Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus looking for Drivers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kiltipper

Thanks a lot Miisha, good to know! I wish you all the best in your driving career!

Thanks a lot for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 miiisha

kiltipper wrote: »
    Thanks a lot Miisha, good to know! I wish you all the best in your driving career!

thanks! well I hope there will be some career haha still waiting :)

good luck to you too!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Bertie21

Hi guys,
    Just applied for Dublin bus (B licence,D learner permit & CPC). And wondaring if they are still recruiting someone who is in my situation (B license)? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Merry Christmas and Happy New year to you all.

The recruitment drive is set to continue throughout 2020 i believe , and yes that includes B license D learner CPC candidates .
    Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Bertie21

miiisha wrote: »
    I am the same case like you, I applied in october, I did writing assessment in November, two weeks after that i was invited for a driving assessment and interview, next day after the interview I got an email where they told me to attend medical check, which I attended 5th December. I passed the medical. but I haven't heard from them since. so now I am impatiently waiting as all process was pretty quick but now they seem to be stuck ��

When I went through the same process last year it went exactly like that , very quick between all the steps up to the medical and then almost 2 months before getting a start date.
    The school is full and they have to get a full class ( 6 per class ) scheduled plus the trainers before they call you .
    I ended up getting months notice .
    But the good news is , the wait is totally normal and once you pass the medical you are in .
    Best of luck , it is a great job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Bertie21 wrote: »
    When I went through the same process last year it went exactly like that , very quick between all the steps up to the medical and then almost 2 months before getting a start date.
    The school is full and they have to get a full class ( 6 per class ) scheduled plus the trainers before they call you .
    But the good news is , the wait is totally normal and once you pass the medical you are in .

Closing date now out to 31st April.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Bertie21 wrote: »

that sounds pretty hopeful! thanks, I really needed to hear that :))

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭d51984

Im in Clontarf now just over a year. I hate it, have applied to Irish rail.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 steevem23

d51984 wrote: »
    Im in Clontarf now just over a year. I hate it, have applied to Irish rail.

Hello mate is it the people , the route , the management ...please tell us what do u hate ?
    Im trying my second time with this and yet I feel that once I get it , I probably won't stay long

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ax586

steevem23 wrote: »
    Hello mate is it the people , the route , the management ...please tell us what do u hate ?
    Im trying my second time with this and yet I feel that once I get it , I probably won't stay long

I'm in Summerhill and love it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Harristown and love it too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

A lot of this is down to whether you are a pessimist or an optimist.

Busdriving is NOT an easy job,as in it demands a cross-section of skills which many people find difficult to blend together.

If,and it's a BIG If,you are the type of person who focuses on the negatives then I would be questioning myself a bit deeper.

However,if you are openminded and can interact with a broad church of personalities,then there's no reason to be reluctant.

Remember it's a Job,it's not the Freemasons you're joining,and YOU are totally free to make your own decisions without reference to the audience.

Best of luck in whatever you decide to do. :)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Contrails

Donnybrook driver here. Thoroughly enjoy it. Came from a very different job before (desk jokey).
    If i may offer my 2 cents to any person here entering the industry it's this; acknowledge your passengers. A simple 'howiya' , with some eye contact, instantly makes you more human, and not just a bus driver. People love the tiniest bit of interaction, helps keep tempers calm too if things aren't going great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Contrails wrote: »
    Donnybrook driver here. Thoroughly enjoy it. Came from a very different job before (desk jokey).
    If i may offer my 2 cents to any person here entering the industry it's this; acknowledge your passengers. A simple 'howiya' , with some eye contact, instantly makes you more human, and not just a bus driver. People love the tiniest bit of interaction, helps keep tempers calm too if things aren't going great.

This is one of the reasons why I make sure to keep the assault screen down (or at least halfway down, depending on the route, time of day/night, etc). It's a communication barrier. More often than not, talking to someone in a civil manner (whether you feel they deserve civility or not) will prevent things from kicking off.

Also, don't be worrying about whether people have paid the correct fare or not. So what if they've only paid €2.15 instead of €3.30? They're not getting one over on you. It's not coming out of your pocket. The amount of unnecessary rows I've seen on buses over the years, caused by drivers thinking they're ticket inspectors. It's not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Did they tell you on the day of the medical if you passed or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ax586

Did they tell you on the day of the medical if you passed or not?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Hi all, my OH is having the aptitude test on Tuesday and is a bit nervous about what to expect, she asked me to post here to see if anyone could shed a bit of light on what can be expected, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 steevem23

Hi all, my OH is having the aptitude test on Tuesday and is a bit nervous about what to expect, she asked me to post here to see if anyone could shed a bit of light on what can be expected, thanks!

Fare calculation eg 1.30 + 3.30, watch out for different stages
    Make a report of a road incident.
    Situational judgement test . Where you pick the best answer in order of preference .

MonkstownHoop, Wondering how did your Husband get on with aptitude test and when did he apply for the job?
    I applied around 3rd week of December and haven't heard from them yet.
    Thanks and best of luck to your Husband in getting the job.

MonkstownHoop, Wondering how did your Husband get on with aptitude test and when did he apply for the job?
    I applied around 3rd week of December and haven't heard from them yet.
    Thanks and best of luck to your Husband in getting the job.

She applied on 30th December and She got an email a week ago with the date for the test. She said it went well and she also said to email their HR about your application as they were very responsive to her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

She applied on 30th December and She got an email a week ago with the date for the test. She said it went well and she also said to email their HR about your application as they were very responsive to her.

I think you got your point across :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭LastStop

I think you got your point across :pac:

Did she attend one of the open days? Female applications being fast tracked as part of the positive action (definitely not discrimination) to get more women behind the wheel.

Thanks. I emailed the HR and hopefully they'll come back to me soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Orlando2019

Did she get her results yet ? I also did my test on the same day, they said we'd hear from them by the end of the week but so far nothing..

Did she get her results yet ? I also did my test on the same day, they said we'd hear from them by the end of the week but so far nothing..

Literally just there, email to say successful and will hear from them within a few weeks for the Driving assessment & interview

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Orlando2019

That's great news, I also got mine around 5pm, I thought they were going to let us boil over the weekend, anyways best of luck in the next stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 goodmurnin

I am the same case like you, I applied in october, I did writing assessment in November, two weeks after that i was invited for a driving assessment and interview, next day after the interview I got an email where they told me to attend medical check, which I attended 5th December. I passed the medical. but I haven't heard from them since. so now I am impatiently waiting as all process was pretty quick but now they seem to be stuck ��

Hi Miiisha, Any update with your process? I am also in a similar position. Could you share what types of questions to expect in the interview? Thanks

goodmurnin wrote: »
    Hi Miiisha, Any update with your process? I am also in a similar position. Could you share what types of questions to expect in the interview? Thanks

hi, I got a call two weeks ago, starting training the 17th Feb :) pretty excited about it :)

oh, the interview.. well they wanted to know a lot about me, my current job, my free time. then what I know about the company, how I handle the stressful situation, if I got into any in my job, then they asked what I would do to make sure the passengers are safe while boarding on bus... yeah they were really into passengers safety.
    but they seemed to be very helpful. when they saw I struggle with a question, they kept asking me until they got the answer from me they wanted to hear.

I can't remember anything else now, once I got over it, I forgot it :)

maybe anybody else could help here as well?

and also anybody starting training the 17th Feb?

good luck to all, crossed fingers! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Starting on the 17th myself

• Advertisement

hi, I got a call two weeks ago, starting training the 17th Feb :) pretty excited about it :)

oh, the interview.. well they wanted to know a lot about me, my current job, my free time. then what I know about the company, how I handle the stressful situation, if I got into any in my job, then they asked what I would do to make sure the passengers are safe while boarding on bus... yeah they were really into passengers safety.
    but they seemed to be very helpful. when they saw I struggle with a question, they kept asking me until they got the answer from me they wanted to hear.

I can't remember anything else now, once I got over it, I forgot it :)

maybe anybody else could help here as well?

and also anybody starting training the 17th Feb?

good luck to all, crossed fingers! ;)

Hi my gf got the email for the driving test/interview next week, she'd like to know what kind of company info you looked at? Thanks.

Advertisement