Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

interesting that the overall leader benched his three city players and the guy in second benched both his

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

mailburner wrote: »
    interesting that the overall leader benched his three city players and the guy in second benched both his

I thought I was a bit mad benching my 3 but guess I'm in good company. Only problem is if it goes wrong they'll drop a few places I'll drop a few hundred thousand!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Does anywhere have points per minute stats for players?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

jimmii wrote: »
    I thought I was a bit mad benching my 3 but guess I'm in good company. Only problem is if it goes wrong they'll drop a few places I'll drop a few hundred thousand!

You're in good company alright, 4 city players play for the top two and bilva is their highest pts scorer with 5

I played them of course

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I've really suffered this year by not respecting the cheap options. Justin, Soucek and Gundog have been great players this year, I've completly ignored them apart from Soucek who I've left on the bench most of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I've really suffered this year by not respecting the cheap options. Justin, Soucek and Gundog have been great players this year, I've completly ignored them apart from Soucek who I've left on the bench most of the time.

The last 2 weeks I have had Justin on the bench. And he will probably be on the bench again this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

The "What If" function on the Livefpl site really gives a good insight of what players around your rank will impact you the most.

https://www.livefpl.net/whatif

By default, page 1 is your team, but if you filter by "EO around you", you can see the impact players will have. Obv it's updated after each GW, but still it's really handy.

Somewhat worrying for me - out of the top 11 owned players for my rank, i only have 2. I have 7 within the top 22 owned.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Not FF related as such but I know he's got a bit of a cult following here. Nice story on how Soucek came from been considered not good enough for Czech division 2 football to playing in the PL.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56001747

• Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Not FF related as such but I know he's got a bit of a cult following here. Nice story on how Soucek came from been considered not good enough for Czech division 2 football to playing in the PL.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56001747

Fair play to him, seems like a really sound guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Another milestone for FPL: the total number of teams passes the 8-million mark for the first time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,229 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Another milestone for FPL: the total number of teams passes the 8-million mark for the first time.

There's 7m below me
    Feel smug now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

I wonder how many are duplicate or dead teams? People setting up teams to be top of the gw for a day etc.

Anyone want to hazard a guess at how many genuine accounts there are? I guess its closer to the number that started the season, prob 3/4 of that number.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

POKERKING wrote: »
    I wonder how many are duplicate or dead teams? People setting up teams to be top of the gw for a day etc.

Anyone want to hazard a guess at how many genuine accounts there are? I guess its closer to the number that started the season, prob 3/4 of that number.

There is a GW1 league - assume if you just look at the last place - that would be accurate. Obv there will be dead team, but at least it's showing everyone who signed up at the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Start 2 out of 4 this GW: Watkins, Bamford, Son and Dec-Reid?

Currently have them selected in the above order

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭bantee

Selection headache for GK this week: Mccarthy home to wolves who've been diabolical lately or Martinez away to the resurgent Brighton, leaning towards Mccarthy currently

bantee wrote:
    Selection headache for GK this week: Mccarthy home to wolves who've been diabolical lately or Martinez away to the resurgent Brighton, leaning towards Mccarthy currently

If I had Martinez I'd be starting him every week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Start Dallas away to Arsenal....or Coufal at home to Sheffield Utd?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

sheroman01 wrote: »

Coufal

sheroman01 wrote:

Coufal easily

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

Whats the favoured chip strategy going forward ive no FH for 29 but all other chips available and 2 fts this week.

Current team is
    Pope(Meslier)
    Robbo Cancelo Dias (Coufal, Ogbonna)
    Bruno Son Gundogan Grealish (Soucek)
    Bamford DCL Cavani

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

sheroman01 wrote: »

Coufal has better chance of clean sheet but Dallas is playing very far forward he looks liking scoring most games. I'd go Dallas but I can see why a lot of people would go Coufal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Hi all,
    my 5 defenders are Dias,Stones,Lowton,Wan Bissaka and Targett.

I see Dias has only 75% chance of starting up on his info.
    Playing 3 at back this week....was thinking of going with Dias,Stones and Lowton.

Bit worried now Dias may not start...so wonder might Wan Bissaka outscore him v WBA?
    Could go 4 at the back and drop Harvey Barnes from midfield but he is playing well at mo.

So nub of question....should I chance the 2 City boys:).....or go with Wan Bissaka and leave Dias first sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Hi all,
    my 5 defenders are Dias,Stones,Lowton,Wan Bissaka and Targett.

I see Dias has only 75% chance of starting up on his info.
    Playing 3 at back this week....was thinking of going with Dias,Stones and Lowton.

Bit worried now Dias may not start...so wonder might Wan Bissaka outscore him v WBA?
    Could go 4 at the back and drop Harvey Barnes from midfield but he is playing well at mo.

So nub of question....should I chance the 2 City boys:).....or go with Wan Bissaka and leave Dias first sub.

Dias trained today so should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Dias trained today so should be fine.

Thanks would ye reckon himself and Stones play both league games or should I drop one of them for Wan Bissaka who might get an attacking return v WBA?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭bantee

Went mad, took a -8 to get in Devordva Reid and Barnes so will BB now with Son, Dallas & Martinez too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭COH

Bench Robertson or Dallas this week anyone?

Or bench both and play Anguissa!???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Boots234

This may have been answered before but if you have 2 free transfers and you play Free hit will you lose one of your transfers for the following gameweek or still retain the 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

COH wrote: »
    Bench Robertson or Dallas this week anyone?

Or bench both and play Anguissa!???

I’d start Dallas ahead of Robertson on form personally

• Registered Users Posts: 12,356 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Boots234 wrote: »
    This may have been answered before but if you have 2 free transfers and you play Free hit will you lose one of your transfers for the following gameweek or still retain the 2?

Lose one of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Is Antonio likely to start? DCL seems to be gone for the weekend leaving him just with City game? I’m thinking of starting Antonio but benching DCL. Also starting Soucek and benching Son. Any advice on these selections?

Advertisement