Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Antepost

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭famagusta

Charlie Swan on rte saying he expects Le Richbourg in Arkle and Defil in JLT.

I actually think the arkle suits them both the best, if the ground is good I will have a right cut at le richbourg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Any views on Thistlecrack for the Gold Cup? 12/1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Edgware wrote: »

Would love it but sure to be out stayed in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Have him backed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Would love it but sure to be out stayed in my opinion.
    I know. Disappointed with King George performance though finishing 2nd. Still has to be in the 3 or 4 mentioned for March

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Clan des obeaux 8/1 for the Gold Cup. Value in that. He won that King George with a bit in hand imo. Was no fluke either. Himself and The Storyteller I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Clan des obeaux 8/1 for the Gold Cup. Value in that. He won that King George with a bit in hand imo. Was no fluke either. Himself and The Storyteller I like.

Come on the story teller has no chance

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Wouldn’t back Clan for the GC @ 8/1 with stolen cash

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

If the ground is good, and clan des obeaux doesnt act around there , it's hard to see any of the king George field turning the tables . He beat everything else easily enough . Looks more of an 8/1 shot to me , but I'd never back ew antepost .

Come on the story teller has no chance

Wouldnt be the biggest shock in the world. He was only out for a spin at Leopardstown the last day imo and wasnt beaten far, Davey went easy on him strangely until he had no chance and only got stuck in a furlong out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

I’d be more concerned about Thistlecracks jumping than his stamina, has never looked a natural to me and think you’d have to be a special horse to win a GC fiddling your way around the course. I’d definitely be very keen on him at that price otherwise, still see him being placed.

The Mig wrote: »
    Wouldn’t back Clan for the GC @ 8/1 with stolen cash

Why? King George winner and his chase form @ the course reads 22?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Thistlecrack was a fantastic jumper up until his injuries/hiatus, some of his jumps in his KG win were jaw dropping. His jumping at Haydock was horrible but came on well in the King George again. Signs are good. Thistlecrack is my favourite horse so I'd have to back him regardless but 12/1 is a solid price. Only concern is whether he gets injured between then and now. Brittle enough horse for a horse built like a sh*t house.

Angliru wrote: »
    Thistlecrack was a fantastic jumper up until his injuries/hiatus, some of his jumps in his KG win were jaw dropping. His jumping at Haydock was horrible but came on well in the King George again. Signs are good. Thistlecrack is my favourite horse so I'd have to back him regardless but 12/1 is a solid price. Only concern is whether he gets injured between then and now. Brittle enough horse for a horse built like a sh*t house.

Won't be seen tIll March now so should get there. Glad I took 12 as I can see him going off around 6 or 7/1

Angliru wrote: »

He could be great when he got it right but from memory I thought he was a bit too extravagant at his fences, all that outside the wings taking off stuff which, while spectacular looking, isn’t the stamp of a true natural jumper for me. Looks to me like they maybe schooled that out of him, though, and he did look fine at kempton alright. Personally I’d still have question marks in that department at cheltenham but would love to see him win for the owners who come across as good people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I'd be very surprised if tistlecrack goes off less than 10/1 on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

piplip87 wrote: »
    Had my first nibble today.
    I did Didtheyleaveuoutto for the Supreme. Hugely impressed in his bumpbers last season, didn't go according to plan in the Champion Bumper. Two from two this season and at 20s I hope it's a bargain.

Not Cheltenham but the 16's on offer for Didtheyleaveuoutto in the Betfair Hurdle looks good value off a mark of 139.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

The more I look at the Champion Hurdle, the more I like Supasundae.
    It seems that he was run over the wrong distance in the Stayers Hurdle in last years festival but still ran well to be second. His best form is over two miles - Irish Champion Hurdle winner and Punchestown Champion Hurdle winner last season. I dont think Harrington has confirmed him over that distance but shes bound to now that it looks an open year. I think at 16/1 in Boyle's he's a cracking bet (12s in PP as NRNB)

The more I look at the Champion Hurdle, the more I like Supasundae.
    It seems that he was run over the wrong distance in the Stayers Hurdle in last years festival but still ran well to be second. His best form is over two miles - Irish Champion Hurdle winner and Punchestown Champion Hurdle winner last season. I dont think Harrington has confirmed him over that distance but shes bound to now that it looks an open year. I think at 16/1 in Boyle's he's a cracking bet (12s in PP as NRNB)

Not with stolen money! Not in that race.

Strange that PP still haven't gone NRNB on all races.
    They did on 9/1/18
    We are now at 16/1/19 and still no sign of it

• Advertisement

Wouldn’t put anybody off supasundae in the champion. Sharjah is currently 3rd fav and I don’t think there’s too much between them, though think I’d want it to turn up on the soft side to favour the harrington horse.

If you were to rewatch last years CH, you would forget how close Melon was! If BD doesn't run to potential....Melon could be a bigger player than SS lads
    (I still think Laurina is the one tho)

Fair point about Melon last year but you still have to make excuses for a couple of lacklustre runs. Three times he’s met SS over 2m and he’s finished behind each time, though hard to say how close it’d have been at punchestown had melon stayed upright. To repeat I do think SS would ideally want some give over 2m so would be waiting closer to the day before making any move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

I hope Laurina goes for the CH just to find out what she is all about at this level, keep having a bad feeling Ruby will spin the owner to go for the Mares though even though Sullivans been determined that it’s a crack at the Champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

madmoose wrote: »
    I hope Laurina goes for the CH just to find out what she is all about at this level, keep having a bad feeling Ruby will spin the owner to go for the Mares though even though Sullivans been determined that it’s a crack at the Champion.

7/2 laurina is shocking, never raced against anything and still this short. Same as Percy, only ran against novices and 4/1 for the gc.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭sitkaspruce

7/2 laurina is shocking, never raced against anything and still this short. Same as Percy, only ran against novices and 4/1 for the gc.

I agree RE Laurina - beaten nothing. looking forward to see how she goes in Leopardstown in a few weeks, If well beaten by SS / Sharjah / Melon / AJ, She will surely be routed to the Mares race which is turning out to be quite competitive this year if the main players turn up (Verdana Blue / Benie Des Dieux / Stormy Ireland et al)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Horrendous price but not the horse’s fault, just hope she goes so we see were she stands and if she fails it’s not the end of the world with the future ahead of her, rather try early than late.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

The interesting thing about Laurena, is this in my opinion... Melon pushed BD all the way last year and possibly could have won with Ruby on board.. (didn't get the best of runs)..
    Ruby will pick Laurena over Melon everyday of the week from what I've read.

I won't be backing her, but they know what they have at home. I think good ground is the biggest issue for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Strange that PP still haven't gone NRNB on all races.
    They did on 9/1/18
    We are now at 16/1/19 and still no sign of it

In no rush to make it too easy for the punter. Don't blame them.....going nrnb that early last year on all races was just a PR stunt that probably cost them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

In no rush to make it too easy for the punter. Don't blame them.....going nrnb that early last year on all races was just a PR stunt that probably cost them.

Agree that it was a PR stunt, most of these things are, but can't see how it could have cost them.

Advertisement