Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon 4k Firestick 35 pounds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭davegilly

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Stupid question but how do I know if when I click prime video, I'm watching Irish or uk version, or is there a difference?
    Search for the Superman v Batman movie. The Irish version doesn’t have that as far as I can remember!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,742 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

davegilly wrote: »
    Search for the Superman v Batman movie. The Irish version doesn’t have that as far as I can remember!

so the Irish version is better :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Was just on chat with Amazon for the last 40 minutes and wouldn't fix the issue. They told me to return the firestick for a full refund as it won't work in Ireland. Gob****es

OmegaGene wrote: »
    get a vpn or smart dns

No need there is a work around without doing any of that

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭lukeeman

toe_knee wrote: »
    No need there is a work around without doing any of that

If you find away around it, please let me know, i've gone on chat 3 times hoping somebody would press the magic button that worked for others here but no luck.

• Advertisement

lukeeman wrote: »
    If you find away around it, please let me know, i've gone on chat 3 times hoping somebody would press the magic button that worked for others here but no luck.

The way I am getting around it is by opening the prime video app on my phone and selecting play through TV. Not ideal but it works

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭roper1664

I see that Getflix is USD $39.90 for a year, are there any good cheaper alternatives for changing the IP address etc., please?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭puddles22

i changed my address on my amazon account to a northern address, then phoned amazon told them im currently in ireland my prime isnt working, i was told as expected that it doesnt work ireland, asked them i hope this will work when i go back to my uk address and he said oh your stick is set to ireland shall i set it to uk for and he did and now working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭lukeeman

puddles22 wrote: »
    i changed my address on my amazon account to a northern address, then phoned amazon told them im currently in ireland my prime isnt working, i was told as expected that it doesnt work ireland, asked them i hope this will work when i go back to my uk address and he said oh your stick is set to ireland shall i set it to uk for and he did and now working fine.

contacted Amazon for the 4th time and got sorted at last, I use parcel motels address, asked girl what area my account was set for she said Ireland, i then told her i am a proud uk citizen and asked why ireland, she said hold for a minute came back and said sorry its now changed to UK, Perfect. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

roper1664 wrote: »
    I see that Getflix is USD $39.90 for a year, are there any good cheaper alternatives for changing the IP address etc., please?

Think I paid less for lifetime with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Stupid question time.... Do you need a prime account to use one of these? I see loads of comments about needing to change location settings to UK aswell? Does it not work here full stop or is the location changes just to access more/different content?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Cushtie wrote: »
    Stupid question time.... Do you need a prime account to use one of these? I see loads of comments about needing to change location settings to UK aswell? Does it not work here full stop or is the location changes just to access more/different content?

The device works just fine. I use it for Netflix, Mubi, and Kodi. You can also download other apps such as Plex, VLC, Spotify, etc.

However, you won't get all the advertised services listed on the box - most of which are UK only and not available here. Bizarrely Prime Video Ireland won't work either despite it being an Amazon device. You can use it for Prime Video UK but it requires a workaround, such as getting Amazon to switch your account to the UK which they may or many not do.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Cushtie

^^^^^^thanks for info.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭gaillimh

Anyone any advice on how to install BBC iPlayer on the fire stick?
    I have ExpressVPN installed & amazon account region changed to Uk.
    Doing both of these results in the App showing up in the search screen (it doesn’t otherwise).
    However, when you go into it it says “Unavailable” as the text on the download link.
    Any workarounds for this?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

gaillimh wrote: »
    Anyone any advice on how to install BBC iPlayer on the fire stick?
    I have ExpressVPN installed & amazon account region changed to Uk.
    Doing both of these results in the App showing up in the search screen (it doesn’t otherwise).
    However, when you go into it it says “Unavailable” as the text on the download link.
    Any workarounds for this?
    Cheers

this should help.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭dercunx

Vpn unlimited.

Vpn unlimited.

Hi, is that the Keep Solid VPN Unlimited or another one? I want to be able to pay using phone credit and ExpressVPN won't allow this. Thanks.

dercunx wrote: »
    Hi, is that the Keep Solid VPN Unlimited or another one? I want to be able to pay using phone credit and ExpressVPN won't allow this. Thanks.

It's the keep solid VPN unlimited.

https://www.vpnunlimitedapp.com/en/info/manuals/how-to-use-with-amazon-fire-tv

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The 4k dropped to $35 in the US last night but I can't get it delivered here no matter what I try, raging I missed this. What do you think are the chances of getting it for €35 again, can anyone remember if this happened with the original? I'd bite the bullet at fifty if it was just for myself but I need three of them...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It's currently 40 gbp, which is only 5 more than its Black Friday price. I think the previous model (which had a lower RRP) dropped in price a few times but not as low as its BF price until the new one was released, so 40 might be as low as it will go for the time being.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Thargor wrote: »
    The 4k dropped to $35 in the US last night but I can't get it delivered here no matter what I try, raging I missed this. What do you think are the chances of getting it for €35 again, can anyone remember if this happened with the original? I'd bite the bullet at fifty if it was just for myself but I need three of them...

It's 39.99GBP now

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B079QB9BD7/ref=nav_shopall_k_smp_mn

• Advertisement

Yep just grabbed it, thanks.

It won't ship to Ireland?

Fcuk it I can't be arsing around with Parcel Motel this close to Christmas, don't even know what part of the country I'll be in yet, why don't they ship it here?

Thargor wrote: »
    It won't ship to Ireland?

Use one of the forwarding companies.

I tried sideloading a standalone version of the PrimeVideo app (acquired here) and it seems to be working with a trial of Prime Video Ireland, though I haven't had a chance to test it fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭peejy

When I try to buy it says that the item cannot ship to Ireland?

Thanks - do these need to be plugged in to charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

peejy wrote: »
    Thanks - do these need to be plugged in to charge?

Yep they need to be powered/plugged in the whole time you using it.

apart from that they seem perfect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,623 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Can anyone that has received their 3rd gen comment on whether Kodi is noticeably faster than the bog standard 1st gen?

I know it was mentioned before that the 2nd gen was a bit faster, but has anyone tested on these ones specifically?

My WiFi keeps crashing and connection dropping while streaming Kodi on my first gen stick.

also can Kodi be controlled with your voice via Alexa?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement