Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New God of War

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

In fairness Huber gets excited over everything at the drop of a hat.
    It's not affected his reviews in the past for me. They are usually thoughtfully done. His PUBG review for Easy Allies is a good example.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭ T. Hanks^

HYPE!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Uncharted, TLOU, Horizon and this seemingly. Sony seem to have perfected the blockbuster action adventure game. Or perfected bankrolling them.

(TLOU did have more horror elements admittedly).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    HYPE!

Plenty of room, hop aboard.

it's 94 on metacritc based on 80 reviews.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/god-of-war?ref=hp

think that all the talk of one possibly biased review can be dismissed at this point.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Uncharted, TLOU, Horizon and this seemingly. Sony seem to have perfected the blockbuster action adventure game. Or perfected bankrolling them.

(TLOU did have more horror elements admittedly).

Sony have killed Microsoft in the last 5 years in terms of quality exclusives imo

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Bollox, I was all content getting Yakuza 6 next week and now I want to get this first, play through and trade for Yakuza.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭ T. Hanks^

weiland79 wrote: »
    Plenty of room, hop aboard.

Oh I'm already well on. PS4 pro gonna get this guuud

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Impressions of the game very impressive so far. Looks like a great and long overdue re-imagining of the series. Apparently the no camera cuts work extremely well which is an achievement in itself. Looking forward to playing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,236 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Gamestop have a deal whereby you can get it for 20 quid when you trade in 1 game off their list. 1 game I saw is in argos for 17 quid. So 37 for the new god of war. Not bad.

Which game?

IGN gave it a 10/10 but no one pays attention to them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Vicxas wrote: »
    Which game?

IGN gave it a 10/10 but no one pays attention to them

The Last of Us, and Far Cry Primal is a couple of Euro more.

I take it the game is okay then??

cph8hh0gdir01.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Hope the PS4 keeps this quality up with Days Gone, Death Stranding, Last of Us 2 and Ghost of Tsushima.
    Could be a serious catalog of exclusives!

Hope the PS4 keeps this quality up with Days Gone, Death Stranding, Last of Us 2 and Ghost of Tsushima.
    Could be a serious catalog of exclusives!

Yakuza 6, Spiderman, Detroit also.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,126 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Where's looking like the cheapest place to get this around launch? Smyths for 55 doesn't seem too bad?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Where's looking like the cheapest place to get this around launch? Smyths for 55 doesn't seem too bad?

If you are definitely gonna pick it up from Smyths, you should preorder it to get a fiver off. 50 quid, not too shabby

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/new-games-coming-soon/coming-soon-playstation-4/god-of-war-ps4/p/154084

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,126 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    If you are definitely gonna pick it up from Smyths, you should preorder it to get a fiver off. 50 quid, not too shabby

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/new-games-coming-soon/coming-soon-playstation-4/god-of-war-ps4/p/154084

Actually just spotted that there cheers, can't argue with that for a launch day price.

Buy TLoU in Argos for €18 and trade to GameStop, will currently give you a trade boost to €50 leaving €20 to be paid. Total cost €38.

Buy TLoU in Argos for €18 and trade to GameStop, will currently give you a trade boost to €50 leaving €20 to be paid. Total cost €38.

Ah yeah I saw that but there's a Smyth's very close to where I work so for the sake of 12 euro it's a lot more handy.

• Advertisement

Ah yeah I saw that but there's a Smyth's very close to where I work so for the sake of 12 euro it's a lot more handy.

Fair enough, no point in doing it if it costs more money in additional transport and parking than what you save.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,799 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

And none of the Argos' in Limerick have either TLOU or Far Cry Primal... Typical!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,778 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Digital Foundry tech analysis up. Be interesting to see. God of War 3 was not a good game but the tech in it was spectacular and it was the game that finally gave the PS3 an anti aliasing solution that wasn't utter garbage, which also went on to be used across the industry. Be interesting to see what new stuff, if any, Santa Monica bring to the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Digital Foundry tech analysis up. Be interesting to see. God of War 3 was not a good game but the tech in it was spectacular and it was the game that finally gave the PS3 an anti aliasing solution that wasn't utter garbage, which also went on to be used across the industry. Be interesting to see what new stuff, if any, Santa Monica bring to the table.

It was massively spectacle over substance, but, to be perfectly honest, I loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

How are Smyths regarding home delivery of their pre-orders? Will I get it on launch day?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

How are Smyths regarding home delivery of their pre-orders? Will I get it on launch day?

Not my own experience, but I've read others for theirs on release day, others not till the Monday after. That's good enough for me tbh, so ordered with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

While I'm tired of comparing character relationships to The Last of Us from what I've seen the interaction between Kratos and Atreus looks to be up there with Joel and Ellie. That was quite an emotional rollercoaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

While I'm tired of comparing character relationships to The Last of Us from what I've seen the interaction between Kratos and Atreus looks to be up there with Joel and Ellie. That was quite an emotional rollercoaster.
    I was never so afraid that a cartoon might die.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

I don't see TLOU on the list of games to trade in in GameStop

• Advertisement

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    I don't see TLOU on the list of games to trade in in GameStop

The list has changed since this morning. Far Cry Primal has also been removed in favor of Far Cry 5.

Just Cause 3 is now the cheapest on the list in Argos at €19.99 closely followed by Friday the 13th at €21.99

Advertisement