Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just under 5 hours according to my save. I've enjoy encountered one bug so far and that was an energy drink can was clipping through the surface it was on, nothing affecting gameplay. I had complained about it being a bit faded so i threw in photomode and messed with the tv settings. Found options I'd never seen before and boosted colour, looking gorgeous now.

It's weird though, in one scene, the character model could be just brilliant but the pro item beside them, whatever it might be looks low res and old school.

Anyone know when i can buy a bike or get access to one? I just finished the first proper BD mission.

I've had a few problems myself.

Audio bugged out during the VR training and continued to after that, saved and rebooted and fine.

Then I couldn't move the cursor for dialogue choices, had to save and reboot again.

Some NPCs I snuck by all died randomly after I killed the guy blocking the exit.

NPC floating when meant to be sitting in a studio chair.

And just when I decided to pack it in, I came across a random gunfight and was standing beside one of the "red" guys and he wasn't shooting at the cops or me, I walked right up to him and then he fired on me and they all killed me.
    It was all over the place.

I'd have loved to have kept going and im enjoying it but there are a lot of problems so I might slow my play through and hope a patch drops ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 luciddream

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Anyone know when i can buy a bike or get access to one? I just finished the first proper BD mission.

Mildish
    After you complete the side quest "heroes", you'll have access to one. Should get this quest soon after the prologue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

What game are you playing? It looks nothing like a PS3 title

Seen a few images shared on twitter that looked PS3-ish but I assume now that was just trolls trying to have a laugh at the supposed awful graphics.

I have a PS4 Pro so the temptation is rising for me again. Was planning on holding off until I get the PS5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I guess they needed more crunch.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

my expectations had been tempered in the past few days but like EoinHef playing on PS4 and enjoying it more than I thought I would, early days yet. It looks ok but definately not great.
    Not a big fan of the shooting mechanic thus far but everything can't be Destiny I guess, although why not?

I turned off all graphical options, can't see a positive from any of them. Also turned the horizontal and vertical bonus to zero while increasing horizontal and vertical movement a small bit too get the quickness back. Now i can turn fast without that sulerspeed licking in.

Upped subtitle size, disabled numbers popping out of be enemies (they have a health bar anyway) found the hdr settings and increased brightness a bit, getting a much better experience, worth giving them a fiddle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭McFly85

Played a couple of hours on the PS5, and I’m enjoying it so far. From driving around it a bit I think Night City looks phenomenal.

It doesn’t take long for your phone to beep incessantly! Real GTA4 vibes of being constantly distracted. Would be great it you could put it on do not disturb and then catch up with whatever messages etc when you feel like it.

I think the UI is a bit clunky but it helps if you’ve played the Witcher because it’s basically the same. Same with shops, character stats, job tracking etc.

I thought it was interesting that in the Eurogamer review they mentioned that one of the big disappointments for them was the fact that there were so many upgrade options but they never felt necessary-it was the same in the Witcher, so many potions to craft that I never needed and at one point I checked and had about 30 character points, seems CDPR like to keep these really optional which is a shame.

But the side missions I’ve done so far have been fun! I like the characters and the writing looks to be top notch.

I’ll definitely keep at it, but probably play it at a slow enough pace and then start again with a different backstory when the PS5 proper version comes out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

I spammed alot of assault events which were good, I'm actually really liking the combat now after not liking it originally.

About 8-9 hours in and not much of the main story done. Two big crashes which were annoying in that then but everything else has been fine.

I havnt noticed alot of what other people are experiencing but I have seen videos online and if I had been getting the same issues would have stopped playing.

I'm playing on Stadia with 600mb wired fiber in Spain and it's smooth as can be picture qualify wise on my monitor, will try the tv once the free stadia premier kit that came with the game arrives.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Graphics look pretty damn good to me, with medium to high settings on the PC. Nothing like the high end trailers, but i don't have a 3090 GPU unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Got to play it last night for a few hours. I went with Street Kid as it seems to be the least popular. I am playing on the Series X and overall I am disappointed.

