Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Anybody else here gonna download but try to hold out to play until Xmas? :D There's nothing else out worth getting for that lovely annual extended playtime (maybe Empire of Sin), but I'm worried if I start it next week I will definitely have it done and dusted within a week or 2...

I can't hold out anymore. 10th of December for me and not a day longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,866 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Anybody else here gonna download but try to hold out to play until Xmas? :D There's nothing else out worth getting for that lovely annual extended playtime (maybe Empire of Sin), but I'm worried if I start it next week I will definitely have it done and dusted within a week or 2...

No. I could have a stroke on the 12th and die. Feck waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,241 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

cnocbui wrote: »
    No. I could have a stroke on the 12th and die. Feck waiting.

Well, if I knew I was going to die, I'd probably have a stroke first too.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: No chat about regional workarounds please, folks, as per the forum charter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

Markitron wrote: »
    This is exactly what I am doing. I always save my most anticipated game for Christmas. My copy is arriving on launch day but its gonna sit there until Christmas Eve.

The upshot of this is that they will probably have released at least one patch between release and when I play it.

Exactly my thinking as well. - a week or 2 to let a patch surface, roll a scooby dooby and fill a glass of rum on Xmas eve and kick it all off. The only struggle will be staying away from the icon on the start screen (and probably this thread!) until then :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,547 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Zero-Cool wrote: »

It has on it the preload times too.

Preload ariving on GOG 11am December the 7th and 4pm on Epic and Steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Preload up for Xbox today then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Anybody else here gonna download but try to hold out to play until Xmas?
    I'll be waiting for the performance reports to come in. If it seems like it will run well on my system then I'll probably play it anytime I'm free which won't be much even through xmas. I've been waiting nearly 7 years for it already... I can hold out a few days more.

If it performs badly I'll drop it and wait to enjoy it on a new 2021 PC. This 8 year old one is starting to lose it.

Well my household is going to be a case of the haves and the have-nots. I'll be playing it on an my Xbox one X via 1080p on a 12 year old 55" plama TV, while my son will be playing it on his high end gaming rig at 60fps on his new 4K 120hz monitor, that arrived this morning:

55-Oled.jpg

Grrrrrrr....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Hearing it is buggy does not really surprise me, The Witcher 3 ended up with about 20 patches.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,117 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Been reading that the streets are more or less empty. Doesn't really lend itself to bustling Night City.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

People reckon there's a NPC density slider on PC, although I might be talking ****e. But Witcher 3 definitely had a setting like that, so maybe next gen patch will enable same for next gen consoles.

Kind of an unfortunate thing that the PS5 and Series X are only doing 2077 via backwards compat at first

People reckon there's a NPC density slider on PC, although I might be talking ****e. But Witcher 3 definitely had a setting like that, so maybe next gen patch will enable same for next gen consoles.

Kind of an unfortunate thing that the PS5 and Series X are only doing 2077 via backwards compat at first

Still going to be improvements.

Most games are going with a performance and a quality mode now, even for games on One and PS4 ( X and Pro). A quality mode could hit a constant 30 while it might dip on last gen and performance could be a consistent 60.

Just saw an ad on telly for this, the one with Keanu taking about Night City. Hook it to my ****ing veins!

Guy reviewing it shared some thoughts, hefty upgrade. Hopefully this gets included with preload as i want to play this midnight but no chance with a 40gb update.

https://twitter.com/DreamcastGuy/status/1334530957697839105?s=19

https://twitter.com/DreamcastGuy/status/1334540475601215494?s=19

https://twitter.com/DreamcastGuy/status/1334902733640495105?s=19

Even COD is pushing their stuff, season update for 16th from original 10th.

Thank goodness I have 150 Mbps.

I predicted a huge patch when they announced the delay after going gold.
    This might be day 2 buy for me. I'm going to wait for player feedback as reviewers a re typically lenient with bugs due to playing it without a day 1 patch.

You are kidding yourself. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm downloading this because this has one of the worst box arts I've ever seen from a video game company. If I have to look at that ugly yellow template again I'm gonna vomit lol
    Digital is the way to go!

• Advertisement

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Digital is the way to go!

I cancelled my 55 physical preorder and for the 70 digital version because i want it completely merge with my PS5 to become one. Really though i got a psn gift card and now won't have to swap out disks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Whens the review embargo up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Google just took my pre order money this evening. Its actually happening this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

joe123 wrote: »
    Whens the review embargo up?
    Th 7th according to a Twitter guy/gal who stated correct lifting times for reviews before.

https://thesportsrush.com/cyberpunk-2077-news-cyberpunk-2077-review-embargo-what-is-it-when-does-review-embargo-lift-for-cyberpunk-2077/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Looking forward to this but I will wait for the series X patch before I pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Looking forward to this but I will wait for the series X patch before I pick it up.

I'd like to think I'll do the same. I am disappointed that they delayed and delayed and delayed for the old gen consoles when time may have been better spent just putting it on the next gen. Most interested are probably going to upgrade at some point or another.

So far none of the demos grabbed me, it looks too much like what I've seen before and keanu reeves still looks like an actor reading his lines from cue cards when he learned how to read a week before. It's why his best films are ones where he doesn't need to talk much.

I'd like to think I'll do the same. I am disappointed that they delayed and delayed and delayed for the old gen consoles when time may have been better spent just putting it on the next gen. Most interested are probably going to upgrade at some point or another.

So far none of the demos grabbed me, it looks too much like what I've seen before and keanu reeves still looks like an actor reading his lines from cue cards when he learned how to read a week before. It's why his best films are ones where he doesn't need to talk much.

They made the correct decision. The very low availability of next gen consoles makes them a tiny, pointless market which should be the last thing they cater to.

My friend in Argos said they just got their shipment in. 4 days left.

Edit. €59 euro as well, good price.

Advertisement