Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Booze deals [Megathread]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,221 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

LIDL, in D3 at least, have put out another load of bin end sale wines for €5.

These were wines that came in during monthly specials, originally ranging in price from €7.99 to €19.99.

There was a range of reds and whites, Bordeaux, Rioja, Dolcetta, Madiran.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,928 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Anyone know where to get Chang or Tsingtao these days? Lidl had Chang in the summer but never got it back in. None of the big supermarkets seem to have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭RayCon

Anyone know where to get Chang or Tsingtao these days? Lidl had Chang in the summer but never got it back in. Nine of the big supermarkets seem to have it.

Just go to those so .... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,738 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

rubadub wrote: »
    nope, they are €20!

Any 24 For 20.00
    valid from 20/12/2018 until 24/12/2018

great value as they are 5%

Great deal. Nice beer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Seve OB wrote: »
    any good deals on mulled wine?
    I need half a dozen bottles

The Gluhwein in Lidl was buy one get one free yesterday in my local one. 7 euro for two. There was feck all left tho and I am not sure how good it is, girlfriend likes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭deisedav

Anyone know where to get Chang or Tsingtao these days? Lidl had Chang in the summer but never got it back in. None of the big supermarkets seem to have it.

My local lidl get in the tsingtao a fair bit and its nice beer. They had litre bottles a few months ago in the carry out off licence if you wanted more of a hit for Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TG860

I remember my local Dunnes Stores (Drogheda) carries Tsingtao.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Got two litres of Paddy Whiskey for €40 today in Tesco :D. On sale at €25 each but you can get two for €40. You can also mix and match with Captain Morgan. Loads in Liffey Valley. I think it was two for €50 for Tanqueray gin.

They also had Proper 12 whiskey (if you need a gift for someone you despise!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Got two litres of Paddy Whiskey for €40 today in Tesco :D. On sale at €25 each but you can get two for €40. You can also mix and match with Captain Morgan. Loads in Liffey Valley. I think it was two for €50 for Tanqueray gin.

They also had Proper 12 whiskey (if you need a gift for someone you despise!)

You can mix and match with Smirnoff and Gordon's pink and regular gin too, it was posted somewhere here yesterday. Great value, especially with the vouchers floating around.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

morritty wrote: »
    I haven't seen anything decent, I might just make some up over the weekend

What's your method and what wine would you use?

• Advertisement

Seve OB wrote: »
    What's your method and what wine would you use?

I was in a Tesco yesterday evening and they have a packet of ingredients (for 2 euro I think) that is specifically for making mulled wine.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Dools2007

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has seen any good deals on Jameson whiskey 70cl bottles.

A few places were selling these for €20 earlier in the week but can only see them selling for €23/bottle now.

Need to buy a few...... :)

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Lidls deal tomorrow is 2 slabs of Carlsberg or Budweiser for 30 Euro.
    Handy if you live beside one, doubt there'll be much supply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,664 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Dools2007 wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has seen any good deals on Jameson whiskey 70cl bottles.

A few places were selling these for €20 earlier in the week but can only see them selling for €23/bottle now.

Need to buy a few...... :)

Cheers.

Use the Tesco shop and save voucher and you’re getting them cheaper
    €10 off every €45 spent

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,518 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Lidl cork st had a load of clearance wine for a fiver as well. And i thought about the slabs of caelsberg for 20€ but decided against it...wil clean them out at 2 for €30 tomorrow.

tis the season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Who's got the cheapest deal on Bailey's right now? Might end up getting the Aldi speciality one instead but no harm in asking..

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Whyohwhyy

Danger781 wrote: »
    Who's got the cheapest deal on Bailey's right now? Might end up getting the Aldi speciality one instead but no harm in asking..

All I know is tesco and dunnes have it at €13. Tesco had it at €10 last weekend, could drop again to that tomorrow? With the vouchers it works out a bit cheaper too so even at €13 it's not bad really?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Use the Tesco shop and save voucher and you’re getting them cheaper
    €10 off every €45 spent

Eurospar EUR20 for a 70cl bottle Jameson, limit 2 per customer?

Eurospar EUR20 for a 70cl bottle Jameson, limit 2 per customer?

Cheaper in Tesco 2 x 70cl bottles for €36 when you use a voucher, not much in it but as Tesco day every little helps

• Advertisement

Eurospar are doing their best to stay in this cut price booze war, they're good for a bottle of something every now and then.

Tough business now for any small franchise with the big supermarkets so aggressive looking for market share.

Eurospar are doing their best to stay in this cut price booze war, they're good for a bottle of something every now and then.

Tough business now for any small franchise with the big supermarkets so aggressive looking for market share.

