Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Takeaway in Lucan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

some of the chinese's in clondakin will deliver to lucan, check www.just-eat.ie for a list of them. yummy yummy in clondakin is my favorite these days

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,670 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

+1 The Tasty Chinese

Although the last two times I've ordered from them they never delivered. Seems the drivers are refusing to come to certain estates anymore. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭reddevilfan

I live in lucan almost 2 years, big fan of chinese but my local aint up to it over at spar so i have been eating from the wok shop in clondalkin.. That is until last week when the chinese above the watterside pub called Pattaya was recommended to me, And i have to say it was delicious and very very tasty...

Anyone else agree

I live in lucan almost 2 years, big fan of chinese but my local aint up to it over at spar so i have been eating from the wok shop in clondalkin.. That is until last week when the chinese above the watterside pub called Pattaya was recommended to me, And i have to say it was delicious and very very tasty...

Anyone else agree
    have you got a link to the menu? and ill give my opion over the weekend!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 thatsme

Tasty in Dodsboro does it for me every time - they are excellent!!! Never had a bad meal from it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Ongarian

Famous from Lucan village for me....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

I'm a big fan of the Tasty. Their curry is second to none.

Famous has gone downhill in the last few years but I'm told their 4in1 is still awesome. I prefer Chinatown if I'm in the Village.

There's a new Thai take away open in Lucan Village, close to the boys school, called Mango Tree. Had a Pad Thai from their at the weekend and it was spot on. Will be trying out other stuff from the menu this weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭G.muny

Sorry for going kinda off topic but what are everyones favourite chippers in Lucan. Anyone Ive tried has been poor but then again some i havent tried in ages
    The chipper beside Euro Spar is lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭brick tamland

G.muny wrote: »
    The chipper beside Euro Spar is lovely

Granted I havent been in a year but I always found it brutal to be honest. Must give it another try

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Granted I havent been in a year but I always found it brutal to be honest. Must give it another try

I've started using Regal Fare a good bit over the last few months. It's improved considerably. It used to be pretty poor but i gave it a second chance and it is a lot better than it used to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Just got stuff from the Pizza place beside the Roma in the village.

Pizza and Pork ribs were fine. Chicken wings and I don't usually say this about Chicken wings, were awesome. My complements to the little fella behind the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lorefold

Got a piece of beef or some other ex-animal in my vegetarian chow mein today. May look appetising for some but a word of warning for veggies out there ;)

9bntM.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

I ordered a delivery from Tasty in Dodsboro tonight and thought it was awful.
    Could do with finding a nice Chinese,also find the one beside the Lord Lucan to be very hit and miss.

Best takeway in Lucan for non Chinese food IMO is Pregos in Ballyowen.
    Defo the best pizzas around.

Casey78 wrote: »
    I ordered a delivery from Tasty in Dodsboro tonight and thought it was awful.
    Could do with finding a nice Chinese,also find the one beside the Lord Lucan to be very hit and miss.

Best takeway in Lucan for non Chinese food IMO is Pregos in Ballyowen.
    Defo the best pizzas around.

Ive given up on the one in the lord lucan, thought its gone downill over the last few years. Preggos is good alright, as are take aways (Pizza/pasta) from Di Bella. Not sa big fan of any of the chinese take aways or chippers in Lucan (that Ive tried). Ate from the India house recenly and wasnt mad on it either. Saying that I only eat a take away every now and again so maybe some have improved lately

chand tandoori.
    my new favorite. ive been using it for months now. ive tried alot of things from the menu and its all delicious. the special chicken tikka is savage.

delivery is a bit slow but its well worth the wait

• Registered Users Posts: 64,886 ✭✭✭✭unkel

chand tandoori.
    my new favorite. ive been using it for months now. ive tried alot of things from the menu and its all delicious. the special chicken tikka is savage.

Not really a Chinese though, is it? :p

unkel wrote: »

Not really a Chinese though, is it? :p
    no its not but people are talking about pizza and chippers so why not idians? are you racist? :O

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ibebanging

Puzzle35 wrote: »
    Friend who lives in Esker orders from the BQ house in Palmerstown. Best Chinese take away food I have ever had and better than most chinese restaurants I've eaten in. Must pay her a visit very soon mmmmmmmmmmm :D
    Definitely have to agree !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

no its not but people are talking about pizza and chippers so why not idians? are you racist? :O

You're right. I'm calling Joe.

Chill out dude :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭DainBramage

will go with Chinatown in the village, I don't think i've ever waited more than 20 mins for a delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭1865

chand tandoori.

Have to agree with this - best Indian around.

Best Chinese is Miss Wongs in Leixlip imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 thatsme

Son had a chicken curry from chinatown in the village last night. Has been violently ill since early this morning. He said he thought that one of the chicken pieces tasted "a bit funny" Thats the last business they will get from us and I will also arrange a visit from the Health Inspectors for them

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dublinjackine

anyone know when the the old anadale is opening? beside mcdonalds i saw them renovation it few weeks back

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭CJ1

Always use Goodyear Chinese, based near Eurospar. The Mango Tree Thai take away in village is good too but a bit on the expensive side.

CJ1 wrote: »
    Always use Goodyear Chinese, based near Eurospar. The Mango Tree Thai take away in village is good too but a bit on the expensive side.
    Ive used the mango three a few times now and its great. Worth the money

Ive used the mango three a few times now and its great. Worth the money

Agreed. Its really really good.

Has anyone heard a date for the annadale reopening? It looks very nearly finished.
    I hope its as good as it used to be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Has anyone heard a date for the annadale reopening? It looks very nearly finished.
    I hope its as good as it used to be

Was open when I drove past at the weekend. Looks nice, but can't find any info online about menu etc. Seems to be called Annadale Cottage

bogmanfan wrote: »

Was open when I drove past at the weekend. Looks nice, but can't find any info online about menu etc. Seems to be called Annadale Cottage
    Ill drop in a get a menu in the next day or 2. Ill post a pic when i do. I hope they are doing deliveries unlike the old annadale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

bogmanfan wrote: »

Got a takeaway from here on Thursday which wasn't great. Ordered a Rendang Curry, and got some chicken in what could have been an Uncle Ben's curry sauce. Very bland. The starter of salt and chili chicken was ok. Also, it was very expensive at €16.50. I won't be going back.

Advertisement