Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New God of War

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,282 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, remove the plastic and use your card. Nothing else needed even if you didn't have a card, just your John Hancock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,284 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think I'll just wait for a price drop. Plenty to keep me going anyway until then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Might have to give it a go, never played a GoW before:

c5jnbwbaytr01.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm happy I pre-ordered it, I'd never have survived the hype

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Think I'll just wait for a price drop. Plenty to keep me going anyway until then.

Feel the same bro, want it, looks amazing. But ive about twenty games that fit that bracket that i need to finish first :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭Redo91

Thargor wrote: »
    Might have to give it a go, never played a GoW before:

c5jnbwbaytr01.png

Same here. This game wasn’t on my radar at all tbh given the backlog I have. Since it’s a reboot does not seem necessary to have played the orginal trilogy.

• Administrators Posts: 54,091 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Considering buying a Ps4 just to play this. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Redo91 wrote: »
    . Since it’s a reboot does not seem necessary to have played the orginal trilogy.

I don't think it's a reboot as such.
    A reboot as far as I'm aware means that you discard the original lore or story and start over.
    This does neither. I think they are calling it God of War again though as it takes a big step away from the style of the first 3 and it's been a while since they were released.
    It's canon, and continues on in the future after the first 3.
    However, given that the first 3 were set in a different 'world' with different gods so to speak, I don't think it's necessary either to have played the first 3 to enjoy this .
    awec wrote: »
    Considering buying a Ps4 just to play this. :pac:

Wouldn't be a bad thing given the PS4s price and the other exclusives incl
    -Shadow of the Collosus
    -Bloodborne
    -Uncharted
    -The Last of Us
    -Horizon Zero Dawn
    -Death Stranding (not released yet)
    -Spiderman (not released yet)
    -Last of Us p2 (not released yet)
    -Yakuza series

and they are just the exclusives. There are lots more if you don't own a PC or Xbox that are worth getting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,723 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

God of War story so far for those who haven’t played them.

Kratos angry!
    Kratos smash!

Multiply by three plus spin-offs.

It's not a reboot and everything that happened before still happened. I haven't read any reviews or anything to see how he ended up where he is. But I'd say calling it God of War is just to give it kind of a fresh start. Calling it God of War 4 would have the effect of some people being reluctant to buy it due to not having played the previous 3. I know I'm one of those that likes to play games in order. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,225 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm sure there'll probably be some references to previous games, but given the time jump in the story and a brand new setting, as well as huge changes to the gameplay and combat system, it seems designed to act as a new jumping-on point for the franchise. The start of a new story arc. Zero-to-minimal knowledge of the previous games would be needed.

A story recap video on YouTube would have you caught up within 10 minutes, as like others have said, the story was never really that deep to begin with in the previous games (though that being said, I actually really enjoyed the story in previous games, as I liked the use of Greek Mythology, which I'd learned a lot about from Xena :D).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Bought GOD3:Remastered in gamestop new for 20, what a game. Never played any of the others but its such a great game and looks stunning, well worth the money. Its 39.99 on PSN thats a bit steep tbh but its a super game never the less.

Cant wait for the new game, anyone know if its optimised for HDR? Wanna put my PS4Pro and 4K telly to good use....:)

Just see in the PS Bargains thread this is in Smyths for €50 if you can't be bothered to go looking for games for the GS offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

[/quote]Cant wait for the new game, anyone know if its optimised for HDR? Wanna put my PS4Pro and 4K telly to good use....:)[/quote]

For sure it'll make use of HDR, I expect this to surpass zero dawn in the shiny department.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Got the last copy of Just Cause 3 in Argos Stephen's Green this morning and traded it into GameStop.
    Roll on Friday!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Just see in the PS Bargains thread this is in Smyths for €50 if you can't be bothered to go looking for games for the GS offer.

ya, you can pre order with free delivery with smyths for €50 , so hopefully it will be in the post friday, if not monday will do me !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

God of War story so far for those who haven’t played them.

Kratos angry!
    Kratos smash!

Multiply by three plus spin-offs.

I've played every single GoW game to completion!

Never realised there was a story in any of them, until you mentioned it there :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,554 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

this game has me interested as I have only played the first one and thought it was alright but nothing special so never bothered with the 2nd one that came with the collection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Haven't seen a single ounce of footage for this game except from its original reveal. I have only heard people talk about it in podcasts that I listen to (spoiler free) and so far I haven't heard a game get so much praise in a long time so I've went and pre-ordered it. Absolutely buzzing for this.

• Advertisement

1/2 way through my morning in work I realised I'd booked it as a holiday. I'll get this pre-downloaded this week and have taken Friday off instead. This has worked out surprisingly well.

So with all the high scores, how long of a honeymoon period are we looking at? :)

Just got my review code!!! Downloading as soon as I get home

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

So with all the high scores, how long of a honeymoon period are we looking at? :)

People were already whining about it after the reviews came out last week so -7 days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

But the reviews are already out!
    You're a terrible reviewer! :P

Jealous?
    No, I'm not jealous :D

It's why the game will only get a 7 from him. :)

• Advertisement

marcbrophy wrote: »
    But the reviews are already out!
    You're a terrible reviewer! :P

Jealous?
    No, I'm not jealous :D

Don't blame me! Blame Sony. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭screw2loose

what are Smyths like for delivery on release day? really want to play this friday night, but wouldn't make it to Jervis before 6pm

• CastorTroy wrote: »

It says 54.99 on the website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    It says 54.99 on the website

€50 was the price to preorder for in store collection, it has now gone up to €52.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

54.99 online and you save 3 quid in store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

What site are you with? Will check it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    What site are you with? Will check it out.

Yes, please share as I would also like to be able to verbally abuse you if I don't agree with your verdict.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I see for some reason the Irish PSN store doesn't allow the purchase of the God of War Standard edition. If you want it, you need to buy the Deluxe edition, or buy it from the US store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,282 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I've watched 12 seconds of that and stopped. Don't think I want to know what he's going to say. Roll on Friday!!
    I see for some reason the Irish PSN store doesn't allow the purchase of the God of War Standard edition. If you want it, you need to buy the Deluxe edition, or buy it from the US store

I have a mate who bought it via the App but it's not showing in his library and still looking for payment in the Store. Could be something to do with it.

Seem to be getting the digital deluxe edition for the price the standard would be though.

Vicxas wrote: »
    54.99 online and you save 3 quid in store

i only ordered yesterday, they take €5 off when paying for it on preorder of the game, so €49.99 delivered from Smyths

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

Thinking of booking Friday off to play this, what time will it be available to play from PSN ?

foobar wrote: »
    Thinking of booking Friday off to play this, what time will it be available to play from PSN ?

Either Midnight or 1am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

PSN pre-load has started today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

wes wrote: »
    PSN pre-load has started today.

To quote George Hamilton: "The excitement is palpable"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Traded in my copy of far cry 5 for 40 and bought just cause 3 and did the trade offer so it worked out essentially free :D

When the guy behind the counter saw me coming with the copy of Just Cause he said " You clearly know the trade in list well." :pac: I imagine they'll get a fair few copies over the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Traded in my copy of far cry 5 for 40 and bought just cause 3 and did the trade offer so it worked out essentially free :D

When the guy behind the counter saw me coming with the copy of Just Cause he said " You clearly know the trade in list well." :pac: I imagine they'll get a fair few copies over the weekend.

Does anyone have the actual list handy?

Nevermind, found it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Vicxas wrote: »
    Does anyone have the actual list handy?

Nevermind, found it.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Software-Trade-In-Offers

That's it although it seems to change pretty regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hangar18_

Got dispatch email from smyths should have it friday hopefully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭panevthe3rd

Got my dispatch email too.

Now to listen to this on repeat while im waiting for the postman

https://youtu.be/RnZQeWIzIOw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Trading in my pro for the SE. Does anyone know exactly what i have to bring with me tomorrow.

Console
    Power cable
    Controller
    Usb cable?
    Hdmi cable?
    2 games

all downloaded ready to go, off tomorrow, giddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Just seen COD MWR is on that trade in list for gamestop. I've a copy gathering dust on a shelf so to get God of War for 20 quid with it is brilliant. Hopefully there'll be a few copies left come Saturday because that's the earliest I'll be able to get it.

• Advertisement

was dispatched by Smyths yesterday, did anyone get it today ? I will be home at lunch time and todays post should be there by then

Advertisement