Some people don’t bother bargain hunting, I was in my local spar getting a card and someone I know had 2 x 4 can of bulmers €2.29 each
    I told him he’s a simpleton
    He replied he doesn’t want 24 only 8 cans
    So I pointed to the 8 pack for €11
    He wasn’t amused

Some people don’t bother bargain hunting, I was in my local spar getting a card and someone I know had 2 x 4 can of bulmers €2.29 each
    I told him he’s a simpleton
    He replied he doesn’t want 24 only 8 cans
    So I pointed to the 8 pack for €11
    He wasn’t amused

For the likes of me and you to prosper we need a few plebs like him to help balance things out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭kenkin

Are Heineken cans on offer anywhere please

kenkin wrote: »

Tesco have 24 cans for €25... a saving of €26.60?
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=250640585

Buy the Independent with a coupon, get 48 for €40.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Is that today's paper?

• Advertisement

Is that today's paper?

There is a pdf on bargain alerts you can scan it on your phone at self service

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=468607&d=1545390824

Is that today's paper?

Yep, Friday 21st, on page 17.

Keep an eye on this thread:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=108942693

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,462 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

kenkin wrote: »

€20 in SuperValu, €25 in Tesco.

All the papers were gone and I can't scan the voucher as I'm shopping online.
    On a brighter note, thanks for the heads up on the wine sale, picked up some very lovely wines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,528 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

deisedav wrote: »
    My local lidl get in the tsingtao a fair bit and its nice beer.
    TG860 wrote: »
    I remember my local Dunnes Stores (Drogheda) carries Tsingtao.

That's strange, I've never seen it in my local [Lidl|Dunnes]

I did sample it out of a hotel mini-bar in Hong Kong when I was on honeymoon, not bad...

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,560 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Lidl would do it twice a year roughly and some big Dunnes would have it all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭DubInTheWest

Lads, the grolsch, can you tell me what other beer it resembles in any way ? I drank Stella artois for years when it was 5%, now it's 4.8 and hard to get where I am never mind getting it cheap these days. I see in the thread the grolsch is 5% but don't want to buy a tray and just leave it there. There reason I'm asking is, I often see the Franziskaner from Lidl on boards and people love it, I got it and hated it. I'm more of a Stella, or Heineken person, or last resort Bud.

Thanks

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Lads, the grolsch, can you tell me what other beer it resembles in any way ? I drank Stella artois for years when it was 5%, now it's 4.8 and hard to get where I am never mind getting it cheap these days. I see in the thread the grolsch is 5% but don't want to buy a tray and just leave it there. There reason I'm asking is, I often see the Franziskaner from Lidl on boards and people love it, I got it and hated it. I'm more of a Stella, or Heineken person, or last resort Bud.

Thanks

Grolsch is a lager, not too dissimilar to Stella, so you should be grand. Franziskaner, being a weissbier, is indeed quite different. (I love the stuff!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

2 slabs in Lidl for €30. Bud and carlsberg today. Heineken tomorrow. Best deal in the history of slab sales, surely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭DubInTheWest

Quackster wrote: »
    Grolsch is a lager, not too dissimilar to Stella, so you should be grand. Franziskaner, being a weissbier, is indeed quite different. (I love the stuff!)

Thanks very much. I'll grab a couple of slabs. I went off the bud years ago and now I'm sick of the Heineken so looking for something else. The 5% is nice too.

I was passing Lidl at 1pm and couldn’t resist the offer, only Carlsberg left but for that price it will do

I was passing Lidl at 1pm and couldn’t resist the offer, only Carlsberg left but for that price it will be
    probably........;)

Heineken and Guinness tomorrow in Lidl mix and match 2 for €30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,462 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Now that's another level of crazy :D

Can’t go wrong there
    Stock up for Good Friday lol

• Advertisement

Heineken, Guinness, Bud and Carlsberg for 15€ slab. Jesus, MUP is gonna kill us if it ever happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

..one way to survive these deals...see attached

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭TetraSonic55

ArraMusha wrote: »
    ..one way to survive these deals...see attached

Brilliant :D

I live in a one bedroom apartment so have no more room for booze. I stashed two slabs in the boot of the car for an emergency :p

I live in a one bedroom apartment so have no more room for booze. I stashed two slabs in the boot of the car for an emergency :p

I feel your pain.. have thought about putting a banger of a van in apartment car park for similar purposes.!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,560 ✭✭✭✭L1011

slabs in the boot = extra traction in a RWD, two birds with one stone if that's the case.

L1011 wrote: »
    slabs in the boot = extra traction in a RWD, two birds with one stone if that's the case.

Keeps them nicely chilled too

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BOBIDGE

Thank you BOOZERS!

All set for our wedding next year. Well, almost......last run tomorrow!

20181222_220507.jpg

Just under 800e, btw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

My local Lidl had quite a number of fairly drinkable wines reduced to clear this evening,€5 a pop.
    I drink a lot of red so very happy with the two I picked up, saved me hitting my more expensive collection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

2 for €30 on slabs??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement