Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-11-2019, 12:01   #1591
Gonzo

Send a message via MSN to Gonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pad199207 View Post
Totally agree although more rain is not good news!
ground here is still saturated from the rains of the past 2 months, flood waters have gone, but the ditches here are still full of water. It won't take much for the floods to come back. If the rainfall totals over the next 10 days are to be believed then many parts of Meath and Kildare at least may finish this Autumn with record breaking rainfall totals for Autumn.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
19-11-2019, 13:16   #1592
SleetAndSnow

Yay more rain.. ground is saturated here in cork city too. We have to bear nearing one of the wettest autumn’s on record by now? I think there was a lot o days of light drizzle too, making it seem worse
19-11-2019, 13:20   #1593
Gonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleetAndSnow View Post
Yay more rain.. ground is saturated here in cork city too. We have to bear nearing one of the wettest autumn’s on record by now? I think there was a lot o days of light drizzle too, making it seem worse
what is your local met eireann station? Mine is Dunsany and all we need is another 50mm between now and midnight Saturday 30th to break the all time Autumn rainfall record..... we could easily get that 50mm by the weekend.
Thanks from:
19-11-2019, 13:33   #1594
SleetAndSnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
what is your local met eireann station? Mine is Dunsany and all we need is another 50mm between now and midnight Saturday 30th to break the all time Autumn rainfall record..... we could easily get that 50mm by the weekend.
Cork airport would be my local one, I’ll have a look to see the stats when I get onto my laptop at home! I remember Sryan saying we had the most sunshine of any station and it was gloomy for most of autumn here so god help the rest of the country if that’s still the case. 50mm really isn’t a lot to build up! Especially now with the front crossing the country tomorrow and coming days.

Edit: cork airport is showing we had a very wet October, wettest since 2016 but only 50mm in November surprisingly. The light drizzle really is worse then heavy rain sometimes
(3) thanks from:
19-11-2019, 15:27   #1595
Kermit.de.frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
South-mid Leinster looks in an awkward spot with continuous pulses of sometimes heavy rain later tonight through until Friday evening followed by short lull and off again on Saturday.

Could be some serious enough issues.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
19-11-2019, 15:54   #1596
Gonzo

lots of rainfall throughout Ireland and the UK over the coming week and much, much milder. Some charts showing temperatures up to 14C here next week, parts of southern England could see 16C next week. Mild temperatures are Europe wide over the next one to possibly three weeks, with many parts going close to 6C above average, more like 1 to 3C above average in Ireland. I think the main issue in Ireland will be the continued deluges rather than the temperatures.
Thanks from:
19-11-2019, 16:05   #1597
Goldfinch8

After a dull and damp start, the sky cleared in this part of Mayo just before 9 this morning and gave a decent day that we will gladly take here at this time of the year. Red berries on the hawthorn trees and hedges gleamed in the low November sun. Unfortunately the south east looking like getting a dose of our traditional autumnal fare here in the west.
19-11-2019, 18:44   #1598
appledrop

Turned out better than expected here in North County Dublin.

Dark+ drizzlely to start but then brighten up nicely.

The biggest change has been the pleasant rise in temperatures which is welcomed. It's been an extremely wet autumn here. High rainfall in Aug, Sep, Oct + Nov.

I read an article about weather in Dublin in first 2weeks iof Nov + they were saying East was getting weather West usually gets with all the rainfall.

If more rainfall coming Dublin total for Nov + also the year will be very high.
19-11-2019, 19:04   #1599
km79

Quote:
Originally Posted by appledrop View Post

The biggest change has been the pleasant rise in temperatures which is welcomed. It's been an extremely wet autumn here. High rainfall in Aug, Sep, Oct + Nov.

I read an article about weather in Dublin in first 2weeks iof Nov + they were saying East was getting weather West usually gets with all the rainfall.

Athenry 1245mm
Thanks from:
Advertisement
19-11-2019, 19:11   #1600
appledrop

Wow I would never be able to live in West!

I meant high relative for usual Dublin totals.
19-11-2019, 19:16   #1601
JCX BXC

When you live in the West all your life you don't know any better!
Thanks from:
19-11-2019, 19:17   #1602
Xenji

Quote:
Originally Posted by appledrop View Post

It is actually the 2nd driest November in Castlebar in 15 years so far....well if you can call 124mm of rain dry and we are up over 1600mm of rain for the year and 460mm for Autumn.

Offically Newport is at 1544.9mm.

Last edited by Xenji; 19-11-2019 at 19:20.
(3) thanks from:
19-11-2019, 19:18   #1603
Mortelaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by km79 View Post
Athenry 1245mm
I'm at less than half that for the year in Arklow
20-11-2019, 07:18   #1604
SleetAndSnow

Heavy showers during the night in cork city. Just got up to get ready now and another heavy shower has just bit. Gonna be a very unpredictable day I’d say.
Thanks from:
20-11-2019, 07:55   #1605
Mortelaro

Very wet in Arklow overnight
Currently wet and windy
Microbursts of heavier rain in it
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image