Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Fitz* wrote: »
    Would King move onto pens at Everton?

3 of his 6 goals last season were penalties.
    5 from 12 were penalties the season before.

Unlikely until he is a regular starter and penalties become an option.

I’m sure if he is on the pitch and regular takers are not ... he will step up, but anyone giving an answer before he has kicked a ball for Everton would be making a guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I don't know who to out first sub this week. Dallas or cresswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I can't see Josh King going from being a backup at Bournemouth to starting at Everton, barring injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

JPA wrote: »
    I can't see Josh King going from being a backup at Bournemouth to starting at Everton, barring injuries.

I can. Our last formation was

DCL
    Richi - James - Iwobi

I can see King coming in for Iwobi shortly. Again I'm 90% sure he can play across the front 3 I think it'll give Everton a lot of options with formations and subs etc

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I can. Our last formation was

DCL
    Richi - James - Iwobi

I can see King coming in for Iwobi shortly. Again I'm 90% sure he can play across the front 3 I think it'll give Everton a lot of options with formations and subs etc

Well, you would know more than me.
    If he is to play wide, he needs to be able to be cutting in to the box rather than being a winger putting in crosses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Any thoughts of 2 from 3 (Bamford, Antonio, Watkins) to start. Thinking Bamford and one of the 2.

Second dilemma, straight choice between Holding and Targett in the defense. Leaning towards Holding. Pep roulette might bring in the other option eventually anyway off the bench.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I wanted to swap Werner out for Firminho, but i accidentally swapped out DCL instead :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

What are people's thoughts on Soucek now that Antonio is back, not really keen on 2 West Ham players.

Front 8 is below
    Grealish, Bruno, Salah, Gundo, Soucek
    Bamford, DCL, Antonio

Thinking Soucek to Barnes is a wise move as I have no Leicester cover and after last weekend's horror show want a strong 15 so no more fodder in my team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Pickford isn't between the sticks for the Leeds game.
    Think that actually makes them better?

I had Bamford starting and Antonio first sub but might swap them around

• Registered Users Posts: 17,236 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Just giving ye the heads up lads

I benched Bamford last week - 15 points
    I benched Soucek previous week - 15 points

This week I'm benching DCL so if you have him play him even give him the armband

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I’m thinking of starting Holding over Bamford, thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Bamford is one goal away from 100 - so he might be gunning for it at home just a thought

Bamford can also miss 10 chances and score, but if Holding conceeds very hard to make up those points. but then Wovles are dire at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭skippy15

Green&Red wrote: »
    I’m thinking of starting Holding over Bamford, thoughts?

Think bamford is a confidence player and a little streaky, I was going get rid but reckon over the next 3/4 games he start getting returns as they always seem to create and concede chances,
    Also kabak looks good at that price once he starts 2/3 as looks like matip out for season also

• Registered Users Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    I don't know who to out first sub this week. Dallas or cresswell?
    I think Villa are a good bit more likely to score than Everton (who play a weaker defence but look so so blunt right now), so it comes down ultimately to how high you rate their chances of attacking returns this week.

Cresswell's 8 assists is amazing, and he has reached top pointscoring defender as a result, but Dallas with 4 goals and 2 assists isn't weak in this regard either.

I think I'd still edge Cresswell for the consistency of his returns though. Dallas defo has a better chance of a double digit score though IMO.

CSF wrote: »
    I think Villa are a good bit more likely to score than Everton (who play a weaker defence but look so so blunt right now), so it comes down ultimately to how high you rate their chances of attacking returns this week.

Cresswell's 8 assists is amazing, and he has reached top pointscoring defender as a result, but Dallas with 4 goals and 2 assists isn't weak in this regard either.

I think I'd still edge Cresswell for the consistency of his returns though. Dallas defo has a better chance of a double digit score though IMO.

I went cresswell during the week as well!! I was leaning Dallas as I can't see a clean sheet for West ham really. Think it's a 50/50 call really.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Is there any way to see what other players have in the bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,169 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

keane2097 wrote: »
    Is there any way to see what other players have in the bank?

Go into their team points on the site and scroll to the bottom. Shows transfer history, team value and money in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

kilburn wrote: »
    What are people's thoughts on Soucek now that Antonio is back, not really keen on 2 West Ham players.

Front 8 is below
    Grealish, Bruno, Salah, Gundo, Soucek
    Bamford, DCL, Antonio

Thinking Soucek to Barnes is a wise move as I have no Leicester cover and after last weekend's horror show want a strong 15 so no more fodder in my team

It looks like that even with Antonio and Lingard in the team, Soucek is gonna keep scoring goals

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Late Saturday through to Monday the Eastern half and Northern portions of England are at risk of receiving heavy snow. So in GW23 looking at maybe the Sheffield United and Leeds games could be affected.

With no 10s of thousands of people to think about though I'd imagine if snow was an issue they should be able to battle through it.

dsmythy wrote: »
    Late Saturday through to Monday the Eastern half and Northern portions of England are at risk of receiving heavy snow. So in GW23 looking at maybe the Sheffield United and Leeds games could be affected.

With no 10s of thousands of people to think about though I'd imagine if snow was an issue they should be able to battle through it.

Yeah I think without crowds travelling the games will happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Would appreciate any thoughts or advice, not a clue who to bench this week, struggling to pick one out of the following

Bruno, Gundogan, Grealish, Salah, Son
    Antonio, Bamford, Vardy.

Spurs have been in free fall the last while, but hard to bench Son when they’re playing West Brom.
    Possibly Vardy as he’s only back from injury?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

Up to 37th in the sky fantasy football game. Looking to do the double after winning it last season. Wouldn’t mind another 50k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Up to 37th in the sky fantasy football game. Looking to do the double after winning it last season. Wouldn’t mind another 50k.

Ah stop, that’s unreal going to be up in the running again this year, best of luck 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Would appreciate any thoughts or advice, not a clue who to bench this week, struggling to pick one out of the following

Bruno, Gundogan, Grealish, Salah, Son Antonio, Bamford, Vardy.

Spurs have been in free fall the last while, but hard to bench Son when they’re playing West Brom. Possibly Vardy as he’s only back from injury?

Gundogan maybe? Debating who to bench between him and Cancelo myself

I think I'm going to play cancelo and bench Dias and TAA. Dallas, Cresswell and Cancelo. If cancelo doesn't play then Dias can come in as first sub. Cancelo has higher ceiling. TAA is leaving the team next week so I'm not even bothered about playing him. Prob grab a BUR def

• Registered Users Posts: 7,048 ✭✭✭COH

Am I mad benching Robertson and Cancelo this week and playing Dallas and Coufal? Feels wrong. But I've 5 players in the Liverpool ManCity game as it stands (Salah/Sterling/Gundog) :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

COH wrote: »
    Am I mad benching Robertson and Cancelo this week and playing Dallas and Coufal? Feels wrong. But I've 5 players in the Liverpool ManCity game as it stands (Salah/Sterling/Gundog) :eek:

I wouldnt bench they as they both have potential attacking returns, probably wont get CS points but can see them both returning an assist maybe a goal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Any chance Chilwell starts over Alonso this week? Would hate to start him over Mee and get a late cameo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Start Cancelo or Coufal? Already have Cresswell starting as well as Shaw.

• Advertisement

Any chance Chilwell starts over Alonso this week? Would hate to start him over Mee and get a late cameo.

Definitely a chance

Advertisement