1) I have had a few bugs, like NPCs sitting on the ground with handguns sticking out of their foreheads.
    2) Graphical its nice but not fantastic, colours are very washed out and grainy. I have seen a few instances of frame drops or what feels like frame drops. I know its not working as intended because the PC version looks beautiful, its just not ready for consoles in any shape or form.
    3) As you change scenes sometimes and the next scene loads your character often walks in a direction straight away, like someone is pushing on the analog stick. Once you touch the stick it stops.
    4) Other scene changes even in the tutorial resulted in my character spinning on the spot, I had to touch the stick to get it to stop.
    5) Combat is good actually and like a hybrid of an RPG and FPS but I find that even the lower enemies are bullet sponges? They can take an AWFUL lot of shots, even to the head to go down.
    6) Menu system is a minefield, SO much going on and the cursor like a PC mouse is a right pain.
    7) many instances where looking back at my character in a mirror they are missing their trousers etc, so another bug there.
    8) The map is VERY overwhelming, I remember walking out into NC for the first time and opening the map only to see literally 500 icons, its like, where the hell do I start here?
    9) There should be ways to remove icons that are above your level and only show ones that interest you, like a filter. Right now is just a sea of icons and looks a mess to be honest.
    10) I hate to say it but the menu system and the game itself right now feels like a PC port that is just ok, certainly does not feel like it was developed with consoles in mind.

If you can glaze over all of the above cracks, there is a fantastic game there, and I mean fantastic, characters are interesting and engaging and I know once the graphical issues and bugs are fixed it will be a different game, but right now its just not in good shape.

It does seem that if you are on Series X or PS5, you need to turn off HDR and also in the graphics settings, try turning off, Chromatic Aberration, Depth of Field, Film Grain and Motion Blur. Not acceptable that you need to do this but it does make things better at the moment.

Right now for me its a 6.5 - 7 out of 10. In 6 months it will be a 9.5 out of 10.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Fair enough on the base PS4. I guess the only other option was to just not release it on the older consoles. I think we all knew they were going to struggle massively with it. They definitely should have been more open about how it would look for the PS4/Xbox One though.

The PS4 came out almost a year after CyberPunk was annouced, which is mad when you think about it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

the crashes are driving me mental on ps5. Im up to about 12 now. :mad:

• Moderators Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Azza

Kirby wrote: »
    the crashes are driving me mental on ps5. Im up to about 12 now. :mad:

Jaysus...that's nuts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,732 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I’m in awe of how terrible the menu design is. Just a complete, unholy mess of submenus.

I had to decrypt an in item. Selecting the item in the backpack (itself a mess) didn’t give me anything. Had to look in the shards menu instead... and even then it was riiiggghttt at the bottom of the list, after several tiers of subsections.

To be fair, The Witcher 3 was a bit of a disaster in this regard as well, especially at launch. But yeah it’s a serious chore to use in Cyberpunk.

On a positive note, I’m relieved at how well the game is running on PS5 still (no crashes yet, touch wood). Definitely drops to ~50 FPS or so during really demanding scenes, and no doubt the full fat next gen version will be a big improvement in terms of things like textures and resolution. But seems like a fairly substantial jump from the PS4 consoles, despite being a PS4 game, and looks and runs pretty well now considering the limits :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Azza

Think I'll be waiting a few months for this to get patched up before I touch it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Azza wrote: »
    Think I'll be waiting a few months for this to get patched up before I touch it.

Yeah, I'm thinking this too. It definitely needs more work done. Need new game to play now, probably will pick up AC Valhalla instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭sok2005

Yeah, I'm thinking this too. It definitely needs more work done. Need new game to play now, probably will pick up AC Valhalla instead

I'm almost 200 hours into Valhalla now and although it's not without its own bugs it's been a great game. There's a touch of The Witcher about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

sok2005 wrote: »
    I'm almost 200 hours into Valhalla now and although it's not without its own bugs it's been a great game. There's a touch of The Witcher about it.

Good enough for me. I do know they have a title update coming out next week so could sort some of the bugs out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Cordell

What resolution?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

This is the first game I've bought since RDR2, the son has full control of the Xbox in the house nowadays.

Underwhelmed to say the least.

Loads of little bugs like everyone else has mentioned, NPCs floating down the road before the vehicle that gets rendered pops up.
    Driving reminds me of GTA IV which drove me bananas, no weight to the car, brake to throw it into a corner and it skids out like crazy, hopefully not too many missions where fast driving is needed.
    Weapons have no weight to them either, aiming for a headshot can be frustrating, as minor movements tend not to be precise enough.

Haven't played much of the story but the first missions throw loads of side missions at you and with the menus being less than intuative, it can take a while to get your head around.

It shows promise, and maybe the Xbox One (S) is the wrong console to be playing it on, I'll persevere for a while, perhaps not playing in a while hasn't helped.

