Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus looking for Drivers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 goodmurnin

Hey Miiisha, thats great news congratulations. My interview is tomorrow. Thank you very much for the insight, you have been very helpful. Enjoy the training and all the best ��

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭d51984

Im still here, getting a bit better tbh. I did hate it at first but warming to it now. There are some assholes out there. That 27 route is a pain in the ass. Love the 130 and the 29As but the 27 is bloody awful, especially if your dying for a pee. Buses are grand to drive GT/SG , I havnt seen any AX in our depo would like to take one out.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Orlando2019

goodmurnin wrote: »
    Hey Miiisha, thats great news congratulations. My interview is tomorrow. Thank you very much for the insight, you have been very helpful. Enjoy the training and all the best ��

Hi goodmurnin, please let us know how you get on with the driving assessment and the interviewers, any info or tips would be very helpful, many thanks and good luck tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 miiisha

goodmurnin wrote: »

thank you very much! :)
    how was the interview?? how did you find it? all good?

d51984 wrote: »
    Im still here, getting a bit better tbh. I did hate it at first but warming to it now. There are some assholes out there. That 27 route is a pain in the ass. Love the 130 and the 29As but the 27 is bloody awful, especially if your dying for a pee. Buses are grand to drive GT/SG , I havnt seen any AX in our depo would like to take one out.

yeah I heard about route 27.... nobody wants this one haha well it all probably depends on the depot you are put in? I have no idea how all this stuff works yet... I'll find soon tho.. hopefully it'll be ok :)

• Advertisement

Hi my gf got the email for the driving test/interview next week, she'd like to know what kind of company info you looked at? Thanks.

tbh I don't even remember what answer I gave them for this question :D something like they are one of the biggest company in Dublin and everyone knows them blah blah.. really don't remember haha
    but I'd suggest for her to read something about the company on their website! just go through it and she'll know :)

good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭LastStop

Hi my gf got the email for the driving test/interview next week, she'd like to know what kind of company info you looked at? Thanks.

What do you know about DB?

DB are the largest bus company in Dublin providing the highest number of daily trips within the capital. They operate PSO services in the Greater Dublin Area as well as commercial operations such are airlink, nitelink and various tours. Their aim is to get people to their destination in a SAFE and timely manner. The training centre is one of the best in Europe for training new recruits and this helps focus staff on importance of safety culture within the Organisation.

Emphasis on safety.

I had my driving assessment and interview yesterday,
    It was better than I expected very friendly people, but my nervousness was inevitable.
    Had the interview with 2 lovely ladies, they mostly asked about my previous job, asked To give examples of stress at my current job and how I managed it, got asked many safety questions about bus driving, one question was if an elderly person doesn't have his fare money, do I let him in or not ?, yeah over all was good,

Got invited for the medical at the beginning of march, does anyone knows what fallows afterwards if successful, garda vetting ? Do they send you an invitation to do it through email or how does it work? And also how long does the vetting takes this days ?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭mondeoman2

Got invited for the medical at the beginning of march, does anyone knows what fallows afterwards if successful, garda vetting ? Do they send you an invitation to do it through email or how does it work? And also how long does the vetting takes this days ?

If you Pass The Medical They Will Tell You There And Then.
    After That You Just Wait Till They Contact You With A Start Date(After They
    Ring Your Nominated References)
    They Will Ring You Normally.
    Good luck With Medical.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that! Its good to have an idea of what's next.

Just passed the medical today, back to the waiting and the uncertainty, good luck to all others applying and thanks for all the info posted here, it was of great help.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭LastStop

Just passed the medical today, back to the waiting and the uncertainty, good luck to all others applying and thanks for all the info posted here, it was of great help.

Well done. You won't be waiting too long, they stil seem to be flying through for now.

LastStop wrote: »
    Well done. You won't be waiting too long, they stil seem to be flying through for now.

Thanks for that, it's something I've been really looking forward to doing for some time and now I'm finally getting close.

And yes the process was fast until now comparing to older threads I've seen from past experiences of others that had to wait months between each assessment.

I'll post again once I get the call hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 krusty 123

Hi everyone, there is someone here who had a written assessment on 20/02/2020?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Would the current situation with Covid 19 put a halt on recruitment considering now the RSA have suspended all driving tests until the 29th March. There could be issues if large numbers of drivers are forced to self isolate without any replacement drivers available.

Could amnesties be put in place to allow both DB, BE and GAI trainee drivers to be able to operate in service without having passed the test once training has been completed due to the fact that it is considered an essential service.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

GT89 wrote: »
    Would the current situation with Covid 19 put a halt on recruitment considering now the RSA have suspended all driving tests until the 29th March. There could be issues if large numbers of drivers are forced to self isolate without any replacement drivers available.

Could amnesties be put in place to allow both DB, BE and GAI trainee drivers to be able to operate in service without having passed the test once training has been completed due to the fact that it is considered an essential service.
    You'd need another driver with you, and L plates up.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Anything is possible if there are not enough current drivers to run services. I could easily see licences being issued to people who would have gone through a training program with DB without sitting the actual driving test.

You'd need another driver with you, and L plates up.

Yes but what I'm saying is could the rules be changed temporaily just for DB, GAI and BE considering the exceptional circumstances we are in. For example trainee Gardai are supposed taking on frontline policing roles likewise with trainee nurses.

From what I believe the training provided by DB and GAI is to a very high standard and the danger to the general public would be a lot lower considering the lower traffic and passenger volumes during these times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Sounds great until a driver without a full licence drives though a crowd of people.

New class started Monday, no idea if another is coming in next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

My thoughts on it would be canceled hiring altogether to be honest.

Services could end up been cut like the last recession.

My thoughts on it would be canceled hiring altogether to be honest.

Services could end up been cut like the last recession.

Was in this morning, saying they don't want to cut routes because less buses more people on the bus.

Was in this morning, saying they don't want to cut routes because less buses more people on the bus.

But sure if nobody has a job to go to they couldn't keep the full service as is...

Can also see bus connect becoming an issue where it will be scaled back or cancelled even.

I carried 7 on one run yesterday and on last run 2.

Many are working from home and many businesses will actually see this as a great cost cutting initiative.

But sure if nobody has a job to go to they couldn't keep the full service as is...

Can also see bus connect becoming an issue where it will be scaled back or cancelled even.

I carried 7 on one run yesterday and on last run 2.

It would be a very foolish decision to start cutting capacity. When Network Direct was implemented it took years to get the service up to a level in keeping with the demand once the economy had recovered. Cutting frequency is a way to turn a temporary dip in passenger numbers into a permanent decline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

hearing the training center will be closed from tomorrow.

Only for the CPC, but they haven't been on all week here.

Only for the CPC, but they haven't been on all week here.

Dang I done mine last week, fecking hate it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

hearing the training center will be closed from tomorrow.

You are hearing wrong.

The continuing provision of Public Transport falls within the remit of the Government's multi-agency taskforce co-ordinating the State's COVID-19 measures.

An integral part of this is the need to ensure a supply of drivers across the Supply Chain and Public Transport areas.

It should also be borne in mind that there remains a cohort of full D licence applicants,who will not require the full RSA Test course,and therefore would be available for deployment to garages far earlier.

As with all large employers,it is highly likely that COVID-19 related absences will occur,and therefore must be planned for,which makes it prudent to continue new-driver intake for as long as possible,subject to Government advice.

All of this is totally subject to change at very short notice,depending upon instructions from the COVID-19 Task Force Committee.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

It would be a very foolish decision to start cutting capacity. When Network Direct was implemented it took years to get the service up to a level in keeping with the demand once the economy had recovered. Cutting frequency is a way to turn a temporary dip in passenger numbers into a permanent decline.

The money is going to run out very quickly with nobody travelling, services will have to be cut and IMO the sooner the better.

This is a situation where the only people that should travel are those who have to and those people should be using cars.
    Dang I done mine last week, fecking hate it

You'd hate it much more if you had to fork out €100 rather than be paid a days work for it.

Besides, like most things that requires groups to gather in a confined space we can bin CPC courses for the foreseeable.

• Advertisement

Vic_08 wrote: »
    The money is going to run out very quickly with nobody travelling, services will have to be cut and IMO the sooner the better.

This is a situation where the only people that should travel are those who have to and those people should be using cars.

Yes and once this crisis is over it will be much more difficult to put the resources back in place making public transport less attractive and people will return to their cars for good.

And you assume everyone has access to a car.

Advertisement