Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Was there quads born in Clare earlier?
    Got sent a What'sApp about it but the source is iffy at best :D:D

Calves, obviously. Not the two legged's.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,055 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I'm having to have a spare battery pack on charge for to get the phone through the day.
    I thought it was just the powers that be wanting me to change the phone. :p

There's a new podcast just after starting by a Scottish Organic dairy farmer.
    In the first episode he interviews a South African farmer turned mentor who had a Damascus moment that turned him down a completely different road than where he used to be.

It's called The farmer Bryce podcast and Robbie Gass is his first interviewee.
    Season 1 Episode 1.

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1250312/4845335?fbclid=IwAR2zB9aRyypzgsdjBwaMlpzwWDHq7Do0TuUnM_m1kS7WejwCXGPwFzkvKJs

• Registered Users Posts: 29,085 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

How about turning off bluetooth when on farm or milking. Going to try that today. You're not going to be in contact with anyone really when on farm

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Mossie1975

Just checked my battery usage and Covid app only at 2% usage. Maybe you have location services, background app refresh on etc. (They used to eat a lot of my battery)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,475 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Mossie1975 wrote: »
    Just checked my battery usage and Covid app only at 2% usage. Maybe you have location services, background app refresh on etc. (They used to eat a lot of my battery)

Yea.
    I looked there and 3% for last 24hrs

• Advertisement

I think it's to do with the type of phone. Reading elsewhere that people's phones were getting really hot too. It doesn't even figure on my battery usage screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,961 ✭✭✭emaherx

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058103101/1/#post114258586

Apparently clearing Cache on Google services may sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

It's always the same.

Folks had their parked car hit by a provisional driver years ago.
    Girl in her early twenties got out and bawling her eyes out and that she'd sort it herself without going through insurance.
    Folks big eejits they were took her for her word.
    It must have been nearly a year later with bills from the garage and calls from the folks not being answered before it was settled.

Always always always get the insurance details and go that way.

In the heat of the moment they're all sorry.
    But when they get home all the excuses start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWeHc3vAL74

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭DukeCaboom

Poor old Vito, he'd alot going on at the time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

DukeCaboom wrote: »
    Poor old Vito, he'd alot going on at the time!!

Yeah the scriptwriters really messed him around !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Anyone trying for silage at the minute with this good spell?
    Trying a couple of fields here that got beyond grazing. Heavy crop and a bit damp too, but we've done worse in previous years. Heat here is good with a small breeze so hopefully it won't turn out too bad.
    We'll try a wilt it for a while but more likely the baler will be in tonight as work in the morning and don't want to wait until tomorrow evening.

Ain't it funny how Sunflowers are regarded as beautiful..

I mean families will travel miles to see a field of sunflowers and give donations to charity to pick the flowers.

Anyone have a field of Ragworth that wants to try out the same exercise?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,364 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Ain't it funny how Sunflowers are regarded as beautiful..

I mean families will travel miles to see a field of sunflowers and give donations to charity to pick the flowers.

Anyone have a field of Ragworth that wants to try out the same exercise?

Plenty of fields of ragworth around the midlands unfortunately

Reggie. wrote: »

Get onto Countrywide on a Saturday morning and explain how the field is purposely grown to provide habitat for the Cinnabar moth. But now you've decided to open the field to the public to provide an outlet during Covid 19.
    That all proceeds from picking same will go to worthy charities of their choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,475 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Get onto Countrywide on a Saturday morning and explain how the field is purposely grown to provide habitat for the Cinnabar moth. But now you've decided to open the field to the public to provide an outlet during Covid 19.
    That all proceeds from picking same will go to worthy charities of their choice.

Yea.
    And when public know you’ve intentionally let them in to touch poison you’ll be really popular and likely face lawsuits that would make your eye water.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭straight

_Brian wrote: »
    Yea.
    And when public know you’ve intentionally let them in to touch poison you’ll be really popular and likely face lawsuits that would make your eye water.

Poison my hole

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭Odelay

straight wrote: »
    Poison my hole

You don’t want to get it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Had to take a break between the main course and dessert to turn a group of walkers back. They tried every excuse, to get me to let them through.

Odelay wrote: »
    You don’t want to get it there.

I'll take your word for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Base price

ganmo wrote: »
    Had to take a break between the main course and dessert to turn a group of walkers back. They tried every excuse, to get me to let them through.
    I think you need to be a bit more blunt with your signage.
    No Entry Beyond This Point
    Now Fook Off Back to Where You Came From

• Advertisement

HSE working on Android power drain issue with developers and Google.

https://www.thejournal.ie/hse-covid-tracker-app-battery-draining-5171528-Aug2020/

Anyone trying for silage at the minute with this good spell?
    Trying a couple of fields here that got beyond grazing. Heavy crop and a bit damp too, but we've done worse in previous years. Heat here is good with a small breeze so hopefully it won't turn out too bad.
    We'll try a wilt it for a while but more likely the baler will be in tonight as work in the morning and don't want to wait until tomorrow evening.

Just finished wrapping the last couple of bales for the year.

Shotgun speaks all languages.

Reggie. wrote: »

I think there's a bumper crop this year. We sprayed few fields in the spring , the ones we didnt do are bad at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭josephsoap

Check this out on Agriland - ‘We never had as much cattle at the start of August before’ – Gerry Connellan

https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/we-never-had-as-much-cattle-at-the-start-of-august-before-gerry-connellan/

Just reading this article re Elphin mart, anyone know what online platform they are using ?

Shotgun speaks all languages.

I would if had to reload too many times

I would if had to reload too many times

Gattling gun would look the part up on a roof or something

oh on a 3 point!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,364 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Gattling gun would look the part up on a roof or something

Nah.....mini gun better or at a minimum belt fed mutions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭Odelay

What excuses did they use? Was it "we are only going to over there", or was it the "right to roam carp"?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement