Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon 4k Firestick 35 pounds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

tonc76 wrote: »
    I've just set up the stick and it has synced with both echos that I have. I'm getting an error code 5505 on everything the I try to watch on prime now. Is it as simple as getting them to change the region as I've synced with my other echos or will I need to deregister the stick?

Yes it's just a matter of getting them to push the button.

I'd use one of these USB converter devices.

Cheap enough on Amazon.

EXINOZ Mini Power Cable For Fire TV Stick. Powers the Fire TV Stick from Your TV USB Port https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00Z9TWIIY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_WEFgCbT4X4T20

That's just a bog standard usb cable same as supplied with the Fire stick, it doesn't boost power, it's just shorter.

This might do the job, haven't tried it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mission-Cables-Power-Cable-included/dp/B07319K943/ref=pd_sbs_470_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07319K943&pd_rd_r=c623f8f4-036f-11e9-84e9-0f828c410421&pd_rd_w=SrhqD&pd_rd_wg=hTKnh&pf_rd_p=18edf98b-139a-41ee-bb40-d725dd59d1d3&pf_rd_r=M1Y24Z2Q7D569531EJDZ&psc=1&refRID=M1Y24Z2Q7D569531EJDZ

It a least attempts to store power for when the stick requires more current.

A better solution if your problem is that you have only one cable, i.e you still have room to hide cables behind the tv, and assuming your tv cable can be unplugged from the tv.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Power-cable-IEC-plug-socket/dp/B005FWRHNQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1545212234&sr=8-3&keywords=iec+to+3+pin

and

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SODIAL-Universal-Power-Splitter-Cord/dp/B073WBDNJF/ref=sr_1_12_ccp_nc?ie=UTF8&qid=1545212500&sr=8-12&keywords=iec+twin

OR

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Marten-1-5mm-HO7RN-F-Rubber-Cable/dp/B07F45XFCD/ref=sr_1_3?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1545212862&sr=1-3&keywords=iec+twin

and a "kettle" lead.

Depens on your tv mains connection, but you get the picture, you may be able to fit this or similar arrangement, wherever you intended to fit the battery pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

That's just a bog standard usb cable same as supplied with the Fire stick, it doesn't boost power, it's just shorter.

This might do the job, haven't tried it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mission-Cables-Power-Cable-included/dp/B07319K943/ref=pd_sbs_470_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07319K943&pd_rd_r=c623f8f4-036f-11e9-84e9-0f828c410421&pd_rd_w=SrhqD&pd_rd_wg=hTKnh&pf_rd_p=18edf98b-139a-41ee-bb40-d725dd59d1d3&pf_rd_r=M1Y24Z2Q7D569531EJDZ&psc=1&refRID=M1Y24Z2Q7D569531EJDZ

It a least attempts to store power for when the stick requires more current.

My bad.

Yes that's the one I was thinking of, Amazon actually try and suggest that you purchase it when select the stick.

Pricey enough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Unless u have prime video on your Samsung smart TV, like me. Then it doesn't work.

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Unless u have prime video on your Samsung smart TV, like me. Then it doesn't work.

What has a Samsung smart tv got to do, with the Fire stick ?
    What doesn’t work ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

Exactly the reason I'd never opt for such a solution to cables.

What if the TV breaks and you have to replace? What if you buy a new device and it needs another power point?

The power bank will need recharged fairy regularly, which is why personally, if I couldn't power mine directly from the wall, then I'd use one of these USB converter devices.

Cheap enough on Amazon.

EXINOZ Mini Power Cable For Fire TV Stick. Powers the Fire TV Stick from Your TV USB Port https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00Z9TWIIY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_WEFgCbT4X4T20
    I setup the firestick today it says my TV does not have adequate power for the device. So my idea is to plug the powerbank into the firestick. Then plus a usb cable from the TV to the powerbank. That way it should last hours apon hours. And when it's not on the powerbank should fully recharge.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Monkeynut wrote: »
    I setup the firestick today it says my TV does not have adequate power for the device. So my idea is to plug the powerbank into the firestick. Then plus a usb cable from the TV to the powerbank. That way it should last hours apon hours. And when it's not on the powerbank should fully recharge.
    I wrote a post suggesting that but it disappeared for some reason. Another thing Ive seen is a usb cable that plugs into several ports, you get them for powering external drives or large hdds on pcs where one USB port isnt enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

This may change after BREXIT - afaik they set your stick to UK but unless you use smartdns/vpn they think you are just visiting Ireland.
    Residents of the European Union, while traveling within the European Union, have access to the same titles that are available when streaming from their country of residence

After BREXIT everything may change. UK are no-longer part of EU so you cant see UK content when 'visiting' an EU country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

Residents of the European Union, while traveling within the European Union, have access to the same titles that are available when streaming from their country of residence

Can a UK resident access the BBC player when travelling outside the UK? I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Can a UK resident access the BBC player when travelling outside the UK? I don't think so.

Yes, for access you scan your plane tickets, passport and a picture of your ham and cheese sambo room service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

That could be up to how BBC choose to license their content. They have a separate global player.

Residents of the European Union, while traveling within the European Union, have access to the same titles that are available when streaming from their country of residence.

The above quote re was from Fire TV page:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201624360

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

VeVeX wrote: »
    Yes, for access you scan your plane tickets, passport and a picture of your ham and cheese sambo room service.

I very much appreciated this :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Anyone manage to link this to ur echo dot 3rd gen for hands free alexa,? I've tried but while it will try to play Netflix or amazon video it won't follow through and I get a n error screen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

What doesn’t work ?

I've samsung with prime video app, can't get my 3rd gen alexa to talk to fire stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

What doesn’t work ?

I also have prime video on Samsung smart tv and just contacted amazon on chat and they switched location straight away. Said I was travelling in UK for next few months.

Prime video now working on 4k stick

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

Got it was surprised it was before xmas. whats handiest way to load it? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Load it? Do you know what it is?

Stick Netflix on it and you'll be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

If you've given it as a gift and someone else uses it , it seems it links to your amazon account. I've got an email today saying someones device is now linked to my account after they've set it up. It's not listed in "my devices though" anyone know what to do about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭dodzy

If you've given it as a gift and someone else uses it , it seems it links to your amazon account. I've got an email today saying someones device is now linked to my account after they've set it up. It's not listed in "my devices though" anyone know what to do about that?

If you purchased it via amazon and marked it as “a gift” it will not be linked to your account. If you don’t mark as gift then it will. If the latter, it should be definitely found under account/manage your content & devices/devices tab, and you simply dereg.

Failing that, a quick call would sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Can anyone get STB EMU working on the 4k stick, or know which version of stb works and where to get it?

Ive it working perfectly and the standard stick, but after loading it on the 4k stick it won't launch.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

tonic wine wrote: »
    Can anyone get STB EMU working on the 4k stick, or know which version of stb works and where to get it?

Ive it working perfectly and the standard stick, but after loading it on the 4k stick it won't launch.

Thanks.

Version 1.1.7 or better works

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

Thanks.

DM'd you a link to StbEmu (Pro).ver.1.1.9.build.10110902

enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thanks.
    Sup08 wrote: »
    Version 1.1.7 or better works

enjoy
    What is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Its back to £49.99 at the moment on amazon.co.uk - you snooze, you loose - :(:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Thargor wrote: »
    What is it?

It's an iptv box emulator.

enjoy

Can you get any of the remote apps working with that version?

You need a subscription to a portal to make it work similar to a mag box

I know how it works.

Do you use any Remote control apps that are on the play store to control it is what I'm asking you
    Like this
    https://play.google.com/store/search?q=mag%20250%20remote%20control

batistuta9 wrote: »

I know how it works.

Do you use any Remote control apps that are on the play store to control it is what I'm asking you
    Like this
    https://play.google.com/store/search?q=mag%20250%20remote%20control

Magic remote should be on play store and iOS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Thanks.

enjoy
    Could I please get that DM as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement