Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Antepost

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Agree that it was a PR stunt, most of these things are, but can't see how it could have cost them.

What I mean is that you probably had punters doing all sorts of donkey bets on the big handicaps and the like safe in the knowledge that the worst that could happen is that they'd get their money back.

Most bookies won't go nrnb on all races until the month of march.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭WicklowBrave

Same as Percy, only ran against novices and 4/1 for the gc.

You must have missed the Porterstown, Galmoy, and Red Mills then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

You must have missed the Porterstown, Galmoy, and Red Mills then?

Percy's RSA last year was a monster performance beating a bloody good horse and one of the favs for the Ryanair in 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

To win the rsa is one thing but to be 7/2 and 4/1 to win the gc when he never raced in that type of company is mad.

Buveur D'air out to 13/8.................

Do the bookies know something?!?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Didn't Henderson only recently say he was a bit sore after his last race, and receiving some treatment (physio?) - probably just reacting to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Id say that 13/8 is about the right price. That will be available on the day anyway for sure..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Percy's RSA last year was a monster performance beating a bloody good horse and one of the favs for the Ryanair in 2019

I don’t get the logic behind De Bromhead preferring the Ryanair for Monalee. He wasn’t far behind Percy in the RSA & he hammered Elegant Escape & Black Corton in that who are Gold Cup bound.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

EICVD wrote: »
    I don’t get the logic behind De Bromhead preferring the Ryanair for Monalee. He wasn’t far behind Percy in the RSA & he hammered Elegant Escape & Black Corton in that who are Gold Cup bound.

Was clearly outstayed by Percy , and he was a fair bit behind him from memory, about 10 lengths?

akelly02 wrote: »
    Was clearly outstayed by Percy , and he was a fair bit behind him from memory, about 10 lengths?

Percy destroyed Monalee that day

• Advertisement

akelly02 wrote: »

But he was closer to Percy than EE & BC were to him. Not saying Monalee will win the Gold Cup just if I was personally involved with him I’d rather run in that than the Ryanair considering how open the Gold Cup is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Is there something Nicky isn’t telling us !?!??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

I think Espoir D'allen in the Champion Hurdle at 25s NRNB could be pretty good value.
    Won't run unless they really fancy him to handle the step up and if he does his chances surely aren't too far off Laurinas on all known form.
    If you're looking for an unexposed angle into the race, Espoir D surely represents better value.

Fairly happy with that today and think it'll be hard for JP to not run him in the CH now.

Will get a lovely toe into the race and devastate them with his turnover to win his first, but not last, CH. :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

His jumping was a little sketchy, wish he was driven into last rather than made guess at it by BG

Listening to Cromwell after if he had his way he wouldn’t be running him in the champion this year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

BumperD wrote: »
    His jumping was a little sketchy, wish he was driven into last rather than made guess at it by BG

Thought his jumping was very slick and economical bar one minor error and obviously the last.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

One horse that hasn’t been mentioned after frodons win, unsurprisingly is baron alco I see he is 25/1 in the brown advisory.
    He Beat frodon getting 17 pounds but was 4th the next time getting 12 pounds.
    Baron alco ran a career best in beating frodon that day as he jumped and travelled so well but he had excuses next time when 4th as he made a number of mistakes and was never really in a rhythm as frodon took him on.in short he wasn’t on his A game but to his credit he still challenged into the straight but the early mistakes took its toll and weakened late on.

After frodons win at Cheltenham on Saturday in a graded race I think baron alco has a cracking chance in this handicap and it’s worth remembering he was 2nd in the same race(brown advisory) 2 years ago.
    The horse that beat him that day was road to respect who was 4th in the following years gold cup and a leading fancy this year.
    Baron alco has no entries at the moment and I would expect him to show up here fresh and well and raring to go from the front.

25/1 with 5 places is a gift

One horse that hasn’t been mentioned after frodons win, unsurprisingly is baron alco I see he is 25/1 in the brown advisory.
    He Beat frodon getting 17 pounds but was 4th the next time getting 12 pounds.
    Baron alco ran a career best in beating frodon that day as he jumped and travelled so well but he had excuses next time when 4th as he made a number of mistakes and was never really in a rhythm as frodon took him on.in short he wasn’t on his A game but to his credit he still challenged into the straight but the early mistakes took its toll and weakened late on.

After frodons win at Cheltenham on Saturday in a graded race I think baron alco has a cracking chance in this handicap and it’s worth remembering he was 2nd in the same race(brown advisory) 2 years ago.
    The horse that beat him that day was road to respect who was 4th in the following years gold cup and a leading fancy this year.
    Baron alco has no entries at the moment and I would expect him to show up here fresh and well and raring to go from the front.

25/1 with 5 places is a gift

That's a fairly decent shout, good angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

After frodons win at Cheltenham on Saturday in a graded race I think baron alco has a cracking chance in this handicap and it’s worth remembering he was 2nd in the same race(brown advisory) 2 years ago. The horse that beat him that day was road to respect who was 4th in the following years gold cup and a leading fancy this year. Baron alco has no entries at the moment and I would expect him to show up here fresh and well and raring to go from the front.

Slattsy wrote:
    That's a fairly decent shout, good angle.

Agree. Maybe we can make baron alco r his years John's spirit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Any chance Road to Respect goes to the Ryanair with Shattered Love going to the Gold Cup. Shes overpriced at 25s for the GC.

• Advertisement

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Any chance Road to Respect goes to the Ryanair with Shattered Love going to the Gold Cup. Shes overpriced at 25s for the GC.

Shattered love is gc bound.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

No

EICVD wrote: »
    Listening to Cromwell after if he had his way he wouldn’t be running him in the champion this year

https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/espoir-dallen-a-champion-hurdle-doubt-as-cromwell-fears-buveur-dair/363736

Interesting assessment from Irish handicapper. You’d expect Melon to have another crack at bvd

Meade has Tout Est Permis for the Ryanair

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

The Mig wrote: »
    Wouldn’t back Clan for the GC @ 8/1 with stolen cash

Can't see a reply on this Mig? Any reasoning? Just re-watched the King George, such an impressive win and overall run.

This day 6 weeks i'll be sitting down to my first pint after a bowl of coddle in the nearby café :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Slattsy wrote: »
    This day 6 weeks i'll be sitting down to my first pint after a bowl of coddle in the nearby café :)

I'll be on the way thinking I might go through the card on the first day , or thinking Ruby Tuesday will pay well this year .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Can't see a reply on this Mig? Any reasoning? Just re-watched the King George, such an impressive win and overall run.
    Just thought the KG was a bit of a mad result/race to be honest. Can see him traveling well but outstayed up the hill. There's maybe 4/5 horses I'd back at bigger prices than 8/1 who I think have a better chance of winning

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Clan Des Obeaux performance in the KG was the best 3 mile chase performance of the year. Hes age on his side as well and looks a rapidly improving sort. Ill be shocked if hes not on the snaff turning into the straight.

• Advertisement

Anyone think Might Bite could be the dark horse (literally) this year
    If this wind op goes well and NH does what only he can, with a weak field, lets be honest, if the ground suits........
    currently 20/1.....

Of course, he could also just be this years Yorkhill and just not map atall!

Advertisement