Have to try it later on but apparently you can bump up text size under the sound section. It's pretty much unreadable atm on my tv. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Control wise I've increase base sensitivity and dropped the min deadzone a bit also increased the max dead zone and turned down the tuning (acceleration at stick edges) and timing for that so that when I do put the stick to the side I move 60 degrees normally and then ~120 quickly so I can spin easier. Been messing with the ADS sensitivities and that's coming out nice now, I specced stealth and handguns so I'm always going for headshots normally.

Level 10 and doing side stuff as the heist missions is bugged for me, and jackie doesn't spawn when I get in the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Pretty much ignoring driving as much as possible as it's so bad and running/fast travel everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

I have to say I'm really enjoying the game. Loving the slow build up for the missions. It feels heisty as hell!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

titan18 wrote: »
    Pretty much ignoring driving as much as possible as it's so bad and running/fast travel everywhere.

What system are you playing on?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

Playing on PS5. After about 3 hours play had a few bugs and one crash so far. Bugs ranged from NPC
    Jackie
    walking through objects like doors, cars, sitting/standing in mid air. Was walking along at one stage and an NPC just fell from the sky in front of me, complete with sound effect, then just disappeared but left the bloodstain. Noticed the same character model up the street on the ground with Police standing over it.

Enjoying it otherwise for the most part. The menu is all over the place and is overwhelming as others have said. Visuals are good but sometimes it's slightly hard to see what's going on and I'm left wondering is it my eyesight or is the game just grainy or lacking detail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

You've to really try to avoid the Jackie distance glitch, hard trying to make sure I don't get too far from Jackie or he disappears. Few people have it but it's not a too common one.

when into the penthouse move to the switch first and time it so he's not too far away.

Corcs001 wrote: »
    Playing on PS5. After about 3 hours play had a few bugs and one crash so far. Bugs ranged from NPC
    Jackie
    walking through objects like doors, cars, sitting/standing in mid air. Was walking along at one stage and an NPC just fell from the sky in front of me, complete with sound effect, then just disappeared but left the bloodstain. Noticed the same character model up the street on the ground with Police standing over it.

Enjoying it otherwise for the most part. The menu is all over the place and is overwhelming as others have said. Visuals are good but sometimes it's slightly hard to see what's going on and I'm left wondering is it my eyesight or is the game just grainy or lacking detail.

As I mentioned above. Turn off Chromatic Aberration, Depth of Field, Film Grain and Motion Blur and the game looks completely different.

Corcs001 wrote: »
    Jackie

Make sure film grain is turned off in the graphic options, also all the rest as they either blur or throw lights over what you are trying to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭weemcd

ZiabR wrote: »
    As I mentioned above. Turn off Chromatic Aberration, Depth of Field, Film Grain and Motion Blur and the game looks completely different.

Might try this later. Do you have HDR enabled? Haven't quite got settings that are ideal on PS5 on a 4K TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,110 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Very unlike them but every retailer has a bad day at the office.

Oh reallly? Make that three bad days. As I said, I would never order anything from these tossers again (Shopto):
    The sender has let us know this item will be with us soon.
    Updated on: Thursday 10 December

11:17pm
    Sender preparing item

So two days after the release date and Royal Mail still don't have it.

weemcd wrote: »
    Might try this later. Do you have HDR enabled? Haven't quite got settings that are ideal on PS5 on a 4K TV.

Recommendations are to turn off HDR aswell, but I would try turning these off first and then if you think you need to, then turn off HDR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

What system are you playing on?

PS4 pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭puzl

I've been one of the (few) fortunate ones that hasn't really experienced any major issues. I had one crash, and one glitched quest. There have been a few minor graphical glitches like a corpse floating above the ground. Other than that I've been having an absolute blast with this game. I powered through the prologue and first act and now I'm ticking off side quests and gigs trying to level up and make money.

The game is very good IMO and I especially enjoy how they've made the "cyber" part of it more than just a gimmick.

I'm playing on a PS4 Pro FWIW.

Also, cyberpunk (the genre) has been a huge part of my life since I was a teenager, so this game has me written all over it so perhaps I'm biased.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Anyone else playing this on an aging PC? I've got a 970 GFX card and it's holding up quite well. Not really seeing too many ptoblems - a few glitches, but no crashes with 5 hours of gameplay.
    Detail wise, it's switched a huge chunk off for me so it doesn't look particularly amazing, bar some of the cityscapes themselves but again nothing glaring. Wondering if I can tweak a bit more - playing it at 1080p, no HDR, and no many effects at all but more to the point I'm quite liking the gameplay so far so not being wowed by graphics isn't a huge issue.

ZiabR wrote: »
    Recommendations are to turn off HDR aswell, but I would try turning these off first and then if you think you need to, then turn off HDR.

Game looked instantly better when i turned off graphic options. I feel like I should have HDR on but it looks like the colours get full and faded when it's on. Gonna test out later again but that's the last graphic setting i need to settle on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

Nice little interview with Keanu Reeves and Welsh interviewer on BBC about the game:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/newsbeat-55272679

He's definitely one of the good guys!

(oops - pasted wrong link first - didn't mean to post bbc brexit link!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Just got an email from ShopTo saying they are preparing to dispatch Cyberpunk. They charged me for it 5 ****ing days ago, and they still haven't sent it.

Never ordering from them again.

• Advertisement

Markitron wrote: »
    Just got an email from ShopTo saying they are preparing to dispatch Cyberpunk. They charged me for it 5 ****ing days ago.

That's a balls man, opposite of my experience ordering from them at start of the year but this has put me off ordering again.

That's a balls man, opposite of my experience ordering from them at start of the year but this has put me off ordering again.

Like I said before, I'm not waiting on it, but it's looking like it could be a week late. This is despite them sending me an email on Sunday night saying they had received stock and charging me at the same time.

Can't be putting up with that kind of nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭hellsing101

After a few hours on PS5 all looks midlin, no serious bugs, few npcs doing random things and a light bit of texture pop but on the whole not so bad. Main issue I have is how muddy everything looks, its someone smeared Vaseline on my eyeballs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,110 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Markitron wrote: »
    Just got an email from ShopTo saying they are preparing to dispatch Cyberpunk. They charged me for it 5 ****ing days ago, and they still haven't sent it.

Same. Afternoon of two days after release and they still haven't handed it over to Royal Mail, according to RM.

I have a good mind to return it to them and ask for a refund. If it ever arrives.

They even blag about a partial refund to UK buyers if they don't get it on release date. Those are customers who don't pay for postage. I paid £6 for postage and they don't bother to post it before release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

After a few hours on PS5 all looks midlin, no serious bugs, few npcs doing random things and a light bit of texture pop but on the whole not so bad. Main issue I have is how muddy everything looks, its someone smeared Vaseline on my eyeballs.

Definitely recommend switching to the settings the other posters mentioned above. Seems to have improved it somewhat for me.

Now if I can just find the "Turn off NPCs walking through objects" setting I'll be laughing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,368 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

cnocbui wrote: »
    Oh reallly? Make that three bad days. As I said, I would never order anything from these tossers again (Shopto):

So two days after the release date and Royal Mail still don't have it.

Used them for stuff years ago and they were great, so I decided to go with them when I wanted to pick up the remastered Yakuza collection and they've sent my package to some lad in Belgium. Opened a ticket and it says it'll take up to 7 days for a reply.

Never again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,530 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Is anyone else finding the whole police system a little annoying? The instant spawning in very close proximity to you when a crime is reported is frustrating. It just doesn't feel all that authentic to me. They just appear in the world clearly out of thin air and often in 'dead zones' behind you where they have appeared out of nowhere.

Also I have never been chased by the police in cars. What's the story with that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭dasilverfox

Just curious, has anyone bought it on stadia? 59.99 plus a free stadia premiere edition worth nearly 100 euro with pre order. Running well so far about 3 hours in, a couple of glitches, but looks good.

cnocbui wrote: »
    Same. Afternoon of two days after release and they still haven't handed it over to Royal Mail, according to RM.

I have a good mind to return it to them and ask for a refund. If it ever arrives.

They even blag about a partial refund to UK buyers if they don't get it on release date. Those are customers who don't pay for postage. I paid £6 for postage and they don't bother to post it before release date.

So I'm not even an outlier here, ridiculous.
    Oat23 wrote: »
    Used them for stuff years ago and they were great, so I decided to go with them when I wanted to pick up the remastered Yakuza collection and they've sent my package to some lad in Belgium. Opened a ticket and it says it'll take up to 7 days for a reply.

Never again.

Wow, 7 days to reply to a ticket? Shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Azza wrote: »

Same here - Waiting for PS5 proper patch. Very dissapointing feedback here overall from what I read - especially with core RPG mechanics - What a missed oppertunity. I wonder was it too many cooks syndrome in development?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Seeing nothing but good things about the Stadia version - especially in comparison with the consoles. Could this be the thing that finally helps to turn public opinion on Stadia?

• Advertisement
Advertisement