Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eir Broadband €29.99

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Barr wrote: »
    Anyone know what kind of deal you would get after this offer expires.

Are they like sky where you have to negotiate with them, threaten to leave etc.

Yes it's just like this were the price jumps after 12 months.
    The difference with Eir is that you probably won't be able to get through to the locality department(or any department except sales) on the phone as their call centres are seriously understaffed.

All big telcos have their issues and disgruntled customers but take a look at the talk to Eir forum on here, they are in a different league!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

They won't offer you a deal after. I'm at the end of my contract and tried 4 times to get anything. There best offer was charging me the going rate. No option for any of the advertised offers on the site as they are for new customers.

I was paying €180 a month. Moved my broadband & tv to Vodafone (€25 for 6 month then goes to €70), a much better service and tv box. And my two mobiles to virgin (€30).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Anyone know what kind of deal you would get after this offer expires.

Are they like sky where you have to negotiate with them, threaten to leave etc.

Is the eir sport pack a standard add on or am I destined to kiss this goodbye after the first year ?

Just ring them up, you don't need to threaten to leave. You might not get the best deal that a new customer gets but not far off.

You'll keep the Eir Sports pack

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Part 2 of the issue is that when the consumer gets through, he wants his issue resolved. Fair enough. Except resolving issues requires trained and experienced staff. Working in a call-centre taking calls from irate people for very little money is absolutely soul-destroying (I've done it) so turnover is massive, and turnover means no-one gets sufficient experience, so you get guys who can't solve the issues properly.

Vodaphone have live chat and ppl on the phones and are cheaper than eir, better service ,and have a customer care service unlike eir who are awfullllll

Just ring them up

You don't simply ring up Eir, you have to set a whole day aside for such a task.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Eir Mobile internet keeps breaking down if using abroad they use orange network

disasterous , moving networks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭KildareP

Vodaphone have live chat and ppl on the phones and are cheaper than eir, better service ,and have a customer care service unlike eir who are awfullllll

Vodafone is as bad as Eir in every way.
    Offshored powerless phone and chat support, franchised powerless retail network, they recently removed the option to be able to call up and speak directly to anyone on phone support at all (you have to schedule a call back), long wait times on live chat and general lack of resolution to issues.

Plenty of operators out there to choose from with Irish based, in-house support, with the power to resolve issues themselves or be able to walk over to the desk of someone who has. Often cheaper than Eir AND Vodafone overall too. Just without gimmicky half-price for X months followed by sky high price for the remaining Y months of your contract to give a false sense of value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭4motion

I was Eir customer I tried to get better deal to stay with them but contact loyalty team is a mission impossible so i moved to vodafone as i would pay 70e in eir.

KildareP wrote:
    Plenty of operators out there to choose from with Irish based, in-house support, with the power to resolve issues themselves or be able to walk over to the desk of someone who has. Often cheaper than Eir AND Vodafone overall too. Just without gimmicky half-price for X months followed by sky high price for the remaining Y months of your contract to give a false sense of value.

TBH I'm with VF ( fibre and mobile)ex eir , longest I've waited on VF chat was 5 minutes, broadband customer care the same,VF siro far superior compared to eir - no outages,no lies that I encountered whilst an eir customer,no call dropping etc,Google eir customer care all your answers there

4motion wrote:
    I was Eir customer I tried to get better deal to stay with them but contact loyalty team is a mission impossible so i moved to vodafone as i would pay 70e in eir.

Good move I'm left eir 3/ 4 years yet still receiving an e bill from them despite not owing anything and repeatedly contacting their so called customer care including here on boards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

torrevieja wrote: »
    Eir Mobile internet keeps breaking down if using abroad they use orange network

disasterous , moving networks
    I've never had any issues with eir overseas, fast 4G data. Sometimes I've had to select a different network manually

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭KildareP

TBH I'm with VF ( fibre and mobile)ex eir , longest I've waited on VF chat was 5 minutes, broadband customer care the same,VF siro far superior compared to eir - no outages,no lies that I encountered whilst an eir customer,no call dropping etc,Google eir customer care all your answers there
    Equally Google Vodafone customer care and find plenty of horror stories.

Have dealt with them personally and commercially and they are just frustrating beyond belief. No-one has the power to do anything and everything needs a callback (which often never materialises).

Stick to the "smaller" guys - both superior service and price to Vodafone or Eir offerings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Nightmare of a company to deal with. Just rubbish. I had to claim SEPA refunds because their service was so poor, and now they're chasing me with bills. Stay well away.

KildareP wrote:
    Have dealt with them personally and commercially and they are just frustrating beyond belief. No-one has the power to do anything and everything needs a callback (which often never materialises).

Have been with all, VF for me wins hands down on service, quality and communication

Anyone who has not delt with both has no idea. Yes vodafone are bad but eir just brings it to a totally different level.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

This is coming up to a year old , so people who took this offer (like myself) will be coming out of contract shortly.

Just wondering has anyone been able to renew at a price close to the original offer?

I’m dreading trying to get through to someone in eir , given some of the comments on here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,664 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

This is coming up to a year old , so people who took this offer (like myself) will be coming out of contract shortly.

Just wondering has anyone been able to renew at a price close to the original offer?

I’m dreading trying to get through to someone in eir , given some of the comments on here :(

I've had it for the last year at 34.99 and no issues. To be fair to eir, the products and pricing themselves are fine... it's their back-office operations that are the problem!

But my contract was up next month too and due to jump 20 quid so I just went into the local eir shop and asked about renewing it and adding mobile at 9.99 SIM only (the latter under a 30 day contract) and there was no issue.

Result... another 12 months fibre + unlimited everything mobile for just under €45 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

That is a good result ..... I thought the lads in the eir shop wouldn't want to know about broadband renewals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭the.red.baron

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I've had it for the last year at 34.99 and no issues. To be fair to eir, the products and pricing themselves are fine... it's their back-office operations that are the problem!

But my contract was up next month too and due to jump 20 quid so I just went into the local eir shop and asked about renewing it and adding mobile at 9.99 SIM only (the latter under a 30 day contract) and there was no issue.

Result... another 12 months fibre + unlimited everything mobile for just under €45 :D

35 is their stock offering, it involves a step down on the phone package or something and no eir sports possibly

just that little but more than the best switch offers

better than 72 or whatever it jumps up to otherwise

Advertisement