Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I was in a shop in town last week that had little Christmas gift sets for children, with colouring pencils and little colouring books with santa and elves on them. I should have bought one!

I'm going to stalk facebook now for Claus Lough. :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    I'm going to stalk facebook now for Claus Lough. :pac:

Very close. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Was late making my Christmas Chutney (all hail the mighty Delia) last year so it didn't have time to mature properly. Reefed it out of it's hiding place yesterday and Shiny Glass Baubles, Batman!! it was gorgeous! :D

Reckon I'll be starting into it in July/August this year if it tastes this good in time for Christmas!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

washiskin wrote: »
    Was late making my Christmas Chutney (all hail the mighty Delia) last year so it didn't have time to mature properly. Reefed it out of it's hiding place yesterday and Shiny Glass Baubles, Batman!! it was gorgeous! :D

Reckon I'll be starting into it in July/August this year if it tastes this good in time for Christmas!

Do you have the receipe for it? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭liamo22

YAY Christmas in Summer thanks TV3!

This Sunday, crack open some mulled wine and eat some pudding and enjoy Fred Claus

JSZ6ykb.png

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Do you have the receipe for it? :D

Here you go :)

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/type-of-dish/chutney/christmas-chutney.html

Cooks Notes: All Spice Berries can be found in reasonably big packs in any Polonia or other Eastern European food market.
    This made 5 medium sized jars.

A whopper of a chutney with a very mature cheese, makes a savage cheese & pickle sandwich. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

Tidying out our bedroom the other day, and fancied watching the telly too...so stuck on a Christmas DVD. National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. I know it's old... but made me feel all happy and warm! and it's funny too! :-)

Tidying out our bedroom the other day, and fancied watching the telly too...so stuck on a Christmas DVD. National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. I know it's old... but made me feel all happy and warm! and it's funny too! :-)

It's one of my favourites! It might be getting a viewing over the long weekend! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭liamo22

Is this some sort of thing they are doing this year ? :L

https://twitter.com/karenkoster/status/330336968468742144

Oooh, I hope it is! I love Christmas films in the summer. :)

(And Spring, Autumn and Winter...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Last night I watched Kirstie's Christmas Crafts (Or Crafty Christmas, don't know what it was). It was so Christmassy! Love it!

liamo22 wrote: »
    Is this some sort of thing they are doing this year ? :L

https://twitter.com/karenkoster/status/330336968468742144

Oh that's brilliant! Is that a real screenshot
    OMG Christmas Cheer throughout the Year on TV3 - Briliant!!!!

BJWXuP5CQAAH_Zi.jpg:medium

Woo Hoo!!!! Doing a bit of a clear-out and I found 12 Christmas Cookie Cutters!!!
    Sometimes I love being a dolt!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Woo Hoo!!!! Doing a bit of a clear-out and I found 12 Christmas Cookie Cutters!!!
    Sometimes I love being a dolt!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D
    ......and I bet your tempted to make a few cookie tonight?? Just cos, ya can? :)

......and I bet your tempted to make a few cookie tonight?? Just cos, ya can? :)

er......maybe.....:o:o :)

Actually, fellow Elves, I saw this on TV t'other day and figured it would be nice with a layered milk & white mousse on top of a winter fruit or cherry compote/jelly for a Christmas dessert.

http://www.foodnetwork.ca/ontv/shows/bake-with-anna-olson/recipe.html?dishid=12739&titleid=272497

Your thoughts?

Actually, fellow Elves, I saw this on TV t'other day and figured it would be nice with a layered milk & white mousse on top of a winter fruit or cherry compote/jelly for a Christmas dessert.

http://www.foodnetwork.ca/ontv/shows/bake-with-anna-olson/recipe.html?dishid=12739&titleid=272497

Your thoughts?

I'm drooling at the thought of them :P

Man this diet sucks sometimes haha!

Your thoughts?

They look gorgeous Washiskin! Yummy!
    Have to find some small balloons somewhere.

I can't believe it's 227 days to Christmas! Next month it will be in the 100s!
    This year is flying by.

I watched Seredipity the other night and it starts and ends with Christmas!

Even if you aren't a fan of rom coms - the song above is the fabulous Nick Drake - Northern Sky! :D

Maybe not as sophisticated as Milli's entry ^^^^^^^^^^^^^but I'm going to leave it here anyway: :D

Unfortunately the opticians, 'Optiks' on South Anne Street (just off Grafton Street, Dublin) closed it's doors forever at the beginning of the year.
    The upshot of this is that they still have a Christmas tree and decorations in their window!

If I pass by and see any renovations going on, I'll be sure to ask them for the tree, mashedbanana. ;)

Thanks Posy!!!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Had a sudden urge the other night to listen to Christmas music so that's what I did! :D have an album of dean martin, frank sinatra and nat king cole singing Christmas songs so it was perfect to send me off to sleep :o

You know when you just want to get a warm, cosy feeling??! Well, for me, Christmas music does it!

• Advertisement

leahyl wrote: »
    You know when you just want to get a warm, cosy feeling??! Well, for me, Christmas music does it!

Can't wait for the dark evenings again to curl up and listen to some christmas songs, pure warm and fuzzy bliss! :D

Definitely, the Christmas songs are very very comforting & of course nostalgic too! Lately I've been hunting down some really nice classical music (just to keep me focused & calm while doing the housework) it works in the very same way as Christmas music! ( for me anyways! )

This day in 7 months time we'll be so close to Christmas! :D

Thanks for the Status Quo song washiskin - I've never heard that one before.

Yes Christmas songs do make you feel so warm and fuzzy. Love it :D

I was watching the Eurovision on Saturday and so many of the little intros they have of the singers in their home countries (just before they play their song) had snow in them! I'm a huge snow fan and it always makes me think of Christmas.
    Love all that getting cosied up to go outside!

I was in my parent's house at the weekend and my Dad was playing Christmas songs from the 50s! Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Loughc wrote: »
    Can't wait for the dark evenings again to curl up and listen to some christmas songs, pure warm and fuzzy bliss! :D

+1! The "summer" hasn't even arrived yet (or maybe it has :D) and I'm wishing for the dark evenings and comfort food like casseroles and stews and coming home to Christmas ads on the telly :o

Quick! Christmas party time on E4 on The Mindy Project. Good ol George and Andrew telling me about their Last Christmas! :) Hope you're all keeping well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

This time 7 months, I'll be leaving out the milk / beer and cookies for Santa! Woohoo!

Someone I'm friends with on facebook...her hubby is doing a project at the moment, so she made a video of it. He's making a Christmas tree! and has added lights to it etc. Tis a job in process, It looks fab! She too was saying it's only 7 months away. but I think you know and I know...It'll be a lot sooner then that and we'll be putting up the decorations...starting the Christmas baking, pulling out the Christmas Cd's....fighting for carpark spaces, glaring at fellow Christmas shoppers, and just general Christmas love & cheer!!!!!!

I can bring it a bit closer for you all by saying 6 months tonight our Elf on the Shelf is expected to return from the North Pole :D

Home Alone 3 was on Film Four or one of them today. Now, technically its not a Home Alone as its such a bad movie, but its a big ol' nod towards the festive season!!! I'll have to find out how to upload pics, my sister is DDs Fairygodmother, so I try to get her funky Christmas gifts, one of them last year was a dressing gown. Imaginative you are all saying. Yes it was! It was (a) The Grinch dressing gown :D. I picked it up in Florida, I'm going to see if she'll let me upload a pic. Failing that, I got myself a Rudolph one!

• Advertisement

Christmas Mr. Bean on comedy extra now. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement