Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

This is a forum where people count down to Christmas starting from Stephen's Day. We judge nobody! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Emcm wrote: »
    I am so glad to have found this forum I am a Christmas nut I love it !!!!! My favourite thing in the world is shopping for Christmas decorations all year round My husband thinks I am a bit mad. I actually just bought some really cute things online this morning Is it too early ????? Will you judge me - looking forward to following this thread now

Come in, have a seat! You're amongst friends now.

Welcome to the nicest and best forum on Boards. There is def no judging here only j's we have here are jolly and joy! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

I am delighted to have found other Christmas lovers in will feel right at home !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I am delighted to have found other Christmas lovers in will feel right at home !

Welcome :) Especially for you:

Welcome Emcm - to The Tinsel Side. Its never too early to shop, I'm very organized, my parent's attic looks like a grotto now. Will pick up for the big people as I go :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

This one's for Emcm and all the newbies to Christmas Central here on Boards...stay tuned for recipes, wrapping ideas and much more Christmassy fun.... ;)

Ah guys thanks a million for all the tunes - brilliant !!!!! It will be great to chat about all things Christmassy I always start buying decorations early in the year some day soon I will have to stop as I will need an extension just simply to house the amount of decorations I own. There is great value online on things as its all out of season I got some lovely wee bits today for half nothing cannot wait for Mr Postman to bring them next week. I am already planning in my head where I will put them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

I went to my local ASDA last night about nine, went to ASDA. By the Basket there had a Xmas tree up!

I was like :eek:

Where online are you getting your decorations? :)

I got them through dress my home.ie. Its a lovely website for all lovely bits for your house Christmassy and not. There is lovely wee tea light ornaments, wall hangings and Christmas table runners and the like. They don't have a mad big selection at the minute but I would say it will be gorgeous come November. I just couldn't help ordering a few bits !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Good Food magazine start their Christmas Issue planning on Thursday!!! I look forward to that issue like you wouldn't believe :D

washiskin wrote: »
    Good Food magazine start their Christmas Issue planning on Thursday!!! I look forward to that issue like you wouldn't believe :D

Is that the subscription magazine or can you buy it in the shop?

leahyl wrote: »
    Is that the subscription magazine or can you buy it in the shop?

You can get it in the shops as well as on-line - I order mine through my local shop. The first issue I ever bought was the Christmas one in 1998.

Guess where I was a few wet Wednesdays ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Heading to New York for a few days in December. Can't wait to see all the Christmas stuff over there.

Squeeee! :D
    Where is that pub actually?

• Site Banned Posts: 192 ✭✭will.i.am

I was online earlier today and there were loads of pop up ads for school uniforms and it got me thinking about last year when all the tins of sweats began coming into Tesco when the kids went back to school at the end of August. I used got so excited thinking of this because I find once September comes it gets more Christmasey every day!

Posy wrote: »
    Squeeee! :D
    Where is that pub actually?

On top of the Hill of Skryne - about 8 or so miles from Dunshaughlin heading for Navan and then a couple of miles off the old N3..... it's like going back in time inside. Lovely roaring fire at the end of the bar and a bench along the wall. Not the most salubrious but on a quiet night the conversation is good.

OMG! :eek: :) "Even at the home of the black stuff, they dream of a white one" *whispers "Happy Christmas"! :D

Those Christmas Lights are in the window all year round.... Bar man said the do get a good few visitors around Christmas.

This has been on my mind the past few days too....very Christmas FM 2012

The Co-Operative Food Co ad is making DH jump out of his skin each time it comes on ...... Its The Most Wonnnnderful Time Of The Year la la la la

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭liamo22

So word from Harrods in London is the Christmas Department is opening earlier this year.... on Saturday the 13th of July!! :eek:

And this is their Christmas Bear this year :D:D

pjTjAFZ.jpg?1

So who is coming to London in a fortnight ? ;)

I would join you liamo, but I'm off to see The Killers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can barely contain myself, I'm like one of my smallies waiting for Santa. I've been counting down since the morning tickets were released. *Mwah* Brandon Flowers :D

liamo22 wrote: »
    So word from Harrods in London is the Christmas Department is opening earlier this year.... on Saturday the 13th of July!! :eek:

And this is their Christmas Bear this year :D:D

So who is coming to London in a fortnight ? ;)

OMG that bear is so CUTE!!!:D I wish I was going to London this year now!

Wait though, my friend is living in London at the mo so maybe she could bring one home to me!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

OMG that bear is so CUTE!!!:D I wish I was going to London this year now!

Wait though, my friend is living in London at the mo so maybe she could bring one home to me!

I love that bear! Must have! It's funny I only said it to my o/h we should go to London this year, now it's a must haha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

....anyone else hear that new ad on the tv? We got sky put back in I was driven demented without it for a couple of years...anyway, cant remember what the ad is actually for...but the song to go with is. 'It's the most wonderful time of the year'!!!!! I almost had a kitten when I heard it from the kitchen...bolted into the sitting room for a look,.... Christmas music in July people!!!! :-D

....anyone else hear that new ad on the tv? We got sky put back in I was driven demented without it for a couple of years...anyway, cant remember what the ad is actually for...but the song to go with is. 'It's the most wonderful time of the year'!!!!! I almost had a kitten when I heard it from the kitchen...bolted into the sitting room for a look,.... Christmas music in July people!!!! :-D

Yes! Thats the one I was on about yesterday. Its for the Co-op Food Co, driving Dh mad. Serves him right for not stopping at that shop for me two weeks ago.

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Yes! Thats the one I was on about yesterday. Its for the Co-op Food Co, driving Dh mad. Serves him right for not stopping at that shop for me two weeks ago.

I think I've found him the perfect gift!!! ;) :pac:

coal.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 focusvsastrata

I made a Christmas cake last night.

I think I've found him the perfect gift!!! ;) :pac:

coal.jpg

Almost (and I'm only weakly protesting here!) embarrassed to say, I actually have a few of those thrown in with my Christmas decorations. Picked them up a few years ago, thought they were brilliant! He better change the 'tude fast, I can tell ye, or thats exactly what will be under the tree for him.

• Advertisement

That Harrods bear is adorable Myself and my sisters went to London last November and the window display was just amazing it was a Disney princess theme just beautiful.

Got my wee parcel of decorations in the post today so excited !!!!! I love getting decorations early and planning where I will put them! Started to order bits from books clubs through work too great for stocking fillers for the kids it really eases the expense when you spread it out over a few months. I wonder will Argos do the 3 for 2 on toys this October I found that a great help last year as we have lots of nieces and nephews to buy for along with our own 4 so it's super to get every 3rd toy free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Just seen the above mentioned ad and I have to say it put me in the Christmas mood :o

I can feel my brain switching from summer to winter now that my holidays are over! I swear I only have 2 seasons. I book my holiday in January to have something to look forward to then as soon as its over the Christmas prep begins! :o:o

I see everyone's on a hiatus since the good weather's appeared. I don't judge! But I obviously like Christmas more than you! :p:p:p

Only joking! Go soak up the sun. The vitamin D will do us good come December:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Well I was in my local today for lunch.... sweating cos of this weather and lo and behold... what came on but.... the pogues and you know who... it was so funny.... it was happy christmas all round the table. Still have it going round in my head... and seems very weird with the sun still shining outside...... the dry tank... well... the nearest resevoir I suppose.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 66 ✭✭corklad12

I noticed that people in the last few days are in a very good mood because of the fine weather and it kind of reminded me about the good mood people were in around Christmas eve when people are looking forward to Christmas day with there families.

I think my love for Christmas has passed onto my children - they've just asked me to put on The Muppet's Christmas Carol. Of course, I said No :o I swear, I'm not currently sitting on the sofa watching it! :P

• Advertisement

Love2love wrote: »
    I think my love for Christmas has passed onto my children - they've just asked me to put on The Muppet's Christmas Carol. Of course, I said No :o I swear, I'm not currently sitting on the sofa watching it! :P

Well of course you're not. Whatever would make you think we'd even doubt you??? :D Ha, I checked my emails just there and I had one from Santa re my elf on the shelf! It arrived while I was filling a pool for the smallies :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Ah I love it when its the middle of a blistering July, when I am filled with joyful thoughts of Christmas, that there is somewhere 'safe' to wander into and say it out loud... well write it... at any rate... I am so looking forward to Christmas!!!

There is an ad on the telly just now, where there is Christmas type music on and they are having a summer family get together but it mimics Christmas Dinner and everytime I see it I end up whistling Christmas songs for the rest of the evening! :)

Hope all the rest of you Christmas lovers are enjoying your sneaky Christmas pleasures too!

eskimocat wrote: »
    Ah I love it when its the middle of a blistering July, when I am filled with joyful thoughts of Christmas, that there is somewhere 'safe' to wander into and say it out loud... well write it... at any rate... I am so looking forward to Christmas!!!

There is an ad on the telly just now, where there is Christmas type music on and they are having a summer family get together but it mimics Christmas Dinner and everytime I see it I end up whistling Christmas songs for the rest of the evening! :)

Hope all the rest of you Christmas lovers are enjoying your sneaky Christmas pleasures too!

The fact that we're having such great summer weather at the moment makes me even more excited for a snowy Christmas!! :D I have a feeling it's gonna be a harsh winter this year :pac:

The fact that we're having such great summer weather at the moment makes me even more excited for a snowy Christmas!! :D I have a feeling it's gonna be a harsh winter this year :pac:

I was just saying that to my O/H at the weekend...... :cool:
    Needless to say he was less than enthusiastic about it. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Happy Christmas Everyone!:D

*sorry, just practicing. Carry on.*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Got one or two more presents for Christmas today...
    /muststopbuying!

I haven't even made a Christmas list yet!! I'm so far behind!! :eek:

Happy Christmas to you too, Dexter! :D

With 3 kids.....my Christmas list has already been made..for me! I tell you though, I'm not going to do the dog on it this year with 102 boxes of Roses,heros, and quality street. I'm gonna put in a serious effort and make ALOT of my on stuff. I did cookies etc last year, but this year I'm gonna go all American on it! and pull back a bit on the shop bought stuff. Kids always remember baking in the kitchen with their mum at Christmas time, and I would like my girls to have hat nice memory too. They are a year older now, so this year should be memorable for them. They also just finished their kids cookery school, so no doubt they'll be lecturing me on what to bake.

I certainly wont be cooking a full ham again this year, it truly was miles too much for us. Even though I froze a lot of it too. Live & learn I suppose. I have the kids driven demented with Christmas music, himself arrived home from work early yesterday evening, and I got 'that look' from him, as much to say..'She's at it again with that bloody music'. I love winding him up!!!

Things I must get this year: proper Christmas mugs, the nice ones! I even saw proper Christmas delph on-line. A whole dinner set, only in the U.S though I think. Pity :-(
    & the 3 gold light up boxes sold in argos. 3 boxes, larger, med, & small, with plug in lights weaved through them. Will look fab in the hall.(Looks like I've started a list!)

With 3 kids.....my Christmas list has already been made..for me! I tell you though, I'm not going to do the dog on it this year with 102 boxes of Roses,heros, and quality street. I'm gonna put in a serious effort and make ALOT of my on stuff. I did cookies etc last year, but this year I'm gonna go all American on it! and pull back a bit on the shop bought stuff. Kids always remember baking in the kitchen with their mum at Christmas time, and I would like my girls to have hat nice memory too. They are a year older now, so this year should be memorable for them. They also just finished their kids cookery school, so no doubt they'll be lecturing me on what to bake.

I certainly wont be cooking a full ham again this year, it truly was miles too much for us. Even though I froze a lot of it too. Live & learn I suppose. I have the kids driven demented with Christmas music, himself arrived home from work early yesterday evening, and I got 'that look' from him, as much to say..'She's at it again with that bloody music'. I love winding him up!!!

Things I must get this year: proper Christmas mugs, the nice ones! I even saw proper Christmas delph on-line. A whole dinner set, only in the U.S though I think. Pity :-(
    & the 3 gold light up boxes sold in argos. 3 boxes, larger, med, & small, with plug in lights weaved through them. Will look fab in the hall.(Looks like I've started a list!)

OMG you are too much! Hilarious! :D

Ha ha mashedbanana, I "found" Christmas delph in the US. Sadly they were only 4 place settings in each box - so I had to buy two boxes. But the best bit - DH had to struggle back to the hotel with them AND he had to get them back here. He wasn't too happy, reading it back, I can see why he wouldn't go to that Christmas shop (I'm NOT letting that go <:( ).

Homestore and more had the boxes last year - AND they had a little reindeer made from the same material, but they sold out quick :'(

Happy shopping all!

Edit: L*ttlewoods and W*odies sold the delph sets last year.

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Ha ha mashedbanana, I "found" Christmas delph in the US. Sadly they were only 4 place settings in each box - so I had to buy two boxes. But the best bit - DH had to struggle back to the hotel with them AND he had to get them back here. He wasn't too happy, reading it back, I can see why he wouldn't go to that Christmas shop (I'm NOT letting that go <:( ).

Homestore and more had the boxes last year - AND they had a little reindeer made from the same material, but they sold out quick :'(

Happy shopping all!

Edit: L*ttlewoods and W*odies sold the delph sets last year.
    I have the reindeer! He's only handsome, It's cos of him I wanted the boxes!

I'd LOVE to get the full Christmas diner set, but it would probably cost a small fortune to ship it over if it was available for shipping. My Christmas table would be perfect then. Or I could buy a plain white set (like I saw for sale in dunnes not too long ago) and get creative with some Christmas stencils and proper paint. (I'm presuming there is actual paint out there specifically for this lol). Me feels a new project coming on!

Mashedbanana I have those light up Christmas presents from Argos I just love them they look gorgeous under the tree in my hall. What's the reindeer one like don't think I have seen it? Can you get it in Argos too.

My kids are talking about what they want too a massive dolls house and a kitchen are the 2 favourite things at the minute but won't be rushing out to buy as they change their mind so often. I have started buying stocking fillers books and art sets through book clubs at work always have good value.

Emcm, the reindeer was only in Homestore and more, and he was stupidly cheap too, something around €25. He was there from November from what I recall. He is beautiful with his little red nose.

My smallies are great, the eldest is only 6 and its so, so easy to buy for her. Dolls houses, Sylvanians, Disney Princesses all the way.....

I don't know about any of you, but I think (Lego & Pixar Cars aside) the selection of toys for girls is way better than for boys.

Mashedbanana I have those light up Christmas presents from Argos I just love them they look gorgeous under the tree in my hall. What's the reindeer one like don't think I have seen it? Can you get it in Argos too.

My kids are talking about what they want too a massive dolls house and a kitchen are the 2 favourite things at the minute but won't be rushing out to buy as they change their mind so often. I have started buying stocking fillers books and art sets through book clubs at work always have good value.
    Hi :-)
    I got my reindeer at Supervalu!!! He was the last one left, with no tag on him, so one of the girls said...'Emm, is a fiver okay?' :-D

He's 10 inches tall, and about 15 inches long, and only handsome, I assume they'll have them again this year. but I don't know the correct price, I was lucky is all. I remember the superviser shot the cashier a deadly look, LOL but I still got him for a fiver. Keep an eye out for them this year! :-)

A fiver that is brilliant what a deal will certainly watch out in Supervalue. I actually got my light up presents in Argos about a fortnight before Christmas 2 years ago in half price sale I was so delighted as in memory they were dear enough to begin with.

Definitely agree on more variety for girls there is so much to choose from To be honest sometimes I end up encouraging them to get stuff I want to play with myself. I have a total soft spot for wooden dolls houses and the Sylvanian family stuff is just gorgeous

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement