Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Movies **Use Spoiler Tags**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I can't remember if it was just someone speculating or even a rumour but I definitely remember someone saying that Ant-Man 3 could be used as a backdoor introduction for FF especially seeing as Peyton Reed either wrote a script or just pitched an idea for an FF movie set in the 60s way before the MCU was a thing.

Also, in the comics, there's a plot where Scott Lang gets hired by Reed Richards to look after the Future Foundation (basically a school the FF run) while he's away. It was quite fun from the little memory I have left of it :D

You have to think Marvel are looking at fun ways to introduce the new properties.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,322 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Orphan Black star Tatiana Maslany has landed the title lead role in Marvel's Disney+ series She-Hulk

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Orphan Black star Tatiana Maslany has landed the title lead role in Marvel's Disney+ series She-Hulk

I haven't gotten round to watching Orphan Black yet but she's meant to be amazing in it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I haven't gotten round to watching Orphan Black yet but she's meant to be amazing in it.

Watch it, she truly is. Her ability to play 4, 5 characters in a single scene and come across like 4 or 5 separate actors is amazing. Not to mention when she plays a character playing another character. It's kinda nuts. Good show too TBH.

As to the casting, good choice as she's definitely not as high profile as she should be. I know little of She Hulk generally if I'm honest, bar that she's a lawyer and her Hulk persona has more retained intellect.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Watch it, she truly is. Her ability to play 4, 5 characters in a single scene and come across like 4 or 5 separate actors is amazing. Not to mention when she plays a character playing another character. It's kinda nuts. Good show too TBH.

As to the casting, good choice as she's definitely not as high profile as she should be. I know little of She Hulk generally if I'm honest, bar that she's a lawyer and her Hulk persona has more retained intellect.

First time I've been excited about comic book casting in a long time.

Those scenes where she's playing a character playing another character that she plays are insane and she makes it look effortless. Seeing as She-Hulk is usually sold as a personality change where Jennifer basically loses all her inhibitions...

She-Hulk could be a lot of things. They could play her as a Deadpool lite, she used to break the 4th wall quite a bit. Or, they could go for a super-hero-meets-court-room-drama comedy, as that's where most of her solo books in more recent years tend to land (especially the Slott runs, which I recommend if you want to read a series).

That being said she's also a Hulk, so she has had a few huge, dramatic, dark arcs where she can't control the hulk side. She did end up killing Vision in Avengers Disassembled for one (spoiler for possible future MCU arcs:
    Scarlet Witch goes insane and mind controls the Avengers into falling apart
    ).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,163 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Can't lie I was hoping the Alison Brie rumours were true but often in these cases the name being heavily linked ends up being a smokescreen.

I hope she ends up in the genre anyway, she feels like a perfect fit.

Can't lie I was hoping the Alison Brie rumours were true but often in these cases the name being heavily linked ends up being a smokescreen.

I hope she ends up in the genre anyway, she feels like a perfect fit.

She definitely manage the comedy stuff really well. Yeah I'd like her to get in somewhere to the MCU, she's great in everything.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Brie seems content acting in various offbeat, relatively once off roles. The MCU is a commitment now to more than just your titular movies but crossovers and cameos. Can't see it appealing to everyone, especially more exacting, or picky actors. It's a fairly industrial series now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

pixelburp wrote: »
    Brie seems content acting in various offbeat, relatively once off roles. The MCU is a commitment now to more than just your titular movies but crossovers and cameos. Can't see it appealing to everyone, especially more exacting, or picky actors. It's a fairly industrial series now

Could easily do a side role in one series. Like Michael Pena's character in Ant Man, Korg in Thor, or Spiderman's friend

• Registered Users Posts: 60,355 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Advertisement

Looks quite Legionney. Looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

That looks so good very like the Vision comic series aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 32,049 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Cracking bit of casting I think.
    She is fantastic in orphan black, as well as a supporting role in stronger.

Alison Brie would have been a decent shout as well.

Yeh I like the look of this! Kathryn Hahn is always great!

Samuel L. Jackson to Star in Nick Fury Series in Works at Disney+
    Samuel L. Jackson could be strapping on that eyepatch for a while longer: Disney+ is reportedly developing a series centered on Jackson’s MCU character, Nick Fury, with Jackson on board to reprise the role.

As sources told our sister publication Variety, Kyle Bradstreet (Mr. Robot, Berlin Station) will write and executive-produce the project. Plot details, however, are currently being kept under wraps, and Disney+ has not commented on Variety‘s report.

Jackson made his first appearance as S.H.I.E.L.D. leader Nick Fury in 2008’s Iron Man, which served as the inaugural film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. He has since popped up in numerous Marvel movies, including The Avengers (in which Fury is responsible for gathering the titular group of superheroes), Captain Marvel (which found Fury teaming up with Brie Larson’s title character) and, most recently, the 2019 flick Spider-Man: Far From Home.

The character has also jumped to the small screen before, by way of two Season 1 episodes of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Disney+’s potential Nick Fury series is one of several Marvel projects on the streamer’s slate, along with WandaVision, premiering in late 2020 (watch trailer); The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, delayed due to the coronavirus pandemic; Loki, starring Tom Hiddleston; and She-Hulk, which recently cast Orphan Black‘s Tatiana Maslany in the title role.

https://tvline.com/2020/09/25/samuel-l-jackson-nick-fury-series-disney-plus-marvel/

If it's a series I'd expect it to be Young Avengers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Maybe something like Secret Warriors where they go up against Leviathan which was introduced in Agent Carter

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Jamie Foxx's Electro from The Amazing Spider-Man 2, will be appearing in Sony/Marvel's Spider-Man 3.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/spider-man-3-jolt-jamie-foxx-returning-as-electro-exclusive

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Jamie Foxx's Electro from The Amazing Spider-Man 2, will be appearing in Sony/Marvel's Spider-Man 3.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/spider-man-3-jolt-jamie-foxx-returning-as-electro-exclusive

Oh no. That’s not good. He was an awful villain.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Just came in to post this. I'm so confused, I'd they were going to use a villain from a previous franchise I would've loved to see Alfred Molena back as Doc Ock.

Loughc wrote: »
    Oh no. That’s not good. He was an awful villain.

The Goblin & Rhino respectively say hello...
    Just came in to post this. I'm so confused, I'd they were going to use a villain from a previous franchise I would've loved to see Alfred Molena back as Doc Ock.

But aren't The Amazing Spider-Man films the previous franchise?

Like will he be playing a brand new iteration of Electro or will it be the same from the previous film?

Like will he be playing a brand new iteration of Electro or will it be the same from the previous film?

I'd assume it'll be the same from The Amazing Spider-Man 2. We all know how notoriously tight lipped Marvel are with stuff.

Surprised Feige is embracing the multiverse to this level where he's bringing back failed iterations but I suppose the possibilities are endless. It keeps the hardcore fanbase sweet too while he takes chances with other projects.

How long before Maguire & Garfield turn up and it turns into a live action Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

• Registered Users Posts: 33,293 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Oh great, the worst Spider-Man character from the worst Spider-Man movie.

You'd almost think Marvel are trying to tank Spider-Man 3 so Sony might consider selling the rights back to Marvel.

Let's hope they come up with a better motive for him this time than "Spider-Man doesn't remember my name...."

That's a really weird story. I'm still not sure I believe it. To be fair, Foxx is a good actor so perhaps the MCU are just that ballsy that they believe they can reset Foxx's Electro into something that works?
    How long before Maguire & Garfield turn up and it turns into a live action Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

Maguire is barely in anything these days; I've heard tell he kinda burnt a lot of bridges in being a bit of a díck - but not one worth putting up with so drifted into the background.

Should be interesting to see what Foxx can do with a different version of Electro anyway as that performance was too bad to be true. Gave off Jim Carrey vibes in Batman Forever with his oddball hideout and what not.

Multiverse will give them some fascinating chances anyway. Could Defoe come back as an alive and ticking Norman?

• Advertisement

Since Raimi is involved now in the Multiverse of Madness a few faces from his Spidey verse might show up.

Advertisement