Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭blade1

This doesn't annoy me. It's just an observation I've made and don't know where else to post it ( maybe someone should start a trivial observation thread ) but I've noticed that negative threads on board get way more traffic than positive ones. Like if there was a thread called something you really like and another thread called something you really hate, the hate thread will get way more traffic. Just a trivial observation. :)

Yeah probably angry people wanting a confrontation on them I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,284 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Due to Covid everything is a mess.
    In some places if you go for an NCT you’ve to wait outside in the cold which is annoying.
    An elderly couple is told this and they won’t let anybody bring their car for them. Instead they both go and make an outing of it and despite the fact it’s raining they won’t bring coats, umbrellas,etc.
    They then ring radios stations and get their children to kick up a fuss on social media about its.

blade1 wrote:
    Yeah probably angry people wanting a confrontation on them I think.

There's definitely some that love an oul argument around any topic alright. I wonder do people find a more negative thread appealing though just as a place to vent whatever frustrations they may be feeling in their lives. Just wondering the reason behind the trend of negative threads being more popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,412 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

They just tend to be funnier, imo. Not the full on rage-filled ones you see in CA and the like, obvs, but this thread is way funnier than the trivially happy one, to me, anyway.

Dial Hard wrote:
    They just tend to be funnier, imo. Not the full on rage-filled ones you see in CA and the like, obvs, but this thread is way funnier than the trivially happy one, to me, anyway.

Oh yeah I wasn't talking about this one as I know a lot of it is piss take ranting....well most of it anyways :D

• Advertisement

There's definitely some that love an oul argument around any topic alright. I wonder do people find a more negative thread appealing though just as a place to vent whatever frustrations they may be feeling in their lives. Just wondering the reason behind the trend of negative threads being more popular.

Yeah if you ever read the covid thread, loads of people moaning about nphet,rte and government only spreading doom and gloom.
    Fair enough there hasn't been much good news in the last year but the posters on about them are more doom and gloom than rte, nphet and government all put together.

blade1 wrote:
    Yeah if you ever read the covid thread, loads of people moaning about nphet,rte and government only spread doom and gloom. Fair enough there hasn't been much good news in the last year but the posters are more doom and gloom than rte, nphet and government all put together.

I avoid all the covid stuff on this to be honest. There's a woman in work obsessed with telling anyone that will listen all the latest things in the media and numbers etc and I've told her ( not in a thick way as we get on and know each other ) that I don't want to hear it. No point in getting too wrapped up in it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I think a lot of people nowadays are just inherently unhappy, on and off Boards tbh. Covid aside, as obviously we can't yet even count the way it has affected us all, but even before covid, I noticed that there is really only a thin veneer of patience and outward happiness with a lot of people, and it doesn't take much to set them off. I think anyone who vies for the last word like their life depends on it, or is just mean spirited to other posters for the sake of it, definitely has something else going on!

TA taking my dog for a booster shot which should be a simple in and out job, still end up waiting almost an hour. What's the point making an appointment? And the waiting doesn't bother me really, but she gets very anxious waiting to go in and I hate when that's dragged out!

I avoid all the covid stuff on this to be honest. There's a woman in work obsessed with telling anyone that will listen all the latest things in the media and numbers etc and I've told her ( not in a thick way as we get on and know each other ) that I don't want to hear it. No point in getting too wrapped up in it all.

My mother does that with Facebook. At one point Facebook was her news source. She'd sit there scrolling and announcing her prophecies of doom. Eventually we'd to tell her social media isn't a reliable news source :D

Yeah I pop in and out just to see is there any change and tbh I just take it with a pinch of salt.
    As we speak I just said I'd check it out and yeah still the same.
    Couldn't resist responding :pac:

Screenshot-20210410-114252.jpg

• Advertisement

blade1 wrote:
    Yeah I pop in and out just to see is there any change and tbh I just take it with a pinch of salt. As we speak I just said I'd check it out and yeah still the same. Couldn't resist responding

Ara the good times will be back....... actually wait, is this the new normal?!!! :pac: it's been a bit all consuming this past year and a bit but one thing that we still have control over is our own minds and how we can choose to respond to or ignore what we want to ignore. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'm in some group thing that has gone dead and some guy went through all the phone numbers found mine and started asking me for pictures?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,856 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

My mother’s birthday today so we gave presents this morning etc... three of my cousins called (same household) and stayed for a few minutes chatting at great distance in their front garden giving a gift... my cousins were admiring my parents new car and asking a few questions, my Dad, “ here I’ll grab the keys, you can jump in and take a look ... I’ll show you xyz... “ everyone...’err no thanks best if we don’t Dave “. Him: : “well I’ll just quickly show you remember you were asking about the...” my mother on her birthday started loosing her temper at this point where I had to intervene with something a little lighter and him getting the ‘death stare’....

