Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Takeaway in Lucan

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Tried Camile last night. Delivered by a fellow in a dickie-bow, which was amusing....

Pricey but tasty. Will order from them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

Just ordered at the counter in Camile. Shocked when I opened the containers when we got home. 6 lil prawns in the prawn special. And about 6 or 7 pieces of chicken in that dish.

No chance of ordering from them again with such small portions and at €12/€13 per dish before you add rice/noodles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,710 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I'm a big lad. Small portions are a big turn off for me.

Popped in for a lunchtime Kanoodle in Maxol today to find they're closed :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Say it ain't so!!!
    ArthurG wrote: »
    Popped in for a lunchtime Kanoodle in Maxol today to find they're closed :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

bogmanfan wrote: »
    Say it ain't so!!!

for good?

Washout wrote: »
    for good?

It would appear so. According to the Chopped lady at least.

Speaking of which I decided to try Chopped as I was there. I know people really like this place but I found it to be average. Everything’s minced to within an inch of its life, making it hard to tell what you’re eating. Not sure I’ll be back.

ArthurG wrote: »
    try Chopped as I was there. I know people really like this place but I found it to be average. Everything’s minced chopped to within an inch of its life, making it hard to tell what you’re eating. Not sure I’ll be back.

FYP :p

I'm sure if you ask them to not chop it so finely, they will.

unkel wrote: »
    FYP :p

Smarty-pants :)

Had Camile - green thai curry with wild / brown rice. Pretty decent, decent size portion as well. And wait for it, it was €7 :)

They have 5 or so specials that if you order them before 4PM, they're just €7 incl rice. Happy days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Bump.

Any updates on this. Any new places worth trying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Don't know if it's been recommended before but Green Mango (used to be mango Tree) is the top Lucan has I reckon. Their pork spring rolls and red curry is amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭monty_python

I was back home in Lucan over the winter and bought the quality of take aways has dropped. 1 or 2 are still very good tho

The sushi place in lexlip is the best, they do great atir frys to

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Don't know if it's been recommended before but Green Mango (used to be mango Tree) is the top Lucan has I reckon. Their pork spring rolls and red curry is amazing.

Food is great alright but they used to be painfully slow. Even when collecting. Saying that I haven't ordered there in a year or so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Food is great alright but they used to be painfully slow. Even when collecting. Saying that I haven't ordered there in a year or so

They seem to be a good bit faster now. Any time I've ordered for delivery, it's arrived within 30mins and if I go to collect, it's usually ready within 20.

Bumping this considering whats going on at the moment

Important we support our local places at the moment or they wont survive. Some restaurants doing takeaway too. From what i know........

Mango tree doing contactless delivery
    Base - will drop to your car in carpark
    Numbero 6 doing take away
    Kennys were doing take away but i think thats on hold

Probably way more any other tips just add then in below ��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭monty_python

19 at Lucan golf club are doing takeaways. They drop out to your car in the car park.
    Look them up on Facebook

Important we support our local places at the moment or they wont survive. Some restaurants doing takeaway too.

+1

And most staff working for (fast food) restaurants are on the minimum wage or not much more. And pretty vulnerable as such and in need of the money more than most people.

I'm getting takeaways several times a week these days.

Here's another helluva bump but has the Roma in the village closed? I walked past it yesterday evening at 6.40 and it was closed, no lights on and when I looked in through the windows some of the equipment and all the price boards seemed to be gone.
    Seems strange a takeaway would go under unless they depended heavily on after-pub footfall.
    Hadn't seen anything online about it unless they're doing some renovations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

Heroditas wrote: »
    Here's another helluva bump but has the Roma in the village closed? I walked past it yesterday evening at 6.40 and it was closed, no lights on and when I looked in through the windows some of the equipment and all the price boards seemed to be gone.
    Seems strange a takeaway would go under unless they depended heavily on after-pub footfall.
    Hadn't seen anything online about it unless they're doing some renovations?[/quote

They’ve closed their one in Newcastle, I’m 99% sure it was sold to the Louis Fitzgerald group when he bought the old Gondola and expanded it. The owner sadly passed away late last year so they may be closing. It definitely relied on the pub footfall, the food was never great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I believe it has been bought by the East End and will reopen soon under their management.

Looks like the Roma that was taken over/reopened last year is changing again? Noticed last night that it was closed and is getting a makeover and the pizza part of it becoming a kebab place?

Also, what's the deal with takeaways in the village? Went out for a few pints last night and everywhere was closed before 12!!!

Post edited by Heroditas on

Have heard great reviews of the new Kebab place, must try it out.

Yeah never understood why the chippers in the village closed before chucking out time at the weekends, surely easy money to be made that time of night.

Can't get near the kebab place - queues are out the door all week 😂

Advertisement