Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

FHFC wrote: »
    Start Cresswell or Shaw?

What way did you go?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Finding it increasingly hard to enjoy football these days and I think fantasy football might be a reason (VAR, offside no crowds all contributing) .

Very jealous of KM79 who took the year off as was probably the year to do it. Might do the same next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Finding it increasingly hard to enjoy football these days and I think fantasy football might be a reason (VAR, offside no crowds all contributing) .

Very jealous of KM79 who took the year off as was probably the year to do it. Might do the same next year.

I'm the opposite, it's been one of the few of my hobbies that kept going during lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I'm the opposite, it's been one of the few of my hobbies that kept going during lockdown.

Yeah same the most boring days have been the non-football ones so little else to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Is there any way to find/search for teams on FPL, cant see a function on desktop version. Rumours online that Andy Robertson sold Mane and bought Son before the deadline, now today it comes out Mane is injured. Theres tweets from last September saying the name of his FPL team is Show me the Mane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Is there any way to find/search for teams on FPL, cant see a function on desktop version. Rumours online that Andy Robertson sold Mane and bought Son before the deadline, now today it comes out Mane is injured. Theres tweets from last September saying the name of his FPL team is Show me the Mane

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/3011137/event/21

I genuinely just googled Andy Robertson and Fantasy PL.

99% sure this is his.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Muahahaha wrote: »

All you have to do is type in any Premier League player's name into Google followed by 'fpl team' and it should bring up their team in one of the first few results.

Robbo transferred Mané and Bamford out for Son and DCL for a hit this GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,844 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Spurs looking so ropey at the front here, coupled with Chelsea coming off 2 clean sheets under Tuchel has me wondering which of my front 8 to bench this week.

It won’t realistically be Salah, Bruno, Grealish or Gundogan.

Finding it really difficult to decide between Son, Antonio, Bamford and DCL.

Is DCL the right shout after what we’ve watched this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

CSF wrote: »
    Spurs looking so ropey at the front here, coupled with Chelsea coming off 2 clean sheets under Tuchel has me wondering which of my front 8 to bench this week.

It won’t realistically be Salah, Bruno, Grealish or Gundogan.

Finding it really difficult to decide between Son, Antonio, Bamford and DCL.

Is DCL the right shout after what we’ve watched this weekend?

I'll be benching DCL, playing Bamford and Antonio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

All you have to do is type in any Premier League player's name into Google followed by 'fpl team' and it should bring up their team in one of the first few results.

Robbo transferred Mané and Bamford out for Son and DCL for a hit this GW.

given bamford's returns I'm guessing he is regretting the hit !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Assuming both are fit, bench Cresswell (avl) or Saka (wol)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Minamino to Southampton might be interesting at 6.0
    And the new Liverpool CB could be a shout but they might overprice him given he'll get a lot of gametime

Any other interesting moves yesterday FPLwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Start one of Chilwell, Cresswell or Holding? Have Mendy in goal so thinking Holding

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Start one of Chilwell, Cresswell or Holding? Have Mendy in goal so thinking Holding

If Chilwell starts, I'd fancy him to do well. Spurs look clueless going forward withough Kane.

Holding has a decent chance of getting a CS v Wolves too.

Cresswell could also do well.

IMO, I'd start Chilwell, have Holding as 1st sub, Cresswell 2nd sub.

Anyone else you could bench?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

Have a similar problem with benching. Justin, Cresswell, Dallas, Wilson. Play 2 out of 4. I might throw Son into that to be honest making it play 3 out of 5 bearing how bad Spurs were on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

If Chilwell starts, I'd fancy him to do well. Spurs look clueless going forward withough Kane.

Holding has a decent chance of getting a CS v Wolves too.

Cresswell could also do well.

IMO, I'd start Chilwell, have Holding as 1st sub, Cresswell 2nd sub.

Anyone else you could bench?

Not really, Robertson and Cancelo the other defenders. Maybe Son given how poor Spurs are

Does Trent still take corners? Used to be one of his big point gainers in the glory days but in my mind I can only picture the Robertson ones recently. Do they tend to go short more often from Trent's side?

Trying to figure out the more worthy of their price among the Liverpool defence as they may start to become more necessary if they have CBs now.

Does Trent still take corners? Used to be one of his big point gainers in the glory days but in my mind I can only picture the Robertson ones recently. Do they tend to go short more often from Trent's side?

Trying to figure out the more worthy of their price among the Liverpool defence as they may start to become more necessary if they have CBs now.

Trent takes them on his side.

Robertson takes them on his side.

No more VVD or Matip to head them in so no point in factoring it in to your decision.

Trent takes them on his side.

Robertson takes them on his side.

No more VVD or Matip to head them in so no point in factoring it in to your decision.
    The CB they signed last night has 3 goals in each of the last 2 seasons, which isn't actually that bad. Hard to believe Van Dijk only had 9 goals over the 2 seasons previous to this aswell, when you consider how threatening he always looks every time he is up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

The CB they signed last night has 3 goals in each of the last 2 seasons, which isn't actually that bad. Hard to believe Van Dijk only had 9 goals over the 2 seasons previous to this aswell, when you consider how threatening he always looks every time he is up there.

Not sure if anyone saw it on Twitter/bbc yesterday but apparently Liverpool’s new signing is the first player with a palindrome name (can be read forwards or backwards) and signed on a palindrome date 1/2/21.

Kabak is the guys surname.

• Advertisement

New guys were added:
    King comes in at 5.5 for Everton
    Kabak comes in at 5.0 for Liverpool
    Davies comes in at 5.0 for Liverpool

They seem to be priced about right, or at least they don't seem to be priced so we can take advantage :)

New guys were added:
    King comes in at 5.5 for Everton
    Kabak comes in at 5.0 for Liverpool
    Davies comes in at 5.0 for Liverpool

They seem to be priced about right, or at least they don't seem to be priced so we can take advantage :)
    I think they're all priced beautifully for if they can become starters. I guess Kabak has the best chance of the bunch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Wow:)

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

I think they're all priced beautifully for if they can become starters. I guess Kabak has the best chance of the bunch

He's priced so I can bump my 4.5 benchwarmer to Kabak and also keep my 3 premium defenders so I'm definitely happy
    Will have to wait and see what happens to the team sheet before I do anything though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I'll be strongly looking at King at that price.

I'll be strongly looking at King at that price.

You’re an Everton fan right? What are his prospects to start most games?

You’re an Everton fan right? What are his prospects to start most games?

Aye, I think he could well be a starter in future for who I'm not sure. Could maybe see everton shift to somewhat of a 4-4-2 with Rich and James on the wings with DCL/King up top.

I think King can play across the front 3 and in the hole.

Assuming King looks good I could see a potential line up of

DCL King
    Richi Doucoure Allan James

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Great to see King back....always served me well in FPL

• Registered Users Posts: 15,167 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Would King move onto pens at Everton?

3 of his 6 goals last season were penalties.
    5 from 12 were penalties the season before.

• Advertisement

Fitz* wrote: »
    Would King move onto pens at Everton?

3 of his 6 goals last season were penalties.
    5 from 12 were penalties the season before.

Would depend if Siggy is on the pitch I think. Richi is behind him. Ideally Siggy wouldn't even be on the pitch :pac:

Advertisement