We are well over a year into this yet STILL having to manage and worry about the man (who is an intelligent person) and his brain being unable to click into covid protection mode and mindset, unable to NOT want and try to be around people, interacting with them... it’s draining..

I got cold after my run earlier and CANNOT get the heat back into me since. Currently shivering in the bath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Dial Hard wrote: »

That's my opinion too. Larry David springs to mind. There's something really funny about people getting worked up over something really easily and its even funnier when it's trivial.
    I think humour is a defense and coping mechanism for alot of people and its why funerals can be funny or the ruining a wedding thread is funny. The incongruity of something joyful turning into chaos makes people laugh.
    Misery loves company too though and as Antares said, there are alot of unhappy out there who use it as a platform to vent or unload on others.

TA...i cant think of a ta right now and im off topic...i guess that's my ta..being off topic :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Feel-good diversity e.g. the recent black Rose of Tralee. Real diversity would have a loyalist lass from East Belfast with a union tattoo on her arm as the rose.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Waiting for a call for my vaccination and no info from my GP or Hospital, also waiting for a package from Ebay for the last few weeks now, getting annoying. Getting thoroughly fed up with this Pandemic nonsense at this stage, give us our bloody music festivals back or we're going to hold a psytrance rave in Leinster House. :):(

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Waiting for a call for my vaccination and no info from my GP or Hospital, also waiting for a package from Ebay for the last few weeks now, getting annoying. Getting thoroughly fed up with this Pandemic nonsense at this stage, give us our bloody music festivals back or we're going to hold a psytrance rave in Leinster House.

Ooh can I come? :D

I got cold after my run earlier and CANNOT get the heat back into me since. Currently shivering in the bath.

Well that went well. Hot water ran out halfway through washing my hair. Ended up colder getting out than I was getting in. Still haven't warmed up.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Hot water bottle, Dial Hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Well that went well. Hot water ran out halfway through washing my hair. Ended up colder getting out than I was getting in. Still haven't warmed up.

Do you have anyone to get nekkid with? Skin to skin heat transfer works very well to in mild hypothermia situations. Had to use it myself 25 years ago in Hot Water beach, NZ.

TA'd I've no one to get nekkid with (for whatever reason) for several years now.

https://blog.nols.edu/blog/blog-new/2015/04/24/why-snuggling-wont-treat-hypothermia-but-doesnt-hurt-either

• Registered Users Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

New Home wrote: »
    Hot water bottle, Dial Hard.

Given the way their day is going, they'll boil the kettle for it, and out will pour ice cubes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I'm about halfway through a 5000 project for uni, computer screen started flickering and the settings and programs are kicking off.
    To make sure I have something if the computer dies before my deadline, I save my work as I go along on a USB.

I have covid brain and have been saving to the stick using the save as function!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! three days work down the drain.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Pregnancy hormones..have I lost my mind :(

Make sure your feet arent cold getting into bed or the rest of you won't heat up.
    As New Home said hot water bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Speedsie wrote: »
    Do you have anyone to get nekkid with? Skin to skin heat transfer works very well to in mild hypothermia situations. Had to use it myself 25 years ago in Hot Water beach, NZ.

giphy.gif

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Antares35 wrote: »
    Pregnancy hormones..have I lost my mind :(

Oh I hear ya loud and bloody clear. One minute I'm gushing over baby clothes and the next I'm bawling crying cos the hoover bag is full 🙄

Speedsie wrote: »

TA'd I've no one to get nekkid with (for whatever reason) for several years now.

https://blog.nols.edu/blog/blog-new/2015/04/24/why-snuggling-wont-treat-hypothermia-but-doesnt-hurt-either

Haven't been nekkid with someone in five years or thereabouts.

But thanks for the reminder...

*cries tears of ice*

• Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

*cries tears of ice*

I'm sorry, but I laughed!

Porklife has TA'd me because I realise I forgot to buy hoover bags. Still, not as if anyone can call. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

*cries tears of ice*

Well, tis the hot water bottle route for thee and me, alas!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement