Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mrsquigley

anyone know the average score on the test? is a combination of your score and your experience that gives you your OFM

• Registered Users Posts: 6 nettles7

Samsgirl wrote: »
    I scored 5th in first choice and 11th second choice. Really hopeful I will be successful in this campaign

Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Linking123!

307 Louth & 348 Meath. Wonder how that will work out!!😀

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Augustduck

I got 57 in Kilkenny, if I got called to round two and then to an interview, does anyone know the time line for this from previous years, if I was successful when would it be likely I would start start? Roughly based from previous years?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

Paddy2018 wrote: »
    The population profile of the counties you chose has a lot to do it. So if your counties include, for instance; Dublin, Cork, Galway or Kildare and your OOM is above the 500 mark; you should be confident about your prospects. Also consider that there are many who apply and have a higher OOM than yours who will find better short term wage prospects in the private sector and opt out of future stages. So, if your in it for the long term expect your OOM to go up and up.

If you are above the 500 mark in Limerick would you have a decent chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭nl2803

Placed 8 for Mayo and 18 for Sligo, hopefully wont be to long to get called for stage 2 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DsJewel

nl2803 wrote: »
    Placed 8 for Mayo and 18 for Sligo, hopefully wont be to long to get called for stage 2 😀

Fantastic result. Well done!

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the max score on the online questionnaire is? It says the qualifying score is 300.
    Not asking anyone's specific score obviously but mine was in the 400's and I'm wondering what it goes up to.

DsJewel wrote:
    Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the max score on the online questionnaire is? It says the qualifying score is 300. Not asking anyone's specific score obviously but mine was in the 400's and I'm wondering what it goes up to.

Mine was 700, and placed 8 and 18 so it must go higher, for people to place no 1

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Booella69

quote="DsJewel;107668561"]Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the max score on the online questionnaire is? It says the qualifying score is 300.
    Not asking anyone's specific score obviously but mine was in the 400's and I'm wondering what it goes up to.[/quote]

Not sure what the max score was but my result was just under double the qualifying score and I got 116 and 184 in my 1st and 2nd choices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Anniesland

DsJewel wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the max score on the online questionnaire is? It says the qualifying score is 300.
    Not asking anyone's specific score obviously but mine was in the 400's and I'm wondering what it goes up to.

I scored in mid 600's and got in 80s for Galway and 70s for mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Iwouldinmesack

Seems to me to be the most random way of scoring and ranking people tbh. Id love to know what the correct answers were that they were looking for and to compare them to the ones i gave.

Sounds like the max is around the 700's mark so. Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Mine was 700, and placed 8 and 18 so it must go higher, for people to place no 1

Any tips on how one scores 700? I only managed 471 in a test "with no right or wrong answers", for the first part do you just say you are brilliant at everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dublingirlx

I scored high 500's and was placed in oom 113 for my location. Not sure if I’ll ever hear anything but really hard to call it.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Pamelabeasley

I got a score of 560 and placed 238 for mayo and 410 for Sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Waiting16

Placed 8 for Mayo and 18 for Sligo, hopefully wont be to long to get called for stage 2 ��

Hi, well done, just wondering what was your overall score?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Sillyquestions

I placed low 400's for Wexford but low 200's for Wicklow. Any ideas why? Would most people from Wicklow just have gone for the Dublin competition?

Waiting16 wrote:
    Hi, well done, just wondering what was your overall score?

I scored 700 overall

I emailed them after the results issued and this is the response I received for stage 2

There are 3 stages to CO 2018 competition. Stage 2 is a supervised test that measures verbal and numerical responses. When you are called up to stage 2, there will be familiarization material sent out to help you understand the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭sully123

In the same boat as you,8 months TCO experience mattered sweet FA,one wonders the point of doing it cos it certainly wasnt for the pay.

I feel ye.

I did 18 months temp.

This is the third such public service exam I have done.
    Worst result yet! 387
    Just can't figure it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Clintewub

I got a score of 560 and placed 238 for mayo and 410 for Sligo
    Hey I got 570 and placed at oom 270 for Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ismisebridget

Hi guys I came 26 and scored 660. What does this really mean? Am I likely to get a job soon or not?! Thanks.
    I scored 20 for Waterford and 26 for tipperary.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 taraxxxxx

Hi there does does anyone no how many they called in Co Clare in the 2016 comp just to give an idea of our chances as im in the early 300s 🙄🙄 also 620 in limrick so not hopeful with that result. Anyone with knowledge from the 2016 campaign as to what they called to date!!😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

taraxxxxx wrote: »
    Hi there does does anyone no how many they called in Co Clare in the 2016 comp just to give an idea of our chances as im in the early 300s 🙄🙄 also 620 in limrick so not hopeful with that result. Anyone with knowledge from the 2016 campaign as to what they called to date!!😀

They are up to around 700 in limerick to stage two

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

They are up to around 700 in limerick to stage two

Do you know how many of those got placed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Do you know how many of those got placed?

No, there's loads of info in the 2016 thread if you want to trawl through it

• Registered Users Posts: 21 taraxxxxx

Thanks so even if you get to stage 2 am i right in saying you might not get placed.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Pamelabeasley

Clintewub wrote: »

That’s weird I just double checked mine and that’s definitely the oom and score I got. I wonder why?:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Clintewub

Clintewub wrote: »

That’s weird I just double checked mine and that’s definitely the oom and score I got. I wonder why?:eek:
    Sorry 270 for different county apologies

Advertisement