Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DigiWeb

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,320 ✭✭✭CoBo55

apophis32 wrote: »
    Then Prove me wrong, show the evidence that would prove that, then I would Gladly and Humbly apologize, here in this open, public forum, and Would be only Happy to do so.

I await your "Proof"

apophis32

We await your humble apology....
    I think we'll be waiting....

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭apophis32

I obviously have to check out the validity of this email before I issue an apology (which I have NO problem in giving). I have already got the contact details of this digiweb rep and will be on the phone first thing Monday morning, looking to secure the same deal, absolutely NO mention of anything that is posted here will be mentioned in Any way, I will just be a consumer looking for a better deal as a digiweb customer, as on their website the fup is still 2TB. if I can secure the info (as I'm sure this deal cannot be done just for one customer) then I WILL apologize in the best way I can, and I have NO problem doing so ....see you back here very soon.

apophis32

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kopfile1

suck it mate seeing you grobble like this is hilarious . told you dont call me a liar but you wouldnt listen i was having trouble figuring out hoe to put up a picture on boards as i find it a bit dated in the user friendly deoartment . again suck it

I obviously have to check out the validity of this email before I issue an apology (which I have NO problem in giving). I have already got the contact details of this digiweb rep and will be on the phone first thing Monday morning, looking to secure the same deal, absolutely NO mention of anything that is posted here will be mentioned in Any way, I will just be a consumer looking for a better deal as a digiweb customer, as on their website the fup is still 2TB. if I can secure the info (as I'm sure this deal cannot be done just for one customer) then I WILL apologize in the best way I can, and I have NO problem doing so ....see you back here very soon.

apophis32

You've been shown the proof as you requested and now it isn't good enough? Grow up, accept you were wrong, apologise and give us back our thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭Nollog

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115485825&postcount=7322
    It's come up in the main siro thread but unless you signed a new contract I think you should still be on the 200 upload profile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭dasilverfox

/\/ollog wrote: »
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115485825&postcount=7322
    It's come up in the main siro thread but unless you signed a new contract I think you should still be on the 200 upload profile.

Any comment Digiweb?

• Company Representative Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Digiweb

Any comment Digiweb?

Shouldn't happen and it's not a network wide issue, dont want to get into discussing individual customer issues on public forum but as always happy to take a PM

PM sent.

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/6125b189-b6e8-455e-a730-73592b92d3cdSpeeds This is getting ridiculous now. went as low as 89mb last night with a ping of 50.

• Advertisement

I'm down to 20mbs and ping of 86 . I'm paying for 500mb ftth wghats the story DIGIWEB ?

Then Prove me wrong, show the evidence that would prove that, then I would Gladly and Humbly apologize, here in this open, public forum, and Would be only Happy to do so.

I await your "Proof"

apophis32

hows that apology coming along ?

• Company Representative Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Digiweb

kopfile1 wrote: »
    I'm down to 20mbs and ping of 86 . I'm paying for 500mb ftth wghats the story DIGIWEB ?

Have you spoken to our support team? Send us a message and we'll arrange a call back.

hows that apology coming along ?

In true boards fashion it'll end up being your fault, it's a wonder you haven't been banned for a few days...
    He isn't part of the inner circle...

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Ignacius

CoBo55 wrote: »
    In true boards fashion it'll end up being your fault, it's a wonder you haven't been banned for a few days...

That last bit sounds like a demented Trumpism.
    Anyhoo I find the Digiweb service to be too notch as a customer. Not a member of the Illuminati! Promise

• Advertisement

Ignacius wrote: »
    That last bit sounds like a demented Trumpism.
    Anyhoo I find the Digiweb service to be too notch as a customer. Not a member of the Illuminati! Promise

Trump.. What's with this site's obsession with Trump?
    Going by what's happening with peoples experiences with FTTH the last few months I'm glad I stayed with VM, not everyone has the choice unfortunately.
    I don't think FTTH is the holy grail it promised to be.

CoBo55 wrote: »

I'm surprised myself.

Digiweb wrote: »
    Have you spoken to our support team? Send us a message and we'll arrange a call back.
    I rang support this morning and when though I have screen shots of speed tests they want me to download a speed test app to my laptop disconnect everything and then do a speed test... So they can show eir and raise it to level 2. Now. I don't mind all this faff, but when he said I was the only one here heard of getting this problem I nearly laughed. I had the same problem with vodafone every night the 1gb connection would drop to 7mb at the same time 7-11pm. This is ftth fiber to the home. Supposed to be unshared no contention. False advertising again asking with your unlimited which is limited.
    I'm really sick of all this bull**** and will take it further. Currently writing to ask TD's and media outlets I know. It's illegal and a scam. Why pay for 500mb/s ? Of it was any other service there would be fines and outrage.

I rang support this morning and when though I have screen shots of speed tests they want me to download a speed test app to my laptop disconnect everything and then do a speed test... So they can show eir and raise it to level 2. Now. I don't mind all this faff, but when he said I was the only one here heard of getting this problem I nearly laughed. I had the same problem with vodafone every night the 1gb connection would drop to 7mb at the same time 7-11pm. This is ftth fiber to the home. Supposed to be unshared no contention. False advertising again asking with your unlimited which is limited.
    I'm really sick of all this bull**** and will take it further. Currently writing to ask TD's and media outlets I know. It's illegal and a scam. Why pay for 500mb/s ? Of it was any other service there would be fines and outrage.

It isn't contention you're suffering from it's backhaul/routing problems, most probably outside of Ireland. I had terrible problems with sky bb years ago, doing a trace showed the problem to be in the U.K. Birmingham I think was the bottleneck, they couldn't resolve it and let me out early. My father had sky bb at the same time and he never had a bother, his route trace was completely different to mine, his went through Dublin and mine went through Cork.

I can't believe how bad this is. Every evening my speeds are gone to s###e. It's terrible bad. Speeds are all over the place. Could be 300mb one test, next it's down to double figures. Got 15mb at one stage. On the phone well over an hour doing troubleshooting. This is why i haven't left a review on trustpilot yet, said i'd wait till 12 months should something go wrong. Emailed off screenshots too last night. My problems started when they reduced my upload to the 100mb profile.

• Advertisement

Beautiful internet tonight good win on warzone life is good

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/e81d06c9-490d-4adc-a9ef-769502c44dae

Beautiful internet tonight good win on warzone life is good

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/e81d06c9-490d-4adc-a9ef-769502c44dae

Still less than half what you're paying for.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭jimmad

Have you tried reinstalling your network drivers by any chance? I've had issues on an old dual nic motherboard like yours and a driver wipe resolved it. I'm on digiweb siro and have zero issues, it's rock solid.

No I'm only paying for 500mb/s so all good

jimmad wrote: »
    Have you tried reinstalling your network drivers by any chance? I've had issues on an old dual nic motherboard like yours and a driver wipe resolved it. I'm on digiweb siro and have zero issues, it's rock solid.

yeah wiped everything ,all good now must have been a one off not like vodafone every night . I'll keep an eye on it thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭allanroche

Hey Silver, I'm thinking of switching to Digiweb so would you mind retesting your setup now through Blacknight in Carlow. I find the Irish Telecom server to be unreliable. For example here is my current connection with VM through the two different servers:

Blacknight

https://www.speedtest.net/result/10611663176

Irish Telecom
    https://www.speedtest.net/result/10611673434

Before they messed my speeds up, i found BT Ireland to have the best results, even on my phone i was getting up to 800mb using wifi 6 on that server. I was consistently getting full speeds on my laptop using all those servers. Usually selects Irish Telecom automatically.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, did you say you have switched to the 500Mb now or should that be 1Gb?

allanroche wrote: »
    Thanks for that, did you say you have switched to the 500Mb now or should that be 1Gb?

1GB rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

If I missed this, apologies. May I ask are you guys/gals on SIRO or OpenEir?

cunnijo wrote: »
    If I missed this, apologies. May I ask are you guys/gals on SIRO or OpenEir?

Siro

Siro

Thanks for that dasilverfox.

As I mentioned in an earlier post if you were on SIRO before the 1st July 2020 you should be on the 1000/200 profile and you should get speeds like this irrespective of ISP? As you will see from the link below I am with Digiweb.

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/7a004b03-47d0-45e2-a3a1-f7393b1cb471

I had the same experience with download speeds this time last year. My download speeds dropped by 66% but upload speeds stayed. My pings went from 3-5ms to 10ms+. I persisted and got it moved up to a person in 2nd level support who to their credit followed up with SIRO until it was resolved and even replaced the modem, which at the time made little difference. They even arranged an engineer call out and he tested with his laptop and also experienced the same issues as I did and even changed the ONT with little success. It took 4 months to resolve resulting in I getting 3 months credit from customer support.

So I advise you to persist and if you are using speedtest.net export the results to Excel and send samples before and after your changes happened. I was also advised by the engineer to use Blacknight for the test as the installers use it to confirm everything should be as it should.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Thanks for that dasilverfox.

As I mentioned in an earlier post if you were on SIRO before the 1st July 2020 you should be on the 1000/200 profile and you should get speeds like this irrespective of ISP? As you will see from the link below I am with Digiweb.

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/7a004b03-47d0-45e2-a3a1-f7393b1cb471

I had the same experience with download speeds this time last year. My download speeds dropped by 66% but upload speeds stayed. My pings went from 3-5ms to 10ms+. I persisted and got it moved up to a person in 2nd level support who to their credit followed up with SIRO until it was resolved and even replaced the modem, which at the time made little difference. They even arranged an engineer call out and he tested with his laptop and also experienced the same issues as I did and even changed the ONT with little success. It took 4 months to resolve resulting in I getting 3 months credit from customer support.

So I advise you to persist and if you are using speedtest.net export the results to Excel and send samples before and after your changes happened. I was also advised by the engineer to use Blacknight for the test as the installers use it to confirm everything should be as it should.

Do you recall what resolved the issue?

I await your "Proof"

apophis32

A person who never admits fault, never apologises, always blames someone else (like my mother) is usually narcissistic. The main symptom of narcissism is a profound lack of empathy, they just do not 'feel' for anyone else, they are the ONLY important person.

TheDriver wrote: »
    Do you recall what resolved the issue?

As far as I can recall the issue was eventually resolved by SIRO after constant contact from the rep in Digiweb's 2nd level support with evidence provided by me. The rep did mention however that if the engineer called out and found no issue there would be a call out fee of €200 but thankfully he also found the issue and reported back to SIRO. Surprisingly enough the issue was resolved soon after that.

Unfortunately the 2nd level support rep was not made privy to what was in the engineers report to SIRO despite efforts to obtain it.

Digiweb told me the upload change is irreversible, but they have absolutely destroyed my download now. Here is my latest blacknight server speedtest https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/dc0924a8-0a1e-432a-8d1e-15ab496cae72

• Advertisement

As i said in an earlier post i have cancelled with digiweb and will be moving to another provider in the new year. I wouldn't hold my breath expecting them to sort this out, but they'll be quick enough to take my money. Should i give comreg a call?

As i said in an earlier post i have cancelled with digiweb and will be moving to another provider in the new year. I wouldn't hold my breath expecting them to sort this out, but they'll be quick enough to take my money. Should i give comreg a call?

As you mention you have cancelled your contract with Digiweb they are really under no obligation to resolve your service issue. Had you stayed it would have been resolved. My post details what happened in my case.

In relation to Comreg you may contact them if you wish. They will advise you to exhaust all options with Digiweb first before they can get involved. They may not however be able to do very much, as they do not regulate SIRO.

Point to note Digiweb along with the other participating SIRO ISP's are resellers only whereas SIRO own and operate the network. All the ISP do is supply the modem/router but the service is installed, activated and disabled by SIRO. All an ISP can do is escalate an issue to them and hope they resolve it, which in most cases they do.

As you mention you have cancelled your contract with Digiweb they are really under no obligation to resolve your service issue. Had you stayed it would have been resolved. My post details what happened in my case.

In relation to Comreg you may contact them if you wish. They will advise you to exhaust all options with Digiweb first before they can get involved. They may not however be able to do very much, as they do not regulate SIRO.

Point to note Digiweb along with the other participating SIRO ISP's are resellers only whereas SIRO own and operate the network. All the ISP do is supply the modem/router but the service is installed, activated and disabled by SIRO. All an ISP can do is escalate an issue to them and hope they resolve it, which in most cases they do.

Comreg does regulate SIRO as a provider of communcations?

Just back from my friends house, who signed up with digiweb last February. His upload has also been reduced to 100mb without been notified from digiweb.

Check out my Speedtest result! How fast is your internet? https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/6849729115 mates test on my phone.

Comreg does regulate SIRO as a provider of communcations?

That is good to know. I did not mention in my posts that I contacted them earlier this year when I had my issues. They advised that I exhaust all options with Digiweb first and if not addressed they would make contact. Thankfully it did not come to that as my posts indicated.

They did state at the time that they could not contact SIRO as they were not their regulator and referred me if necessary to the Department of Communications. It is good to know that this has now changed.

• Advertisement

That is good to know. I did not mention in my posts that I contacted them earlier this year when I had my issues. They advised that I exhaust all options with Digiweb first and if not addressed they would make contact. Thankfully it did not come to that as my posts indicated.

They did state at the time that they could not contact SIRO as they were not their regulator and referred me if necessary to the Department of Communications. It is good to know that this has now changed.

I was questioning the statement rather than making the statement but it would appear Comreg deals with the consumer outlets so you are probably correct in that they don't deal with the background supplier but rather the billing and CS side of things. But if CS can't fix the problem, it is comreg's issue then

I was questioning the statement rather than making the statement but it would appear Comreg deals with the consumer outlets so you are probably correct in that they don't deal with the background supplier but rather the billing and CS side of things. But if CS can't fix the problem, it is comreg's issue then

That seems to be correct. Apologies for the confusion

So i have left digiweb and since i've joined Pure Telecom at the weekend my speeds are pretty much back to normal. Very happy with pure so far. Even the xbox is getting more consistent speeds. https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/15f1c13c-d39d-4df2-b325-c1527d7986be

So i have left digiweb and since i've joined Pure Telecom at the weekend my speeds are pretty much back to normal. Very happy with pure so far. Even the xbox is getting more consistent speeds. https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/15f1c13c-d39d-4df2-b325-c1527d7986be

That ping though. I can't wait to get away from VM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭TheSegal

5ms ping :eek: That is incredible!

• Advertisement
Advertisement