.. yesterday i didnt walk at all, but did stay within my points..

So.. new start from yesterday, WI tomorrow.. bricking it really, coz i had a nice loss last week.. all to put it back on this week.. :(

Back on track now.. hopefully for good!! :)

Just back from WI.

I made sure to eat breakfast as normal when I got up so I wasn't expecting too much...but I was down 4lb :D:D:D

Very happy, the weight I weighed in at was what I weighed when I had a sneaky look at the scales last night, so I'm very happy with it, don't think its too much of a false loss.

1 more lb to my next silver 7 :D

Just back from WI.

I made sure to eat breakfast as normal when I got up so I wasn't expecting too much...but I was down 4lb :D:D:D

Very happy, the weight I weighed in at was what I weighed when I had a sneaky look at the scales last night, so I'm very happy with it, don't think its too much of a false loss.

1 more lb to my next silver 7 :D

Well done :D i'd love a big number. i only seem to be able to pull out 1s and 1.5s lately...i'd kill for a 2 or 2.5

Looking back over last few days of my tracker...done ALOT of excercise compared to last few weeks. havent used any of my activity pp and only 5 of my weeklies...i think i better start eating some of my activity pp! I remember falling into this trap before...

I need to feed my body more energy to burn the fat :)

STEAK!

Any one want to hazard a guess as to how many points are in Coconut Drops?

these are little coconut 'buns' about 1" in diameter and just unde 1" tall

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

1st weigh in- stayed the same am delighted! I have to change back to evening meetings for a while because of work hopefully it'll be ok! Going to try and behave better this bank holiday but its so hard!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

hey everyone...
    have my wi in tonight... im so nervous after being up .5lbs last week:o i really want to have a big loss this week... stuck to plan and had a good week so fingers crossed...

• Registered Users Posts: 49 lizlemon

Hi All,

First WI today..
    Down 4 :-)
    Delighted, as I found the first week tricky at times, adjusting to pointing everything and trying to stay full and stay within points at the same time. Going to start doing more walking this week too, but happy with this start!

Well done to those who have had a loss this morning & good luck to the rest of you with WI later on. My class isn't on today because it is a bank holiday in the North. Might see if I can get to one tomorrow.

My daughters chicken pox aren't too bad today. Every time you looked at her yesterday, there was another one, but not too many more appeared overnight. Hopefully she has a mild case - she's not sick or sore, just a bit itchy. So I have decided to pack them into the car & head down to Donegal so my parents can look after them so I can get out for an hour's walk. It's such a beautiful day here. The things you have to do just to get an hour to yourself!

Making a pot of soup (I know it's not soup weather) to back into healthy eating routine & I'm having stirfry for dinner. Had a sneaky peek at the scales this morning & according to mine (not very reliable) I seem to have lost the gain I had last week:D. Truth will tell tomorrow if I can get to a meeting.

fofany wrote: »
    Well done to those who have had a loss this morning & good luck to the rest of you with WI later on. My class isn't on today because it is a bank holiday in the North. Might see if I can get to one tomorrow.

My daughters chicken pox aren't too bad today. Every time you looked at her yesterday, there was another one, but not too many more appeared overnight. Hopefully she has a mild case - she's not sick or sore, just a bit itchy. So I have decided to pack them into the car & head down to Donegal so my parents can look after them so I can get out for an hour's walk. It's such a beautiful day here. The things you have to do just to get an hour to yourself!

Making a pot of soup (I know it's not soup weather) to back into healthy eating routine & I'm having stirfry for dinner. Had a sneaky peek at the scales this morning & according to mine (not very reliable) I seem to have lost the gain I had last week:D. Truth will tell tomorrow if I can get to a meeting.

is it bank holiday in UK aswell? i'm waiting on stuff to come from uk...and i'm about to lose the plot if its not here soon....all the extra bank holidays might explain the delay....i hate being that annoying nagging customer....

• Advertisement

is it bank holiday in UK aswell? i'm waiting on stuff to come from uk...and i'm about to lose the plot if its not here soon....all the extra bank holidays might explain the delay....i hate being that annoying nagging customer....

Don't want to rain on your parade but Friday and next monday are too AFAIK!

I know one of the may bank holidays are different to ours but I think its the later one...I could be wrong though!

Don't want to rain on your parade but Friday and next monday are too AFAIK!

I know one of the may bank holidays are different to ours but I think its the later one...I could be wrong though!

oh i know next week is...that shouldnt effect the stuff...cos they are tiny things im waiting on...fit thru the letter box kinda thing....even with the various bank holidays over there and here last few days....they SHOULD be here before next week. thought only next monday is the bank holidays. i dont think friday is in ROI, last friday was cos Good Friday.

OOOOOH willy and katie getting hitched, so thats a UK bank holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Tuesday blues.

Well they are usually the Monday blues but I have them today.

Don't know what it is but the first day of the working week is always my HUNGRIEST.

Had fruit salad and yoghurt for brekkie, grapes and WW yoghurt for 11am break and I was RAVENOUS by 12.45pm so went on lunch bit earlier than usual. Only had a tuna salad with me so went over to the canteen and got 2 slices of soda bread and a pack of treble crunch.

Also got a banana for the afternoon in case I get hungry again. Was so hard to resist just getting a big dinner with chips and everything over there but glad I did.

Well done on your losses girls.

Yes, we have loads of bank holidays at the moment. We don't get Good Friday, but get Easter Tuesday instead. Then the extra one on Friday for the royal wedding & then May Day next week too. And we have an election Thurs of next week too, which means most schools are closed for polling stations. This is why my children's school has decided to take extra holidays next week & I will (unless chicken pox stops us) be taking advantage of cheaper flights & going to Disneyland Paris.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mdbatches

Guys I could really do with some moral support!

I completely fell off the wagon over the weekend, seriously I weighed myself friday and today and im up 8 pounds.

I dont know how I lost the run of myself, I didnt point anything and grazed the whole time. Dreading the weigh in tomorrow, dont think il go, I might just give myself a week to empty out.

Its my birthday tomorrow aswell and I was doing so well I could have bet the stone for my birthday, instead Im nearly back to square one. Im so disappointed with myself. I was so motivated. I climbed croagh patrick at the weekend and everything! If I go to class tomorrow our leader makes us tell the class our results and Itl be so demoralisng to say Ive put on half a stone in a week. Im back on track today, but im feeling a bit low! Sorry to whine, I hope everyone else enjoyed their weekend!

fofany wrote: »
    Yes, we have loads of bank holidays at the moment. We don't get Good Friday, but get Easter Tuesday instead. Then the extra one on Friday for the royal wedding & then May Day next week too. And we have an election Thurs of next week too, which means most schools are closed for polling stations. This is why my children's school has decided to take extra holidays next week & I will (unless chicken pox stops us) be taking advantage of cheaper
    flights & going to Disneyland Paris.

one day is going to blend into the next once my exams are over. but hopefully i'll have dogs to groom. going to take saturday and sunday appointments too...so i dont get the "its the weekend...lets eat" attacks :p

Might start showing a few dogs too...anything to keep me busy...that involves what i've actually studied.

Must get my camera fixed too, wanna actually get out of the house and start taking pictures again. The Queen coming to Cork...no one ever comes to cork! So i'll try and nab a few snaps. I want to go whale watching down in west cork, and want to get some up close critter pics of the animals in fota....as long as i have coffee :P I dont need the fridge LOL

this is a great blog on cooking and baking while on a diet and the writer is irish so the brands she uses are here in our own local supermakets :D

http://suppersatisfaction.blogspot.com/p/tips-tricks.html

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

mdbatches wrote: »
    Guys I could really do with some moral support!

I completely fell off the wagon over the weekend, seriously I weighed myself friday and today and im up 8 pounds.

I dont know how I lost the run of myself, I didnt point anything and grazed the whole time. Dreading the weigh in tomorrow, dont think il go, I might just give myself a week to empty out.

Its my birthday tomorrow aswell and I was doing so well I could have bet the stone for my birthday, instead Im nearly back to square one. Im so disappointed with myself. I was so motivated. I climbed croagh patrick at the weekend and everything! If I go to class tomorrow our leader makes us tell the class our results and Itl be so demoralisng to say Ive put on half a stone in a week. Im back on track today, but im feeling a bit low! Sorry to whine, I hope everyone else enjoyed their weekend!

Is your scales reliable? 8lbs seems very high for one week. Regardless, the week is over now and you just need to start again. I know its hard when you've been off it for a couple of days (I know all about that!) but once you're back on track it'll start getting easier again.

I skipped WI the week before last for that very same reason, and i totally regreatted it. I thought i'd do a detox week, but that never happened and i ended up on a 10 day binge instead of nipping it in the bud after the WI. Defo recommend you go to your WI and stay for the class to try motivate yourself again - good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Its the bank holiday later on in may(whitsun) which is different we have ours on the 1st monday in june.

My splurge lasted well into yesterday as well more chocolate sausages rolls a fry up and jellys and a chip butty so gross all he food i ate....
    doing well today but its a disaster when the kids are home also have a big party on friday night the parents are married 50 years so a big do in the local rugby club and all the cousins home for the weekend so it will continue on saturday with a trip to thomond park (drink Drink drink and a bit of a match) and probably an all day session......help help

If i could get a stay the same this week till be a miracle ....:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 mdbatches

Dee01 wrote: »
    Is your scales reliable? 8lbs seems very high for one week. Regardless, the week is over now and you just need to start again. I know its hard when you've been off it for a couple of days (I know all about that!) but once you're back on track it'll start getting easier again.

I skipped WI the week before last for that very same reason, and i totally regreatted it. I thought i'd do a detox week, but that never happened and i ended up on a 10 day binge instead of nipping it in the bud after the WI. Defo recommend you go to your WI and stay for the class to try motivate yourself again - good luck

Ya the scales is usually spot on, its a weight watchers scales. However, Im putting some of it down to water retention cos Id say im a bit dehydrated from the alcohol.

My mother has been coaxing me to go the class and yer probably right. Ill just have to bite the bullet. its so disappointing though, Ive just realised that I will ALWAYS have to watch what I eat. I wont get away with anything! Thanks a million dee, this thread is a great source of motivation. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement